Napoleons on his way over the bridge

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Late this morning we were all having a cuddle on my bed and Ellie took Wellington and licked his head and shoulders thoroughly for about 20 minutes. It was exactly what he needed - the interaction with another cat. Then he was able to sleep for an hour, tucked between Ellie and Persil, which I was very pleased about. They do seem to know he is in trouble. Tonight I am cooking a chicken for all of us to share, as it is their favourite food and will be a treat to get their minds off things. Whether I will be able to eat or not I don't know yet, I have only had some soup since Tuesday.
Isn't that the sweetest thing
Bless little Ellies heart to comfort her stepbrother

And Jenny, you make sure you eat tonight with the kitts!. They need you just as much now and you'll be no good if you don't start eating

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny you are taking wonderful care of them, as Lei said. They are so lucky to have you
You have to take care of yourself though too. You're recovering from that nasty infection and you need to keep up your strength. I know it's easier said than done, but try and get a little bit of food into your system. A tiny bit would be better than none at all

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wise and kind Ellie. I agree with everyone, you need to be sure to take good care of yourself, so much stress, the infected bites...not a good time to not feed your body.

I wish one of us was close enough to come over and give you a hug, and to bring you a meal to share.

Virtual will have to do

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Wise and kind Ellie. I agree with everyone, you need to be sure to take good care of yourself, so much stress, the infected bites...not a good time to not feed your body.

I wish one of us was close enough to come over and give you a hug, and to bring you a meal to share.

Virtual will have to do
Well said, Pat.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Jenny! Poor sweet Napoleon, (original) Smudge's twin. I lost him about a year ago. Maybe he's welcomed Napoleon across the bridge and they finally got to meet. Super duper hugs to you and to Wellington and the rest. Give them all a hug from us.

I'm sorry this is late. I composed a post yesterday that apparently didn't make it into the thread..

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, I am shocked! I haven't been on much in the last few days, so I missed the first thread altogether, and only just saw this one when I noticed your sig

How well I remember when you got Napoleon and Wellington. They were so bedraggled and so dirty you thought they were gray with gray spots. I clearly remember the picture of them huddled together...they were so thin they didn't even look real. You took them in and they became the happy loving boys you know so well. I'm in tears right now thinking of how much pain you and your little family must be in now, especially you and Wellington
Guilt and anger are always a part of it, but I hope you know, underneath all the hurt, that you are blameless. All you did was find a new home for yourself and the kitties, and you're going to find happiness there yet

Play happily Napoleon

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am deeply sorry for your loss! Poor sweet Napoleon. He was still just a baby...but he is in a good place now, with other TCS kitties.

Please do heed the advice and take care of your body so your soul can begin to recover. Virtual hugs to you and all the kitties, especially Wellington.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny is obviously finding it hard to come to terms with Napoleons death

She sent me this pm which she asked me to share with you all, but i told her you would all understand
Jenny know that were all here for you at anytime of the day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel bad because I have not responded to others on the Bridge thread. I don't often visit it because it upsets me, but if anything I have learned this week how much comfort it gives people to have others give their support.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Jenny is obviously finding it hard to come to terms with Napoleons death

She sent me this pm which she asked me to share with you all, but i told her you would all understand
Jenny know that were all here for you at anytime of the day

I feel bad because I have not responded to others on the Bridge thread. I don't often visit it because it upsets me, but if anything I have learned this week how much comfort it gives people to have others give their support.

I absolutely totally understand. I felt the same way, and I saved all the pms and the thread when Smudge 1 died. That's one reason I don't tend to hang out here a lot, but when you have been through it yourself, you know it's important to be there for others. I hope our prayers help...

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny, I don't hang out here much...it's too painful. I hope my guys will find yours over the bridge and cause absolute chaos!!!

It's hard, I know and I just keep saying that I tried and I know I loved and was loved in return...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, we are here for you whenever you need us.
No response is necessary....
we understand.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes we do understand, you do need to take care of yourself, there's furbabies counting on you, and we know when your ready you will come back to these forums
to you and all the babies. I hope that you are feeling ever so slightly better .. I know it's never easy

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, I'm at a loss for words. My heart aches for you and Wellington. I've got tears streaming down my face and my heart goes out to you and your fur family!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss. In the short time that I have been a member of this site I have enjoyed reading about your adventures in moving to France and about your sweet kits.

Napoleon had a wonderful life that would not have been possible if not for you love and kindness.

Please accept my consonances.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh sweet Jenny, Napoleon had the BEST home
and the BEST love
and because of this, he will be with you always. You have lost him in this realm, but please have faith that he'll make his presence known and bring you great comfort. Napoleon was a huge presence in your life and that will come full circle - just in a different form. It will my dear, you'll see. I have no doubt he is up there with my Sasha...
.and having a very noble conversation at that.
Peace and love be with you.
Good light all around you ~

Elizabeth & Eric
Saba, Sammy, and Sandy

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to say, but I'm so very sorry. Your precious boy did not deserve this fate, but he's now okay and no one can ever hurt him again. Napoleon will now live happily ever after at the rainbow bridge where there are nothing but happy days. Rest in peace precious Napoleon.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only now caught up with this thread and learned what happened to Napoleon. I am so sorry or your loss. You did everything you could to give Napoleon and all your kits the best possible home. I'm sure Napoleon knew that. Take care of yourself so that you can take care of the kitties, especially Wellington.
Here are hugs from me and my kitties.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone again. We are all slowly working through things and by being here for each other we are winning. But TCS is the best - could not have survived without you all.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny I'm so sorry that you've lost one of your little boys... I say a little prayer for him, the only bits I can remember in his mother language.

Oce Nas, koji jesi na Nebesima
Sveti se ime Tvoje, Dodji Kraljevstvo Tvoje, budi volja Tvoja.
Kako na nebu, tako i na zemlji.

U ime Oca, i Sina, i Duha Svetoga, amen.

Poor guy- I'm sorry I missed him leaving. I hope all is well with you.