Name my cat!

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
So this is our new 2 year old girl. We have few name ideas but aren't sure yet so we're not telling anyone names. But I do wonder... What do you guys think as a first instinct when you see her? Let me know!
PXL_20240203_125038338.jpg
PXL_20240203_180105390.MP.jpg

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I clicker trained my cat to come when called she is hard to find,especially in the dark

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Look at those green eyes! :hearthrob:
As for a name, for some reason Sylvia popped into my mind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure but Is this the same cat you posted about a few weeks ago who you thought had too much energy for your apartment?
This lovely lady is a black beauty and the first name I thought of for her is Charmaine because she is charming. :dancingblackcat:
It's not! We had to bring him back in hopes of finding a nice place where he could go outside. This is a new cat we came across when looking at people who were fostering cats. She was found in the forest with her 4 kittens, after the kittens got adopted out she took on another 2 kittens to care for. So now it's time for her to enjoy the princess life she deserves with all the attention she needs

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just weighed her, she is now a whopping 6.3 kg. She plays like she's a young agile cat though, so slowly losing weight won't be a problem for her. Maybe I'll make a weight loss journey thread at some point for who's interested!

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now that's funny - Lacey was Phoebe's shelter name!

I can never settle on cats' names until I've had them a little while, so can't help with your gorgeous girl, alysker alysker . Is she settling in?
She's settling in just fine! Meowed a bit last night when we went to bed and this morning when we didn't get up early enough in her opinion. But I waited untill she stopped meowing to come over because I don't want her thinking that's the way to get us to come. She is pretty cuddly and needy and she likes to play as well. Maybe it's the extra kilo's she's got but she's loudest purrer ever!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's settling in just fine! Meowed a bit last night when we went to bed and this morning when we didn't get up early enough in her opinion. But I waited untill she stopped meowing to come over because I don't want her thinking that's the way to get us to come. She is pretty cuddly and needy and she likes to play as well. Maybe it's the extra kilo's she's got but she's loudest purrer ever!
Wise move, not letting her think meow = compliant human! 😄
Have you any further thoughts on what name appeals?
ETA just belatedly saw how big she is - wow, she's a kilo more than Daisy! Is she a large-framed cat? From what little I can see of her in the pics, she doesn't look overweight.

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wise move, not letting her think meow = compliant human! 😄
Have you any further thoughts on what name appeals?
ETA just belatedly saw how big she is - wow, she's a kilo more than Daisy! Is she a large-framed cat? From what little I can see of her in the pics, she doesn't look overweight.
We are still thinking of names! She is a large cat but definitely not large enough to weigh this muchm de has quite the belly, I'll add another picture so you can see. If you look at her shoulders and hips you'd think she would be quite the slim cat. But when you get to the belly it's obvious that she needs to loose some weight there
IMG-20240203-WA0008.jpeg
PXL_20240203_120856108.jpg

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does look slim from the front!
I would have thought her belly was from having had kittens (and who knows how many litters she's had) plus the primordial pouch they all have, but that doesn't account for the weight, does it?

(She looks a lot slimmer than Daisy, who just doesn't lose weight despite her vet diet.)

Gorgeous girl.

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What about Luna or midnight or what about faith ? But anyway she’s a beautiful kitty cat . Reminds me of black cat I had when I was little . I named him Smokey didn’t even have a patch of white on him .

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
She does look slim from the front!
I would have thought her belly was from having had kittens (and who knows how many litters she's had) plus the primordial pouch they all have, but that doesn't account for the weight, does it?

(She looks a lot slimmer than Daisy, who just doesn't lose weight despite her vet diet.)

Gorgeous girl.
That's what I thought when I saw pictures for the first time! I said to my girlfriend she must still have some pregnancy weight, but she had them around september somewhere probably so that would add up. And it's not just skin it's all fat and weight. We'll never know how it got to this point but we'll be sure to take good care of her