National Fries Day @ McDonald's, July 13, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I heard on the news that Thursday, July 13th is Free Fries Day. You can get a free order of french fries at participating McDonald's today: 🍟 McDonald’s Is Giving Away Free Fries on July 13

ETA: In the U.S. McDonald's fries are not plant based because they use beef flavoring. However, they are plant based in the UK, Australia and Canada.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Every now and then I crave their fries. Usually they have too much salt but maybe that’s what my body wants with those cravings. Hot and salty. :lol: I’ve ordered without salt from a few places and its actually wonderful too.:yummy:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been on a bit of a McDonalds fried bender, having them for lunch three times in the last week when I hadn’t had them in maybe a year. $2.49 for a small fry is a shocker though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the info, but no thanks. I prefer real food, and McDonalds is not it.
I can't remember the last time I was even at McDonald's but I thought some people would be interested in the free fries.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember the last time I was even at McDonald's but I thought some people would be interested in the free fries.
Not us vegetarians. The only time I go to McDonalds is when I have to use their restrooms. Today Wendi's, Burger King and Arbies are giving away fries. They want to change the date so it always falls on a Friday. (Fry day). McDonalds is only hurting themselves by not serving anything for vegetarians.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I used to go to McDonalds occasionally for the salads. They discontinued them during Covid. I do like the breakfast burritos but don't get them very often. I'm trying to lose weight so they are on my no list.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think McDonalds hits the nostalgia button for me. They remind me of treat lunches at my grandparents back when the restaurants had big yellow arches. I don’t want it often; but sometimes its ok to enjoy a less healthy meal. My kids prefer other places if I’m treating them to a burger; but sometimes my mom or I will grab a Happy Meal because the portions are smaller but you still get that cheeseburger and fries. Its a lot easier to avoid binging on those less nutritious meals when you can enjoy a bit now and then without feeling morally inferior or something. Its been good to enjoy and move on.