My Roscoe Needs Prayers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catpapa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Called the emergency service and they got in touch with my vet. I described everything to him and he said that by now, cats usually show some kind of appetite from due to the cortisone shot, so he was a bit surprised that Roscoe was still not eating. He said to dip my finger in honey and put it on Roscoe's lips to give him a little sugar boost and to try with tuna or liver sausage to get him to eat a little something, anything.

I mentioned that I thought this might be it for my little buddy and he said that from the symptoms I was describing, he honestly didn't think it was going to end tonight.

Then, out of total surprise, he asked me what time I started work. He then said he would go into the office early and that he wanted me to drop Roscoe off in the morning so he could watch him and monitor him to see how he's acting and feeling. Is this normal for a vet to do? I'm so touched that he's taking this measure to do what's best for Roscoe.

So I did the honey and tried the tuna. I slid a little paper plate under the couch with a little piece of tuna on it in case he wanted it at some point. I've tried everything I know of. Done everything I think I could've done and it's just not working. I want to sit with him but I feel like I'm forcing him to do things he's not comfortable with right now.

I'm just going to leave him alone till the morning. I think tomorrow might be the day, unless the doc finds something else to try. I feel like I'm losing my son. More healies for you my little boy
::Roscoe::

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry Roscoe is so sick. It is a hard thing to go through. Sometimes the hardest choice we have to make for our furbabies is the right choice.

Sending lots of good vibes to you both.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry things aren't looking promising, I hope the vet can think of something, but it is only going to be buying him time. It is such an awful position to be in. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you've got a good vet, and he knows what a good and caring daddy Roscoe has. I'm so sorry that things don't look brighter now, but Roscoe couldn't have been more loved than in your home.

catpapa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took Roscoe to the vet this morning. He could barely lift his head and squeak out a meow. It's kind of a long drive to my vet from my house, and I'm actually glad it was because I had a chance to say my goodbye's to my special little boy. I had a feeling this was it.

I called the dr. at 2:30pm to see how he was doing and he said that he tried everything he could think of and Roscoe just isn't responding. He said the jaundice was getting really bad due to the liver impairment. He also said the Roscoe's quality of living had gone. He gave him some pain medication to ease his suffering until he could talk to me.

I decided at 3:30 that it was best to show Roscoe how much fun heaven is with all the other cats and no pain. I juggled the idea of going down their to hold him while he passed, but I just couldn't do it. I want to remember him alive and happy and healthy. My vet is such a fantastic guy, I couldn't thank him enough for going the extra mile.

So to all of you, who took a crying stranger in to your family here and helped him deal with the most emotional roller coaster he's ever been on, I thank you. I couldn't have made it through this without all the prayers. When I could, I had Roscoe on my lap and I would show him your words and occasionally, I would get a meow out of him.

As for you Roscoe, my little boy, I thank god for the day he gave you to me and I wouldn't trade any of the memories we have. You showed me more then I ever thought a little pet could. I just wish I could've saved you from your pain. I hope you look down on me from heaven and know that I loved you and tried everything I could.

Goodbye my little buddy and love always.

Your Papa.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry about your Cat. I did not go in the room with Yoshi either. I do not blame you for not going down to the Vets. When Stormy was very Sick the Vet called and asked if i wanted to say godbye to her and they gave me time to decide before she was Pts. I couldnt go there and say goodbye to her either. When yoshi was Pts I got time with him in the Room then they took him to the back. I did ask for his fur and they gave me alot of it. I was crying on Coco. I was trying to hide my face from everyone so they wouldnt see me. I was hoping your Cat would get better. i am here if you ever need to talk about it.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry CatPapa. You did the right thing and I know your little baby is in a much better place. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry I didn't see your thread in time to be supportive along the way, and I'm sorry you have had to say goodbye to your guy. It's never easy, but it's the most loving thing one can do, once they reach that point. Be gentle with yourself, and also talk with Kora about this. She'll be missing Roscoe, too. You can help each other.

RIP Roscoe

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you had to say goodbye, but at least you did everything in your power to help him, and were strong enough to let him go peacefully when everything failed, he truly was lucky for that. RIP little one.

heather40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh no. I am so so sorry.
I know you did the right thing, but it hurts so bad. I wish none of us ever had to go through that!

2furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
CatPapa... I am so, so sorry... take comfort in knowing that your boy is in a much better place. I am sending hugs and prayers your way today. Please know you are not alone... many of us have been where you are. Stay strong.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss - I know your Roscoe is looking down and wishing he could make you feel better. You did the kindest thing for Roscoe, even though it was so hard for you - and what better describes love. I hope I can demonstrate your strength and caring when it comes time for my babies to cross the bridge.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by heather40

Oh no. I am so so sorry.
I know you did the right thing, but it hurts so bad. I wish none of us ever had to go through that!
my condolences on your loss, & my respect for doing what was right for your Roscoe

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you.

I know the strong bond you had with Roscoe by the way you speak of him. I call my Cody my son too, he truely is, and I cannot imagine what you are going through. I am so sorry for your loss. You make his life top quality, and you helping him over rainbow bridge before he started suffering was the greatest gift you gave him out of all the things you have done for him. You did it for Roscoe, and put him first. I see so many people who can;t 'let go' and make their poor animals suffer, those people put themselves first over their animals and it tears me up inside.

*hugs*
Just know that he's on heavens highest cat tree watching over you!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a note to say you're still in my thoughts - I hope you and little Kora are doing as well as possible. I can only imagine how empty your house must feel, but truly, you did the hardest, but most loving thing for your Roscoe.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you haven't seen it before, I'd really like to recommend this website:

www.petloss.com

It seems that no matter how long they live, our furry friends never live long enough. We have a favorite dogwood tree on our property, and we have a number of kitty friends under it. Even the oldest ones seemed to be with us only a moment.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm so so sorry for your loss. you truly loved little roscoe and did everything you possibly could for him.

RIP little man.

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He knows you love him and that you did all that you could possibly do for him. I went through something similar with my favorite boy. I am so sorry you had to go through this.

catpapa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind words.

Yes, the house seems a bit empty without him. I miss him so much, just curled up in a ball in my lap. Kora is doing ok so far, but I see her sometimes looking around for him. I leave the tv on for her when I go to work, so she doesn't feel so lonely and I try to sneak home to have lunch with her when I can.

I miss Roscoe so much, but I know I did the right thing. I'm going to pick up another kitten very soon and I'm sure, when I go to look at them, Roscoe will be on my shoulder helping me pick.