Purraise
- return some beads to the craft store

- buy a new window blind because the bathroom one broke this morning

- buy a birthday gift

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

1. [thread="270306"]Name Three Things 2014/600#post_3548208work on computer, tax and maintenance stuff[/thread]
Ugh, l'm so glad we have until the 5th this year, l completely forgot to send mine yesterday. Maybe because l owe this year 

- Send tax return

- Buy salmon, l'm craving salmon

- Finish the last reordering and cleaning of the kitchen
I always wait last minute....as though it will change the outcome. 
And then every year I say to myself, must send it off earlier.  My sister (41) and I'm (44)...always does her's early, but for some reason, she did not this year.....I guess she owes, too. 

Haha, I actually had a family friend post this to Facebook the other day

"Extending tax deadline really screws up accounting firms as some clients take advantage of this and leave their taxes until the last minute. It is human nature to use the extra time if you give it to them. For those of you who haven't completed your taxes, please don't leave it until May 5. Have some consideration for your accountant!!!!! Husband - I hope you are increasing your fees after today to cover the extra staff cost and missed vacations!"

My aunt is a corporate accountant so fortunately she doesn't have as much crap to deal with, with the extension! I didn't even realize there was an extension until I saw that post, but my family always sends our taxes in as soon as we have all the forms available to fill everything out. Since I don't have much to claim, my forms are the bare minimum. Mine, fortunately, take such a short time to do but I may be doing them online for my family in the future anyway.
Yes, when you have all your receipts and papers, before hand, it does really go quick.....but still I wait.  Such a bad habit. 

The best thing about getting them out of the way, is the feeling that winter is gone...as well as the taxes for last year, too.

3 things today,
  1. cleaned out part of garage
  2.  played with dog and neighbour's dog (cat was inside napping) 
  3. craving salmon now, too, but only have basa fillet fish

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.  Go for a short run this morning.

2.  Clean the house up some (got a lot done!).

3.  Find out why GA is taking their sweet time paying refunds.  They accepted my e-return 2-1-14.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Made poutine (delicious! but with mushroom gravy, since my boyfriend is vegetarian :()

- Researched a bunch of brands higher protein food to start feeding our cats since our vet called with blood test results

- Might play The Sims 3 - I haven't played in months!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Helped out in my MIL shop this morning.

Had a lovely nap after lunch.

Did some tidying up, went to the supermarket and made a yummy dinner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Get through my Monday here at work.

Grab a few groceries tonight....must keep the kids from starving.

A quick vacuum about the house.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Another trip to the Royal Ontario Museum!

- Dinner with a classmate.. hoping the fish and chip place I found is still open and makes good food! Been craving fish and chips for weeks now, and a vegetarian boyfriend is difficult to persuade to go to a fish and chip place. ;)

- Free life drawing at an art gallery tonight. My first time, so I hope it's worth the hour and a half transit trip.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Had a doctor appt this morning

Banking.....we left for vacation last Thursday, so didn't deposit our paychecks or do any banking yet. Will take care of that tonight after work. (We forgot to do it yesterday)

My BIL's birthday is today, so I'm baking him a blueberry buckle tonight. Til he gets off work and stops by the house on his way home, it should just be getting out of the oven. He loves blueberry buckle.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to a doctor's apt this morning, then to lab for bloodwork (wasn't expecting that).

Laundry - 1/4 done

business newsletter

personal blog

and yes, I'll stop before this turns into the Name 10 things - 2014..lol.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have to do two site investigations today....one is where the owner has been filling in wetlands and erecting structures in the floodplain. The other is where the owner has started some kind of a wood pellet business. I've seen pictures of both of these sites and they're not pretty. I'm not looking forward to today at all. Things like this can get ugly quickly.

Tonight is trash night, so we're cleaning out the litterboxes.

Amber Louise puked up her breakfast this morning on the blanket on the back of the sofa. I have to throw the blanket into the laundry tonight, so I'll just do a load of cat stuff.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Vacuumed the whole apartment other than the room I let out.

Stripped my bed right down and bedding laundered.

Got out a cook book and prepared a fruit loaf mix - now in the oven and smelling good. Just hoping I don't burn it which I seem to remember doing the last time I made this recipe.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catch up on laundry

weed around the butterfly bush

plant tomatos (3 kinds) and peppers (2 kinds)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amber Louise puked up her breakfast this morning on the blanket on the back of the sofa. I have to throw the blanket into the laundry tonight, so I'll just do a load of cat stuff.
Been there! I go around looking through the house gathering up pet beds and blankets to make the load more full for the washer. Hope Amber Louise is feeling alright!

------------------------

1. Vacuumed the house and cleaned the bathrooms. It was a bit overdue. :lol2:
2. Scrubbed litter boxes and groomed cats. A bit overdue too. :lol3:
3. Errands after all of that. Target to make a return, Petsmart for food, Grocery store, and Post Office. BUSY DAY !!!!!!

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Took my Tweety bird to the vet for another abdominocentesis. First thing she did when we got home was wash off all that manhandling in the water fountain!

- Draw. Always draw. ~_~ Maybe swing by the bank too.

- P90X!

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Work

Wandered in to a couple of charity shops on my walk home from work but resisted buying anything.

Did a load of laundry but still got to hang it up...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Been there! I go around looking through the house gathering up pet beds and blankets to make the load more full for the washer. Hope Amber Louise is feeling alright!
1. Vacuumed the house and cleaned the bathrooms. It was a bit overdue.

2. Scrubbed litter boxes and groomed cats. A bit overdue too.

3. Errands after all of that. Target to make a return, Petsmart for food, Grocery store, and Post Office. BUSY DAY !!!!!!
She's fine, thanks, Lauren. It's just something she does every so often.....usually in the most inopportune place. On blankets, on the carpet, in the basket, in bed. The little stinker anyway.

Once I started to feel better, I did some laundry this afternoon.

Vacuumed and dusted

Manicure tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mammogram and foot x-ray first thing this morning - done

Go to WalMart over lunch to check on Dr. Sholl orthotic-type supports for my walking shoes (just looking for right now, want to check on price, etc.) I'll go back tonight to buy them, if I think they'll help

Errands: banking, Target, Lowes, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.