My Roscoe Needs Prayers

cabelle1863

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure that Roscoe knows how much you loved him and will be waiting for you.

We lost our sweetie Bailey almost a month ago. The vet suspected heart failure. I kept looking for her at first, expecting to see her on the stairs or waiting for me in the window. Our other two kitties kept looking for her for a while too.

I kept thinking I'd wait a long time before we ever adopted again but I think Bailey had other plans. My husband & I stopped by the local shelter to drop off some of the food on their wish list last week. Wouldn't you know it, there were two very sweet kittens and I just felt this click. It was as though Bailey was saying to me "These are the ones. Take them home." I think when the time is right, Roscoe will be right there helping you pick too.

Many hugs and my deepest condolances.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I just read everything from beginning to end and it brought tears to my eyes. It is so hard when we can't get them fixed and have to say goodbye.

You are a wonderful CatPapa, and Roscoe is watching over you and Kora.

RIP Roscoe

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I, too, am sure that Roscoe will be sending a kitty your way. He knows better than anyone just how wonderful a home you will offer.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have often thought in the past that my cats have a 'plan'. there have been more than a couple of occasions when havig lost a cat, another one appears desperately needing a home. roscoe will guide you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catpapa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been an interesting few days, but Kora and I are getting through it. She has no idea how much she's helping me.

I posted last week that I had ordered some ES Clear to see if it would help him, but it didn't come in time. I'm kicking myself for not overnighting it. I don't know if it would have been a difference maker but I feel like I should have tried. It's still in the box. I can't open it just yet. I'll look up on it and see if it would be good to Kora.

My friend now has an outdorr cat, looks to be a kitten that comes to his window every night. He's let it in a few times, his cat seems ok with it, but his cat is also used to having a big husky around. He keeps asking me if I want it.

I'm just nervous about possible things that this cat may have, being that it's an outdoor cat. I've never had one.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatPapa

I posted last week that I had ordered some ES Clear to see if it would help him, but it didn't come in time. I'm kicking myself for not overnighting it. I don't know if it would have been a difference maker but I feel like I should have tried. It's still in the box. I can't open it just yet. I'll look up on it and see if it would be good to Kora.
don't do this to yourself. you did all that you could. i did the same thing when Mouse was sick. for a while, i beat up on myselfl, telling myself if i had taken her to a better vet sooner [she ended up seeing 4] or had noticed she was off her feed sooner, etc. does no good - just makes you feel bad.
Originally Posted by CatPapa

My friend now has an outdorr cat, looks to be a kitten that comes to his window every night. He's let it in a few times, his cat seems ok with it, but his cat is also used to having a big husky around. He keeps asking me if I want it.

I'm just nervous about possible things that this cat may have, being that it's an outdoor cat. I've never had one.
you could always vet it, if you think you want it... that's what i've done w/my 3 'foundlings'.