Napoleons on his way over the bridge

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, there are so many here who share your grief with you on this tragic loss of Napoleon. And as Tanya said so eloquently, it was because of you that Wellington and Napoleon had any chance at life, let alone being happy and loved. You took them both in, the scrawny and scared "grey" kittens, and showed them a life they never could have had on the mean streets. You did bring him to his French paradise. His time there was just too short.

Rest peacefully, Napoleon. Play happily at the Bridge. And don't stop having those conversations with your Mum, she can still hear you with her heart.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, I have no words for you. I'm am so sorry that you had to loose your baby Napoleon. We're here for you....

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, Jenny - your poor boy! this was the 2nd update i read today that had this ending. sweet Napoleon - rest in peace, playing happily over the bridge [look for Mouse!]. i agree with the others - you didn't betray them - you cared for them & they have a wonderful home with you.
to you & your kits during this time. tell them what happened to Napoleon - they'll be wondering where he is. Pixel stopped looking for Mouse after i told her. i think they understand more than we know.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny....my heart aches for you and your tragic loss.
It was through grace that he was brought into your life along with his brother and it is with grace that he now lives at the Bridge. He was such a beautiful, beautiful beloved boy and I am so, so sorry for your tremendous loss. I'm so glad Wellington got to give Napoleon such a heartfelt goodbye; may you comfort each other in your shared loss. RIP safely and happily at the Bridge, sweet Napoleon

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Jenny, tears are being shed around the world today for your sweet boy Napoleon. Please never, never think that you let him down. You gave him and his brother a second chance at life.

My heart is with you

RIP Napoleon

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say that I went to bed crying last night when I saw this posted in the other thread, and then to come here this morning has not helped I am a terrible cry baby and this broke my Heart,
Like I said Jenny you did nothing but take wonderful care of Napoleon and the rest of your furbabies.
Rest in Peace Dear Sweet Boy
And help your Mommy feel better soon as her Heart has been broken as have many others here

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reason flies out of the window at times like this. The most trusting cat in the world, who loved everything and everybody, met up with the most disgusting evil, and suffered a horrific death, and I could not save him from it. And I brought him to the place where it happened.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is NOT your fault!!! Please, PLEASE don't do that to yourself - I'm sure he wouldn't blame you - you did everything you could for him!!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny there is no way to try and justify why this happened none at all
I know what it feels like but I have no idea how you must be feeling,.
I don't like it when people say there's a reason for everything I do not beleive that. You will deal with it the way you need to and everyone deals so differently.
There's only one thing I do know and there is no good way to make someone else feel it, is that when you are ready for that pain to ease it will, and you will still be standing down the road, I don't think time really heals much it's the way you let it heal. You are entitled to feel this way untill you can stop hurting somewhat and I know today and next week and for however long you feel it is the way it needs to be for you.
The Pain is great the loss is worse no one can tell you how long to hurt, Oh how I wish that it didn't make your Heart ache but it does.
Everyone here feels your hurt but not like you, because we Loved him also through you. Please take care of yourself and I will be thinking of you and hopeing day by day that it is getting better.. Bless you !!! You know that were all here for you

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no Jenny That is so sad. RIP Napolean. You are in a better place and you will be mised by your meowmie!

ETA: Don't feel guilty for bringing him the place he passed. You did what was best for sweet Napolean. You arer not to blame for his death. We all know on this site that you only wanted him to have a chance at a long happy life!!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sobbing headbuts and tearful licks from KittenKiya's Clan. We are so very, very sorry.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, don't do this to yourself. You could not know this would happen to your boy. Life is full of risks, and he got unlucky. But not before he got VERY lucky, in finding you -- and in so doing, finding a happy, loving home. Jenny, please be gentle with yourself. You have done only good for this sweet boy -- he knows it and is watching over you -- he will be sad if he sees you beating on yourself.

RIP Sweet Napoleon

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, my heart is breaking for you over the loss of your sweet, beautiful boy. Please don't blame yourself. You gave Napoleon and Wellington a second chance and so much love. That's what important. My thoughts and prayers are with you. RIP Napoleon, play happily and watch over your mom with love.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny, I am so sorry. I was heartbroken to see this thread.

May that sweetheart Napoleon rest in peace and be free of pain.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny,
You are in my thoughts and prayers today. I grieve you loss, and want to do something for you to make the pain go away. You have one of the kindest hearts and gentlest souls when it comes to cats, and all who have met you know that. I know there is nothing that I can say to make this better, but I know that Napoleon and my Hobbes are playing together. One day you will see him again, of this I am sure.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to say at times like these, so just remember this is not your fault, and many people around the globe loved Napoleon and are praying for him.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Napoleon. Hopefully, he and my sweet Sophie can cross the Bridge side by side. My very deepest condolences.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry you lost Napoleon. He was a beautiful cat. I lost Max last year to sudden kidney failure. We never knew what happened to cause it. It is hard to lose one of our beloved cats, and it is so tragic when it is without warning. Hugs to you. I pray your memories will bring you peace. Don't let yourself feel guilty. You loved him and gave him a wonderful life. God bless.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny, I'm terribly sorry to hear of this. My prayers are being sent to you at this difficult time

RIP Napoleon