Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have one thing on the roster for today, which is to go to Pacific Mall ("the Asian mall"). Gonna get me a tasty bento box and some groceries.. and a cute teapot. I've been wanting a teapot for months!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Run some errands this morning; we didn't get them done last night as Rick wasn't feeling well (he's on some antibiotics right now that are making him a little funky). So Target, WalMart to look at those orthotics (or whatever you call them), banking, etc. We were supposed to pick up the rototiller this morning but Rick cancelled it as we are to get rain. And, of course, right now the sun is shining. Hopefully next weekend.

I'm (finally!) taking off the flannel sheets from the bed and will put on regular linen sheets. I'm taking off the electric blanket, too. Enough is enough, even for me. We had all the windows in the house open last night and it felt so good to have fresh air. The cats love being in the windows, too.

Must decide on a new color for our front door. We have a steel door and it's a basic grey. We've been painting it dark red now for years and I'm ready for a change. It gets very hot as the house faces due south and so paint doesn't last long. The door actually gets downright hot.  It needs a good scraping and then another coat. Rick asked me what I wanted. Our house siding is blue and I'm thinking of a dark blue door with trim having a fresh coat of white. We'll see if we can find the color I want (we use Rustoleum on the door and, while they have a good selection of color, I have a hard time deciding on shades.)

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Work

Did a small food shop on the walk home from work

Made almond milk using recipe from @pinkdagger  which has worked great - thank you.

Yay, glad to hear it!

Today I need to

- clean the bird cages

- bake some cookies to bring home

- head home for the weekend for Mother's Day, and my mom's birthday was two days ago too

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Work on some laundry this morning; there's not too much, but it tends to multiply quickly

Work outside for a while (wash both the Tucson and the Cruiser, which are both covered in pollen right now), do a bit of weeding. We have a pile of brush that needs burning and I'm hoping Rick can get to that today. I also want to bring out some items from the basement that I keep on our front stoop outside, a large planter, my milking can. We have a gazing ball that goes into the front flowerbed, close to Rupert (the gargoyle).

Brush the front door with a steel brush to get it ready for priming. We decided on a dark blue paint for the door. Since the door has to come off, we won't be able to actually paint it until next weekend.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vacuumed the whole apartment other than the room I let out.

Stripped my bed right down and bedding laundered.

Got out a cook book and prepared a fruit loaf mix - now in the oven and smelling good. Just hoping I don't burn it which I seem to remember doing the last time I made this recipe.
Set an alarm.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Set an alarm.
   sadly it is more due to the dodgy recipe than me forgetting about the fruit loaf....   the recipe says cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours in a hot oven in my book, but I am coming to the conclusion that it would be better cooked in a medium oven for an hour.  The 3 times I have tried making it it has burned on the top.  Shame as I remember it tasting amazing when I was a child.  Admitedly the first time I made it I found out my oven thermostat had gone and the thing was like a carbon brick after 30 mintutes! 
     I have a really sensitive and loud smoke detector here that is wired in so can't be turned off by anyone and no chance of anything getting more than a slight singe here these days without that thing making sure you know about it!

Today I need to: 

Do some laundry

Hoover the apartment

Play with Mouse 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick's union is voting on their contract and he had to man the ballot boxes this morning, so he had to be to work early. I got up with them, so we're both going to be too pooped to pip tonight.
  • I have a Planning Commission meeting tonight and have to show pictures of the site visits I did last week while I'm talking. Kind of like a presentation. I can do this, but.....ick. I hate doing these things. And I have two of them tonight. I won't get home early.
  • Grab some groceries tonight once I get home from work.
  • Scoop the boxes
And til we're done with it all, I'll be ready to hit the bed with my Nook!

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Walking to some classmates' apartment (an hour and a half away, ugh.. but I can save on bus fare, lol) to discuss a project we might get started on

- Hopefully receiving info from a teacher about a summer work-at-home internship

- P90X!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to a doctor
Bought a frying pan and a muffin tin and as it was 1+1 a square bskj g
:sigh:    sadly it is more due to the dodgy recipe than me forgetting about the fruit loaf....   the recipe says cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours in a hot oven in my book, but I am coming to the conclusion that it would be better cooked in a medium oven for an hour.  The 3 times I have tried making it it has burned on the top.  Shame as I remember it tasting amazing when I was a child.  Admitedly the first time I made it I found out my oven thermostat had gone and the thing was like a carbon brick after 30 mintutes! :lol3:      I have a really sensitive and loud smoke detector here that is wired in so can't be turned off by anyone and no chance of anything getting more than a slight singe here these days without that thing making sure you know about it!

Today I need to: 
Do some laundry
Hoover the apartment
Play with Mouse 
Before the top burns you cover it with silver foil. You nsy have a hot oven. Do it for less time but check properly it's done inside if you plan on doing it for only an hour.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clean litter boxes

Paint one room, already taped

Wash and wax truck

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brush the front door with a steel brush to get it ready for priming. We decided on a dark blue paint for the door. Since the door has to come off, we won't be able to actually paint it until next weekend.

Paint one room, already taped
I quoted both of you because I TOO am doing some painting. The third bedroom and have it taped off and prepped. I also painted our front door last summer. Pam - the color sounds perfect to go with the house. In our Illinois home - we had a dark blue and white trim house. I painted the front door a dark cranberry color. Wow - did it look great. HAPPY PAINTING !!!

1. Prepped bedroom for painting - a sky blue color with the back wall a very pale green. My house colors are pale blue and a jade/pale green. Very pretty together
2. Health club - pilates class.
3. Catch up on computer stuff ! :hi:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my mil in law shop for the morning.

Exercising

Vacuum. I vacuumed half the house last night I want to finish it off. The cats don't seem to be shedding quite as much, there were black hairs everywhere.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Today I need to:

Do the laundry I didn't get round to yesterday (forgot I was meeting a friend for coffee 
 )

Sort out my car service and MOT coz I just got a reminder.

Scoop the poop and then take the rubbish and recycling out.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I quoted both of you because I TOO am doing some painting. The third bedroom and have it taped off and prepped. I also painted our front door last summer. Pam - the color sounds perfect to go with the house. In our Illinois home - we had a dark blue and white trim house. I painted the front door a dark cranberry color. Wow - did it look great. HAPPY PAINTING !!!

1. Prepped bedroom for painting - a sky blue color with the back wall a very pale green. My house colors are pale blue and a jade/pale green. Very pretty together
2. Health club - pilates class.
3. Catch up on computer stuff !
Our door is currently (or was currently) a really neat cranberry color (I love that color!), but because we have a southern exposure, that red paint fades rather quickly. It now looks like a sick purply color....not pretty at all. And it's peeling. Since our house has lighter blue siding, I thought a dark blue would make a nice change, although I don't know what the color will fade into after the summer. (I'd like to get matching paint for the shutters, too, but we'll see how well the door looks before changing them.) Our trim is white and it needs to be repainted as well. I am working on a home maintenance list of things I'd like to see get done this summer, nothing overly expensive, but little things to look nicer. I bet your door did pop with that cranberry.....I really do love that color. Sounds like your bedroom is going to be gorgeous, too!

After work today, 
  • We need to pick the tires up from the garage (and I'm really hoping that Rick will be able to get some mowing done in our jungle before the rain hits)
  • My BIL is coming over to help me install that parallel port adapter into the computer; I hope that will let me use my old printer again. Rick and I can continue to share my printer, I guess, too, but I'd like to get the older printer running again. I hate the thought of junking something simply because it doesn't "fit" anymore; this is a nice printer and it would be such a waste. And I hate the thought of spending money on a new printer for the other computer, if I don't have to. (A big thank you to @oneandahalfcats  for the parallel adapter link!) My BIL comes over to help me with computer stuff, but he doesn't do the work. I do. He just kind of sits there to make sure I don't mess something up to the point of no return. That way, I learn how to do things. I'm getting better at computer stuff, but I still have a long way to go. Bless his heart, he's always willing to help me out.
  • I'm making gluten-free blueberry muffins tonight, some for us, some for my sister and BIL, and some for work tomorrow. 

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Work in the yard (got the front yard finished, but back must be done)

Three loads of laundry

Clean out the litterboxes for trash night

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Three loads? Wow!

Pick up a package from the post office

Play around with a sculpting software

Photograph/scan yesterday's museum sketches

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. dropped my 14 year old cat Spotty for a dental cleaning at vet's, and now just waiting by phone, to get an update
  2. need to clean inside of car
  3. filling some forms for friend who asked me to (hard to say no...since I can make the time) ...plus it keeps my mind off the dental for Spotty

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Cat nap, how is Spotty since his cleaning? 

• My BIL is now coming in tonight to help me with that printer adapter card for the computer......he has been swamped at work and hasn't gotten home early yet this week. I told him to let it go, but he wants to do it tonight. I hope it works. And then I'll have to set it up for sharing (it always takes me a while to get computer stuff done; most people could zoom, zoom, zoom, and it's done. Not me).
  • Rick is going to finish mowing the back yard. We had the trash and litterboxes last night and he needed me to get some union stuff done for his meeting tonight, reports and financial stuff. The yard didn't get mowed last night. I'm hoping it doesn't rain tonight.
And I think that will be it for tonight.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Cat nap, how is Spotty since his cleaning? 

Thanks so much for asking...@Winchester and for the vibes.

Spotty is just back from the vet today, because they wanted him overnight for an I.V. drip. His kidneys showed mild elevation, but the vet said for his age (14 years) that it was okay.

Poor guy had six teeth removed, but the vet tech said he would be fine and to give soft foods, which he eats anyhow.

His mouth looks red and sore, but I really have not tried to take a better look.  Somehow he now has an underbite, and reminds me of Bruce Spingsteen.

I am just happy he is home, and that he made it through the procedure. 

He is actually purring, grooming and acting his usual self and even laying beside me on the bed, so he's not holding any grudges.

So my 3 things for today would be:
  1. keep an eye on Spotty
  2. read up on threads concerning cat's and dental
  3. take mom to eye appt. (just routine)

Status
Not open for further replies.