My sweet girl is leaving me soon...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephanie junca

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We'rre doing ok. Paprika ate a lot of food today surprisingly... but she did poo on the futon again [emoji]128533[/emoji].

She seems in better spirits today oddly enough. So, I'' just going to take to easy with her this weekend. I have cancelled plans with friends and am just staying home with her because yah never know.

Thanks for checking in [emoji]128522[/emoji]

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch.

All I can say. At least you have some warning. Better (maybe) than running off and not coming home.

Okay.

Could be worse.

<<<<<<<< HUGS >>>>>>>>>>>

rosiejones

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
​I am so sorry can really understand the time u had with your cat 16 years was unique and your girl was part of your life and your family. In are minds we wont to keep our cats as long as possible. Its so hard to make a decision to have your cat put down. Ive been there just over a week had to put my 20 year down she was poorly for a month the vet thinks she had a stroke I was nursing her as her back legs were buckeling. She went down hill very quick I felt in the end she had no quality of life and she was suffering. just over a week  ago she had a massive stroke it broke my heart to see her like . I knew in my heart she was going we rung the emergeny vet who came out. was so upset my hubby took her the vet said no medication will work now I think u should make the decision. I was heart broken never cryed so much. Like u said everytime we moved houses .. if you felt down she would butt me and paw me will never forget that she was so loving and like your cat unique. Sounds like your cat was suffering too its exremly hard to let go but in the long run they are no longer in pain. My vet told me I must of done something right with her being 20 and the same as your cat. Take one day at a time. They is a helpline called blue cross think who I contacted

stephanie junca

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been a while since I've been on here but Paprika is still with me. We were able to travel for the holidays too. The vet gave her the OK to go with my boyfriend and I to ny parents. She did really well. Seems as though treatment for her is making her feel good. I'm not sure how long this will last of course but hoping it does for a while longer. Thanks for checking in with me [emoji]128513[/emoji]

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so hard to always have "it" in the back of your mind, I watch my Burt get skinnier by the day and still try to play and it makes me cry. I truly pray that both our little ones go peacefully in their sleep, knowing they are so loved and wanted and near the ones they love the most.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
stephanie junca stephanie junca

I am happy that you got to spend the holidays with your family and sweet Paprika. I know you are worried about how long you have with her. Just love her and enjoy your time together. I truly hope you have many, many more months together.
Praying for you both!!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you mind posting your favorite picture of Paprika?  We'd love to see her!

stephanie junca

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Would you mind posting your favorite picture of Paprika?  We'd love to see her!
Here are some pics out of about a million haha!

The kitty eye glow effect! It just happened that way...

Up close and personal.

Putting together a care package for a friend overseas and she wanted to go too!

Supervising my work..

She was Princess Leia for Halloween one year... she was not happy with me!

These are all from a few years ago before she got sick.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You shared 16 years of life and you gave her love and home. She is approaching the destination and you are with her. Paprika is happy, I am sure. Be the Grace of God with you and nose kiss to Paprika!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some pics out of about a million haha!

The kitty eye glow effect! It just happened that way...

Up close and personal.

Putting together a care package for a friend overseas and she wanted to go too!

Supervising my work..

She was Princess Leia for Halloween one year... she was not happy with me!

These are all from a few years ago before she got sick.
Beautiful girl [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ Please give her lots of kisses from me!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww she's so pretty and sweet! Thank you!

stephanie junca

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your compliments she feels flattered [emoji]128568[/emoji]

stephanie junca

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last weekend I took Paprika to the vet for her annual checkup and she is now down to just 6 lbs. Last year at this time she was 7.5 lbs. The vet was honest and told me that they are all surprised that she is still around. Her bloodwork comes back showing bad numbers all around for kidney and liver functionality. I have met with all the vets at the clinic and each one has provided very helpful advice for her. I now have to give her fluids every day instead of every other day and also check her eyes and ears for signs of jaundice. I myself am surprised she is still hanging on but I have come to the conclusion that I cannot put her down as I feel that she is not ready yet. She is still eating even though she is losing weight rapidly and she still plays and is aware of everything and everyone. It does get hard sometimes to get her fluids in as she gets so squirmy but I think that is normal.

I recently got a new job close to my place so I dont have to leave her alone as long anymore because I do get a little scared that one day I will come home to find her dead. I don't want her to pass away alone.

As we get closer and closer to her 17th birthday, I hope that she can make it but I don't want her to suffer. I kind of have talks with her asking her to give me a sign that she is ready and to not suffer unnecessarily but she is a cat of course haha... It's weird I don't feel as much sadness as I did a few months ago and I think it is because I have come to terms with the fact that my kitty will leave me soon so I am more prepared. I do know that when it does happen I will be a wreck for a while. Losing a pet is so tough... I have lost 3 throughout my life and each one is difficult but this with Paprika has been the most prolonged and in the end I know it will be the most difficult [emoji]128532[/emoji]

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i  have  the  same  ecxact  proplem    how  is  yours  doing