Mystery solved!!!!!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Exactly!!!

She will have such a sweet look on her face until I get my phone for a picture...then I get "THE LOOK"

I can't even sneak up on her. She could be the new grumpy cat!!! LOL 
Too cute to be the new Grumpy Cat I fear - with that love heart bib of hers I think Zander is set for far greater things.  

Even if she does hate having her photo taken, Zander can't help but be gorgeous with that strong spirit of hers shining through every expression she shows us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Miss Zander is getting mellow in her older age! She's also gotten *whispers* f.a.t.

She is doing great. She puts up with all of my fosters, well she stays away from them. She has gotten use to cats coming and going that she just don't really pay attention anymore.

As far as her getting mellow. Now every night when I get home from work, she will come and sit on my lap for about 30 minutes. Just a short period but that has become one of our rituals and I am loving it. I think she does too but she won't admit it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh My!! Is this the same poor little itty bitty kitten we grew to know and love??? 

She has become a beautiful young woman/kitty....

so Sweet...

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Isn't Miss Zander a pretty young fur-babe.  
   All that snuggling and chilled-out-ness suits her, she looks even more pretty than ever.  

As for her kitty-figure:  I'd dedscribe her as furry, and filling out nicely as she grows in to a fine young adult cat.  
    (And if compared to Mouse I can safely say she is looking lean and neat, just as a young woman should be - who wants skinny?! 
 )      How can you say half an hour lap time is a 'short period'?  
    What does that make the 2 to 5 minute head butt demands I get from Mouse?  
     (Please don't answer that question, it is far to depressing to think about).  

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Isn't Miss Zander a pretty young fur-babe.  
   All that snuggling and chilled-out-ness suits her, she looks even more pretty than ever.  

As for her kitty-figure:  I'd dedscribe her as furry, and filling out nicely as she grows in to a fine young adult cat.  
    (And if compared to Mouse I can safely say she is looking lean and neat, just as a young woman should be - who wants skinny?! 
 )      How can you say half an hour lap time is a 'short period'?  
    What does that make the 2 to 5 minute head butt demands I get from Mouse?  
     (Please don't answer that question, it is far to depressing to think about).  
She looks fantastic! 

Her kitty figure looks pretty normal to me also. Sophie's coat is in full bloom right now so she looks downright portly! Last night I told her that her butt DOES look big in that coat! 
 It's so hard to tell how small she is when her coat comes in like that.  She was not amused and told me off. I deserved it. She's always scolding me for something! She never bosses Lily or Henry around. Lily wouldn't have it so I get it! This is life with divas though. 

Mouse will always be gorgeous! 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
She's a good looking kitty cat. No that's not fat. It's well filled out. And that expression is priceless. Cherish the laptime. Wish the Bee Kitty would hang around on my lap more often. She doesn't come to hang out unless we shut the heat off and it's the middle of the night otherwise she prefers to sleep in her cave.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Miss Zander is just STUNNING :love: So lovely that you get lap snuggles every night now too :9: I agree with the others - she's not fat, just growing up :D

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I love her sweet face.  She has grown so much!  That sweet baby face is just precious!  So glad you shared the pics!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

She looks fantastic! 

Her kitty figure looks pretty normal to me also. Sophie's coat is in full bloom right now so she looks downright portly! Last night I told her that her butt DOES look big in that coat! 
 It's so hard to tell how small she is when her coat comes in like that.  She was not amused and told me off. I deserved it. She's always scolding me for something! She never bosses Lily or Henry around. Lily wouldn't have it so I get it! This is life with divas though. 

Mouse will always be gorgeous! 

Loving that 'butt does look big in that coat' expression.  
    I'd like to tell myself that it's just Mouse's fur coat that's making him look tubby, but I know it's beyond that of late (poor guy, back on his diet).  It doesn't help when his fur always sticks straight out from his skin rather than lay flat though.  

I think it is always harder keeping indoor cats trim as they mature and learn that the secret to successful hunting is laying in wait for hours rather than dashing about like a whirl wind 23 hours a day.  It's even a bit more challenging when they get outside, but not quite so much as they have to spend all that energy defending their territory.   

I still think young Zander looks incredibly like Anubis in her expressions sometimes - esp in the first picture of the recent update.  
    I think they may be soul-mates.  Adorable soul- mates.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Loving that 'butt does look big in that coat' expression.  
    I'd like to tell myself that it's just Mouse's fur coat that's making him look tubby, but I know it's beyond that of late (poor guy, back on his diet).  It doesn't help when his fur always sticks straight out from his skin rather than lay flat though.  
 She's looking like a little lion girl these days and she thinks she's one too. She's sassier than ever with me. 

Thankfully , she's also letting me groom her more and I've been getting rid of a lot of the undercoat. She'll be back to her normal self soon. She doesn't need an undercoat  in Florida. It's 86 degrees here today! 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zander demands attention as soon as I walk in the house. She's on the bar (that happens to be right in front of the door) and starts grabbing at me and meowing until I give her a hug. She still amazes me everyday. I do so enjoy our lap time. It's the best part of my day.

Thanks everyone. I will be sure to pass on your praises to her, I know she will love them.... and of course expect more.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Zander demands attention as soon as I walk in the house. She's on the bar (that happens to be right in front of the door) and starts grabbing at me and meowing until I give her a hug. She still amazes me everyday. I do so enjoy our lap time. It's the best part of my day.

Thanks everyone. I will be sure to pass on your praises to her, I know she will love them.... and of course expect more.
Well, of course she'll expect more.  After all, she's a cat.  Therefore, by definition, she's perfect, right?  Unlike us mere humans...

Margret

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Cutie?  
    Pest more like - imagine that, hiding out and hunting down her humans.  
    How could she - Oh, yeh, she's a cat.  

Look at how gorgeous she is, even when she's hunting.  
 Yeah. don't you just love that "I'm so innocent" look on her face?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah. don't you just love that "I'm so innocent" look on her face?

You think that's an innocent expression on Zander's face there?  
      Looks to me more like butter would fry and burn if you put it within a foot of her pretty little face.   Zander has the same 'slanty-eye'd' full on mischief look that Mouse has - it makes your heart melt but oh boy, you know it means major mischief.  

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
I have nothing but love for that face!  Ahhhh.....just want to smooch her!!!
  I needed to see those pics this morning, made me smile!!!