My sweet boy, Patrick, is gone.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I'm sure the vets will really appreciate that
I'm so sorry about everything and I feel for you everyday. The pain will lessen eventually, I know thats no consolation when you have such a big void in your life at the moment but in time I hope you will heal.

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He HAD to have been special as I hurt over his loss too!

I STILL do not understand why the Prayers did not work! They healed his eye but not him!

He died a year and a day after Corkie. I hope they are together as she loved my Ben but hated the girls!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyBabies

He HAD to have been special as I hurt over his loss too!

I STILL do not understand why the Prayers did not work! They healed his eye but not him!

He died a year and a day after Corkie. I hope they are together as she loved my Ben but hated the girls!
He would be very gentle with Corkie...the last wonderful thing he did was help Frankie get over her fears that any cat she saw would attack her. He really helped her learn that she was safe, safe with him and it was wonderful to see her loosen up gradually, to where she'd nap near him and give him little baths.
I think the prayers worked, it just was his time.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I think the prayers worked, it just was his time.
Such courage and love shown in that statement. Patrick must be so pleased that his meowmmy is such an inspiration for the rest of us. Susan

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my opinion, sometimes the prayers are what helps us who have to see their beloved companion over the bridge. I KNOW I couldn't have done it without the prayers of the people on this site, and I'll bet Pat feels somewhat the same way. So NEVER think your prayers are unanswered. They are just answered a different way...

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat, my heart grieves with you now in this time of extreme loss. Even when we know the time is here, it is never an easy thing
I am so, so sorry for your loss. RIP Patrick

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am late to this thread.

I am so sorry to read about Patricks passing. He was such a strong soul.

RIP sweet Patrick.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bubbie, it was one year ago yesterday, that I had to accept you couldn't stay with us any longer. I miss you so much. I still look down to the right of my chair, and expect to see your face patiently looking up at me, waiting for me to realize you'd really like a treat please.

I miss sleeping with you next to me, your head on my pillow, one paw on my arm. I miss the feel of you in my arms, I just miss your presence.

I hope you feel still how much you are loved, and I ask you again, to be there to meet me when it's my time.

I love you and send you smoochies.

ps...you have no idea how much you helped that anxious scrawny little red head, Frankie. She's learned to give kisses, and while no one looks like you, she eases my heart with the resemblance of blue eyes, and her color.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I never knew Patrick. He crossed over the bridge before I came, but he sounded like a pretty special guy. I'm sure he remembers you just as fondly as he chases butterflies with all the other kitties.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was a beautiful tribute to Patrick
I know how your feeling- I hope that Patrick & Davidson are up over the RB playing and enjoying themselves, looking down on all of us

Many hugs to you today

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat, I just saw this. I am glad I was privileged enough to meet Patrick. He was such a strong, gentle soul. I know that now you have an empty compartment in your heart and your home feels strange. He fought the good fight- and you were the one capable of helping him through the rough patches. If you need to talk you know how to reach me. In your river of tears, I know you see Patrick's glorious face shining through. I set a candle in the window~

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat, I'm so incredibly sorry. You and your little boy have such a strong bond with each other, he will always be such an enormous part of your life as he forever lives on in your heart. I'm so very sorry. There are just no adequate words here.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. I hope I didn't confuse anyone, it has been a year. I just wanted to come back to chat with him and remember him here, where I wrote words I'd been scared of having to write, that he was gone.

I was so blessed to have had his mother, and then him in my life. I will probably write a note here every year around the anniversary of his passing.

All my
always, my sweet, sweet, cream boy.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did an amazing job with him Pat.
Rest his sweet soul. Chichi is coming up on 3 years in August with CRF.. I hope she makes it. It's amazing how some cats just have the will power to live.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely tribute to a lovely boy - do send a sign down to your mum to show her you are fine up there.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know Patrick, that was before I got here. I am so sorry for your loss. I know that he is over at the Bridge and he is healthy once again.