My sweet boy, Patrick, is gone.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Patrick - that is so hard to bear, even when you knew he was on borrowed time. Sometimes we think somehow we can make it last for ever. Play happily at the Bridge, little man.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh Pat, we all are so very very very sorry for the loss of beloved, special, angelic Patrick. We woke to a downpour and since we live just one county over, we're sure the sky was crying for you. I think that Sasha will find his cousin and watch over him...and Patrick was called to be a leader up there, you know. That's what really happened. He had the best life and the best home - he had simply the best of everything.

I have already lit a little beige candle for him and put it by Sasha's "box" which contains my boy's fur before he left. So I am CERTAIN they will find each other.
And I look forward to you telling me he paid you a visit and sent another little one to you....

Peace & Light to you from our entire household~
Elizabeth & Eric
Namaste
Saba
, Sammy
, SASHA
, Freddie
, SiSi
, and Kgirl

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Pat, that was a lovely tribute to Patrick.

I'm glad that a year later, you have loving reminders of him in Frankie's eyes.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry that your sweet Patrick has gone to the Bridge ahead of you. I know the special bond that develops when you do the specialized care for CRF, as I have been treating Cleo for 6 1/2 years now. I'm very happy for you both that you had the extra time together...to bond so closely. Your sweet Patrick is God's newest Angel, a bright star that shines for you in Heaven. You are both in my prayers.

Pookie & the girls

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone, I am so sorry for anyone I caused sadness to. Those who are newer or thought I meant a current loss...Patrick died a year ago. I just miss him so much I wanted to post a memorial note in this original thread about losing him.

He and I were already very tightly bonded, but his almost 4 year illness, the many things he dealt with and bounced back from, truly amazing my vet, made that bond even closer.

I just miss my angel...but I sure didn't mean for anyone to think this was a current loss. I'm okay...thank you all for the caring notes..thank you very much.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat....it doesn't seem possible that one year has passed already.
The bond that you share with your beloved Patrick can never be broken.
He remains in your heart until you are together again.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Thank you everyone. I hope I didn't confuse anyone, it has been a year. I just wanted to come back to chat with him and remember him here, where I wrote words I'd been scared of having to write, that he was gone.

I was so blessed to have had his mother, and then him in my life. I will probably write a note here every year around the anniversary of his passing.

All my
always, my sweet, sweet, cream boy.
Now or a year ago - my reaction to the thread is the same. I know it means you've had some time to heal the grief - but you loved him so much and so well.

You always amaze me with your kindness, your thoughtfulness, your thorough-ness (is that a word?). You are such an incredible meomy. I wasn't active on TCS when Patrick passed, and I'm so sorry I wasn't here then to add my words of comfort.

What a wonderful thing you did for the vet and what a wonderful tribute to your amazing boy!

Laurie

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread...I don't venture into this forum often

I am so sorry for your loss of Patrick..even if it was a year ago. He sounds like he was a very special boy and he was lucky to have you.

May he rest in peace.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had no idea about this. I feel very bad that I did not know this. I am so sorry. I really am.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anniversaries are so hard. I know how you miss Patrick.

You helped me so much by reading your posts, and your responses to mine when I was going through Morts CRF.

I know how hard of a time I had keeping Morts CRF under control and I could only do it for a year before she died.

You kept Patrick going for 4 years and that is a Super Mom.

Bless your heart, my thoughts and prayers are with you today.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your caring notes, and for understanding.

shishi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pat, My heart is breaking for you right now but you know he will be healthy and happy over the bridge. The love that you have shown for him is truly touching. Stay strong! RIP Patrick, sweet boy!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest in peace Patrick, play well at the bridge.

I am very sorry, you did all you could for your boy.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Not much else I can say, I can't believe my so special boy is gone.
i know you know you did the right thing, but i think it helps when others tell us that, so i'm telling you that - you did right by him, & you both know it.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i know you know you did the right thing, but i think it helps when others tell us that, so i'm telling you that - you did right by him, & you both know it.
Thank you...it has been a year, my latest note was an anniversary one, and I miss him terribly. But I do know how much I did, and that it was all that could be done, and I know my sweetie knew it too. I am grateful he shared my life as long as he did.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pain that we feel from losing a loved one never goes away - it just becomes an accepted part of our lives over a period of time. In the same way that if we burn or cut ourselves the scar is always there, even once the immediate pain has passed. He will always live on in your heart, because he will always have a special place there.