My Sweet Angel Baby Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2/5/16

dmk129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kelly,

I have been thinking about you today and I hope you are doing OK.  As OK as anyone can be after such a loss.  I laid in bed last night and couldnt stop thinking of your wonderful Angel.  I cried some too.  He was such a special kitty and you did every last possible thing you could for him.  You can feel confident that you left no stone unturned in helping him.  And when you couldnt help him and he was starting to suffer you did the best thing from him and freed him from his world body so he could be in heaven.  What a great cat he was and in all your pictures of him you could see his love for you and yours for him.  He will be in your heart forever.  Dont wait too long to get a new kitty.  It will never replace Angel because every kitty is different. 

We waited a couple years after losing my beloved Little Bugger of a sudden death pulmonary embolism.  Now we have 2 Siamese brothers that are the same kind of cat=Flame Point Siamese and neither of them is anything like Bugger but they are quite loveable anyway!!  One of them even rattles the dresser handle in the am just like Bugger used to to wake us up===Maybe he is telling them==OK here's what you boys do to wake the people up at 4 am.  HOW could they have figured out the same tactic???  

Darla

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is a beautiful start to Angel's scrap book Kelly.   I hope there is laughter as well as tears for you as you put all these precious memories together - those squirrel pictures certainly had me laughing out loud, along with the paw and head peeking over the top of the cat tree and the tongue licking pic' with that wiggly wand.   

I sometimes have difficulty getting in to photobucket but hopefully I'll manage to take a look at the rest of the work you have put together.  What a great idea to do it over the years - p;hotographs are such a precious things to look back over.
Thank you. I agree. Photography has been a hobby of mine for a few years now. So of course, I was always snapping pictures of Angel!   Unfortunately, my computer stopped loading pictures from camera card last April, as you may have seen me mention before. For some reason, it started saying that I had to defrag the disc, but if I did that, it would erase all the pictures I was trying to load. Even my ex, who used to work on computers, couldn't figure out why it was doing that, to fix it.  I have to get that fixed!!  A client gave me the number of a guy she uses that only charges 30.00/hr , so probably will be a better deal, than taking it in somewhere. 

I have just been using my phone since then, & then have to email pictures to myself, & then download them.  I would like to use my camera again!  I mean, I still can, but what's the point, if I can't get the pictures onto my computer, so haven't since last April!     

...And yes, I love those pictures too! I love his crinkled little nose & yes, that tongue in those two pictures w/ what I used to call his "snake."  The picture where he is getting the ball on top of the tree,

I would make the ball crinkle, so he would hear it, then was always pulling my hand away quickly, so he wouldn't get me! 

Last edited:

dmk129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kelly=LOVE the scrapbook pages you made.  Angel was a wonderful Kitty!!  My heart goes out to you. 

Darla

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kelly,

I have been thinking about you today and I hope you are doing OK.  As OK as anyone can be after such a loss.  I laid in bed last night and couldnt stop thinking of your wonderful Angel.  I cried some too.  He was such a special kitty and you did every last possible thing you could for him.  You can feel confident that you left no stone unturned in helping him.  And when you couldnt help him and he was starting to suffer you did the best thing from him and freed him from his world body so he could be in heaven.  What a great cat he was and in all your pictures of him you could see his love for you and yours for him.  He will be in your heart forever.  Dont wait too long to get a new kitty.  It will never replace Angel because every kitty is different. 

We waited a couple years after losing my beloved Little Bugger of a sudden death pulmonary embolism.  Now we have 2 Siamese brothers that are the same kind of cat=Flame Point Siamese and neither of them is anything like Bugger but they are quite loveable anyway!!  One of them even rattles the dresser handle in the am just like Bugger used to to wake us up===Maybe he is telling them==OK here's what you boys do to wake the people up at 4 am.  HOW could they have figured out the same tactic???  

Darla
Thank you so much!  Today, I am doing fine, (except for when I cried showing my parents Angel's box he came home in & all that was in it).  It made me smile to see his pictures, & it felt good doing something creative again!  I am a pretty creative / crafty person, but haven't done anything in a long while. Now, that I have more time, I will start doing some more.  It is therapeutic! 

That is something, the way your new kitties know how to do that very same thing. I think Bugger is there in spirit, doing that, & showing them what to do, just like you said!  That's funny!

dmk129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you so much!  Today, I am doing fine, (except for when I cried showing my parents Angel's box he came home in & all that was in it).  It made me smile to see his pictures, & it felt good doing something creative again!  I am a pretty creative / crafty person, but haven't done anything in a long while. Now, that I have more time, I will start doing some more.  It is therapeutic! 

That is something, the way your new kitties know how to do that very same thing. I think Bugger is there in spirit, doing that, & showing them what to do, just like you said!  That's funny!
I am glad to hear you are doing a little better today.  Angels scrapbook is a beautiful tribute to the wonderful cat he was.  What a lot of beautiful photos you have of him to remember him by. 

Yes--Unfortunately the 2 new guys caught onto that a little too fast for it to just be coincidence....   I still miss Bugger so much and he died in 2013.  He was just the best cat ever.  The 2 new boys are now so much in my heart too.  I have had them a while now and they have become very special to me too. 

You and Angel have been in my thoughts a lot lately. 

Darla

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am glad to hear you are doing a little better today.  Angels scrapbook is a beautiful tribute to the wonderful cat he was.  What a lot of beautiful photos you have of him to remember him by. 

Yes--Unfortunately the 2 new guys caught onto that a little too fast for it to just be coincidence....   I still miss Bugger so much and he died in 2013.  He was just the best cat ever.  The 2 new boys are now so much in my heart too.  I have had them a while now and they have become very special to me too. 

You and Angel have been in my thoughts a lot lately. 

Darla
Thank you Darla. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, I hope you are taking care of yourself and that your heart is beginning to heal. Memories are so precious and you will always have them to remind you of your sweet Angel. We all miss him so much.
Take good care of yourself. Think of all the good times. Angel knew how much you loved him. They leave such a big hole in our hears.
Thank you very much. Yes, they do. As they fill so much, much is missed, but never forgotten.  It was nice to do the scrapbook pages today. It felt good to do something creative again. It had been a while.

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You have done a beautiful job on Angels scrapbook. My sister can do things like that but I'm just not that talented. I loved seeing all those pictures of Angel, of course I cried but with a smile on my face at the same time.

My best friend made up a scrapbook for me when I lost my baby but I never finished it, maybe someday I will get around to it.

Just know that I'm thinking of you, you are still in my thoughts and prayers.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You have done a beautiful job on Angels scrapbook. My sister can do things like that but I'm just not that talented. I loved seeing all those pictures of Angel, of course I cried but with a smile on my face at the same time.

My best friend made up a scrapbook for me when I lost my baby but I never finished it, maybe someday I will get around to it.

Just know that I'm thinking of you, you are still in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks Snugglecat, (& Jenny for the purraise)   That's nice your friend did that for you. Maybe mine can inspire you to work on it. If you have a Hobby Lobby, I recommend going there & checking out scrapbook paper, they have the biggest selection, I don't even bother w/ the other two craft stores anymore!  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I have a few things to share with you today.

Today was an emotional day. The only reason I can think of that triggered it, was that even though I worked last Friday, today was my first day back to a regular week. Most of my clients are biweekly, so it was also where I was going each day, on Angel's last week. Had I known I wouldn't get the weekend w/ him as I'd hoped, I would have stayed home that last day before to spend with him. It was just a sad thought. 

I was crying as I drove this morning. Then, when I got home there was a card in my door, "To mommy." Well, I lost it as soon as I got in the door ,( of course).  As I opened it, & read it, I figured it was from my sister.I text her, & it was. There was also a necklace in it from him too. It was very sweet, & very special. I thanked her, & told her I will keep it always!  I balled my eyes out!  You will see why below.....

And, I did these scrapbook pages yesterday.  This one says, "Really mom?"       "Smart kitty", "You eyeball'n my sandwich boy?"  & "Ahhh, wize guy eah?"

Last edited:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So beautiful - I'm sitting here crying! And I guess it makes me think of my Tony also.

Angel is happy and well again --- you gave him a wonderful life and he gave you years of love and companionship. Maybe someday you'll find another kitty to love --- nothing will replace your Angel - as nothing will replace my Tony --- but it will be a different kind of love.

My thoughts are with you - you and I share he same feelings now.

Take care.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, now I'm getting weepy!.
   What a dear your sister is, to send you such a beautiful card.  And the necklace made by Angel's own heavenly paws! 
   So, sweet.  
    I'm so glad you have such support from family and friends and that they understand Angel was not "just" a cat.  The impish photo of him is perfect - guaranteed to make you smile a little in your heart every time you see it.  

Glad to see the scrapbook coming along.  it looks fantastic.  Of course, you have a beautiful model!  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So beautiful - I'm sitting here crying! And I guess it makes me think of my Tony also.

Angel is happy and well again --- you gave him a wonderful life and he gave you years of love and companionship. Maybe someday you'll find another kitty to love --- nothing will replace your Angel - as nothing will replace my Tony --- but it will be a different kind of love.

My thoughts are with you - you and I share he same feelings now.

Take care.
Thanks Lana, Yes, you are right, he is irreplaceable, as Is your Tony.  

Aw, now I'm getting weepy!.
   What a dear your sister is, to send you such a beautiful card.  And the necklace made by Angel's own heavenly paws! 
   So, sweet.  
    I'm so glad you have such support from family and friends and that they understand Angel was not "just" a cat.  The impish photo of him is perfect - guaranteed to make you smile a little in your heart every time you see it.  

Glad to see the scrapbook coming along.  it looks fantastic.  Of course, you have a beautiful model!  
Yes, she is. She must have left work to stick it in my door, & she doesn't work close by.  She also just stopped by after work. Yes, they do understand. She & her family have labs, & a Maltese.  The card does make me smile, the kitty;s face on there is so funny.  I used the last sleeve I had for those pages I did, so until I get more, that's all the scrap booking for now. 

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The letter is so true; if Angel never came to you he would not have survived the UT issues. Because of you, he lived so much longer, and more importantly, he knew unconditional love.  RIP sweet Angel 

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The letter is so true; if Angel never came to you he would not have survived the UT issues. Because of you, he lived so much longer, and more importantly, he knew unconditional love.  RIP sweet Angel 
Thanks Eric, I believe that too.  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Well I have a little pile of wet tissues here now thanks to your sister's communications with Angel.  

You are incredibly lucky to have family who undestand how important Angel is in your life and how close your bond is with him.  That necklace looks like it should hold very powerful positive healing energy: what a wonderful gift.  

Loving the latest fun pages added to that scrap book.  

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I will repeat it for you over and over. The tears are healing. It's like an emotional pressure valve. Pull over if you need to. Keep boxes of Kleenex handy. The firsts are always the worst.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, soaked my hoodie again. That just yanked on the heart strings here. I still cry for Lucky and it's been over three months. The tears just come - and sometimes I'm in my own home or (often) my car. Other times, it hits me at work or some other not-so-great place. I think that letter hit us all in that same spot in the heart.

Looking forward to seeing the photo album. I can't look now, I'll bawl just that much more. But maybe this weekend.

little cutie66

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The letter was so beautiful, it really touched my heart. I lost my 2 cats over a month ago and I still cry every day. I feel your pain and we are all here for each other in this painful time. Much hugs for you.