Name three things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Run some errands: Target, the mall, BB & B

Get thru Friday (and I'm serious. I know, I had two days of vacation this week....it's still a long work week)

Laundry (Rick has off work today, so he'll probably get most of it done)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I've got through Friday! 
  Long week for me too, and that was despite having had 2 days holiday as well.

Did the recycling.

Walked a couple of miles through a park to get to and from the office I was in today: nice chill out time.

Did a load of laundry when I got home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Walked
Kohls with my 30% off coupon
Picked up a custom made item for my SS recipient ;).

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did ironing, cleaned toilets and bathroom sinks, bought myself a new ivory color area shag rug for the bedroom. I love to walk barefoot on shag carpet.:nod:Oh, fourth thing is we went to dinner at a local restaurant where our granddaughter is a waitress. Love the food and seeing her.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A quick vacuum around the living room and kitchen this morning (waiting for dear Richard to get out of bed 
)

Need to go to the recycling center...our bins are overflowing

Going to start working in the garden today

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We managed to get quite a bit accomplished outside over the weekend. I'm hoping we can finish up within the next couple of weeks, or at least before it gets too cold to be working outside. Rick got the daylilies, the ferns, peonies, and the hosta down to the ground and dug all the cannas up and got them in their storage containers in the basement. My sister had given us a bunch of cannas and elephant ears several years ago and cannas just love to reproduce....we're ending up with a ton of those things and we need to figure out where else to plant them. We need to finish the front flower bed and the main flower bed in the back yard and that should do it for the year. I did manage to get the yard mowed yesterday, too.

Anyway....

Get through Monday (I really hate Mondays lately 
 and Tuesdays and any other day that I'm stuck in the office)

Grocery night and the store is having quite a few Buy One Get One deals this week, so I can stock up a bit in the pantry and in the meat freezer (Our store sent out several coupons, including one that is $10 off a grocery order of $100 or more, so that will help.)

Try to stay awake long enough to watch Bones and Sleepy Hollow tonight.....I might make it through Bones anyway (Rick watched a showing of Sleepy Hollow over the weekend, when FOX rebroadcast the show; he said it was rather interesting. I like it.)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We worked outside all weekend too, Pam. I clipped back a lot. I've got 6 trash barrels full of yard waste and I could have easily kept going. Aaron scraped, sanded and painted all weekend.

So many errands today!

Exchange a sweater for Aaron at Kohls
Bring my brother's computer back to his house
Pick up a prescription at CVS

That's just a very few.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
A friend just gave me a huge bromiliad so some gardening is inorder today

do my computer 'brain training' games... heaven knows I need them!

doing my Sanskrit with a friend this afternoon

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Karen, I think outside work should be considered a form of exercise.....it's a lot of hard work. You guys did great over the weekend!

Once we get the flower beds down for the winter, I think we'll be ready to burn. We usually burn our yard brush because it's all weeds and spent plants. And sometimes the best way to get rid of the gardening plants is by burning, especially plants that may be diseased. We can burn here, although we only burn yard waste and that's only twice a year. We don't burn paper and trash. Still haven't had a drop of rain, so we'll have the garden hoses in our hands while burning.

Mani, where did you put your bromiliad...don't they love to grow on trees?

Tonight:

Scoop the litter boxes (I didn't get it done this morning at all, so I have to do a really, really good job tonight)

Vacuum the living room and kitchen

Look for some pictures....can't find them on the computer, so they might be on CDs (that should be interesting!!)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

Mani, where did you put your bromiliad...don't they love to grow on trees?
Some grow on trees, some in the soil.  Some like full sun, some none.  There are so many types.  I have a garden full of them as they require really limited soil and nutrients, and my soil is really sandy.  I have a big block so I build up some beds with rich soil and put natives and things like broms everywhere else.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eeeeew much to much information
What on earth is face palm. Something new since I left England in 1968.
Went to get my meds
Had something to eat
Went to the supermarket.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We can only burn here January - April. We do have a wooded are behind our shed where we used dump everything, but the pile is so big now it's like a fire hazard itself! We've been trying to limit what we put back there and try to put a lot of it out for collection. We do have some things already put aside to burn in January.

Let's see what have I done today....

Walked
Laundry
Straightening and packing.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Walk over to the farmers market today over lunch for mushrooms and garlic (and whatever else trips my trigger) - I'm trying to map something out that will give me a 3-mile walk round-trip; if I go straight over and back, it's probably about two miles,so I need to get in enough distance to give me my 3 miles.

Trash night tonight, so clean out the litter boxes

A load of white laundry

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Walked
finishing up packing
finishing up things that need to be done around the house.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I really like our market. We have two now; one is only for organic items and those items that are made with organic ingredients. It's really expensive, so while I do go there, I don't go there that often.

The other market has been in existence from way before I was even born; it's really old. It's a little on the expensive side, too, but it's always really busy and full of people. A lot of people will go there for lunch as there's a stand with the best hot sausage sandwiches on earth and another stand with awesome French fries. Lots of Amish selling baked goods, although I hardly ever buy from them. Sometimes, if Rick comes along with me, he'll grab something, but not often. I like to go for things like mushrooms and garlic, onions sometimes, things like that. Some of the squash is just gorgeous. I get my instant yeast from a stand at the market, too. It's an interesting place. And since it's fairly close, maybe a mile or so away, I can walk there and back over my lunch break at work. I don't like to drive there because the traffic is just ridiculous on market day and it's all you can do to find a parking space. 

Three things:

Early dinner as dear Richard is bowling tonight

A quick vacuum about the house

Once Rick has left to bowl, I'm taking some "me" time: hair conditioning, manicure, a glass of wine, and some music (I haven't done a good manicure in about 3 weeks) 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hit the butcher shop over lunch today for the beef brisket for Sunday's dinner. And hit the coffee shop for some new k-cups

Run down to the vet tonight for dry dental food for Mollipop....she really likes the larger kibble

Lowes for water softener salt and a ton of other errands

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mailed 2 money orders for bills

meat shop - got hamburger,bacon, and ribs

cleaned and waited for the cable guy who didn't show up. He got held up at another job.

Status
Not open for further replies.