Name my cat!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, but as a name has other meanings in other languages - I asked because the soy paste didn't seem a likely meaning behind Miso's name. I could be wrong of course! :lol:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was my first thought too, then I thought "Surely not!" but this could be cat logic ...

There are some lovely meanings in other languages. Bright smile, loyalty, all my tomorrows, to name just three.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome Miso! Which language is it from? (I was just looking up dictionaries and there were quite a few options, and meanings.)
It's funny actually. We are from the Netherlands and we have never had Miso as a food. We didn't look at the meaning of the name either oops. My girlfriend and I bonded over the game Stardew valley on our first date. In the game you get to adopt a cat or a dog, and the standard name for the cat if you don't change it is Miso! So we thought it was pretty cute. I should probably look up the different meanings though, hopefully it's nothing crazy! 😂

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the name meanings I've seen have been nice! Only negative thing I've seen is a Latin root for things like misogynist, but I doubt anyone would think of that seeing the name Miso!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
All the name meanings I've seen have been nice! Only negative thing I've seen is a Latin root for things like misogynist, but I doubt anyone would think of that seeing the name Miso!
Thankfully I don't think I know anyone who knows any latin!