My nieghbor who drives through my yard is now STUCK in my yard!!!

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I have that problem with my Dh, he was weed wacking the edge of my flower bed, some of the flowers got it too. I planted some Lilac saplings that my neighbour gave me, what lilacs he says
.I will be replanting them this spring, only this time I am going to buy big plants.
thank you for that laugh, my grandpa, god rest his soul, used to mow over my moms roses "what roses, i didnt see any roses".

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

thank you for that laugh, my grandpa, god rest his soul, used to mow over my moms roses "what roses, i didnt see any roses".
My step-mom did that to a rose bush that I had planted at my Dad's house before they married with a weed whacker.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If DH would do that I would use the weed wacker on him!!!
Anyhow diggers hotline can come out and mark any line BUT they won't tell you how far down the lines are. I asked the company who does the marking around here and he hesitated to tell me so just gave an estimate. I was ok as to my planting but the lines don't get buried too far down unfortunately.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait! Your DH's know how to use a weed whacker?

Glad the car is out. I think that the power and water companies will gladly come out to tell you where the lines are b/4 you dig. Hubby, who knows such things, but not weed whackers, said that if you live in a place where the ground freezes (sounds like you do) the lines would be below the frost line, like 4' - 5'.

I hope everything is going to be more pleasant now.

I miss the smell of lilacs!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be so so so so angry - and my DH is the best at coming up with satisfactory things to make someone feel better...I'll ask him what you can do!

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...mage&cd=1There is a pic of a really nice one there. It would have to be pruned to be smaller for our area though. I looooove lilacs! They are my favorite flower, scent, color, etc! I have lilacs in my bedroom. I stunned everyone by not having them for my wedding.
Is it possible to have a lilac bush in a pot? I love lilacs too but I am not allowed to plant them in my condo complex.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Wait! Your DH's know how to use a weed whacker?

Glad the car is out. I think that the power and water companies will gladly come out to tell you where the lines are b/4 you dig. Hubby, who knows such things, but not weed whackers, said that if you live in a place where the ground freezes (sounds like you do) the lines would be below the frost line, like 4' - 5'.

I hope everything is going to be more pleasant now.

I miss the smell of lilacs!
Our frost line is at 2' here. (One thing I remember from college!
) I think so far we're leaning towards some evergreen type plants. Maybe doing 2 on each side of the house or something.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

i dont think so, i think they root pretty deep, at least mine seams to be deep.
what about a dwarf type? someone who knows about lilacs!?!? let me know so I can PM you!