My nieghbor who drives through my yard is now STUCK in my yard!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

I hope you can. I don't know any northern type bushes you can plant though since I grew up in the south.
I can do some kind of evergreen. A lilac bush would be great too! Part of me doesn't want to though because we do want to move; but I'm thinking it would be good for whoever moves on this lot next since it would be a good wind-breaker on that side of the house, which always gets the winter winds, and our water pipes are on that side so that might really help

My friend's step-mother is a professional landscaper, so I might just ask her for an oppinion. I hadn't thought of that till just now!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I hadn't thought of that till just now!
Glad we could help!
Lilac sounds nice although I would have to admit, I've never seen a lilac plant before.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. I think she had to work because I heard her get home at her usual time (11-11:30ish). We'll see if she comes to talk to me tomorrow or what she does to get it out. Our weather for Saturday looks like it's supposed to be rain mixed with snow like we had today, so I want it out before it gets worse!

I'm thinking she needs to find a tow company that can hook chains to the car from the road, but that angle she's at is a problem. There is just no good way to reach the car with the big tree in her yard and no real access behind my house. Unless they move her shed.... What a pickle.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, since the car is on your property, does that make it tecnically yours? know any chop shops in the area. Maybe they will take it away piece by piece.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the way to my parent's house, we used to go through a neighboring housing development. One house had a very large corner lot, and for some reason there were always tracks through the yard. Couldn't figure out what was up with that. Not long after they had lived there (maybe 6mo to a year) they had railroad ties out on the perimeter of their lot. Don't stick up high, but enough to screw up a car's underside.
That's an idea. You could incorporate them with the trees/bushes you're planting.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the only way that car should come out is with a tow truck. But the car is small enough that a few guys should be able to push it out too.
You know I do landscaping and may have some suggestions for you!! Let me know.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK it's 10:30 am here. They've just managed to get the car back in her yard. (Though it'll still have to go through mine to get out.) I have 2 deeper ruts from her front tires and some 'skid' marks from the back. You can tell how saturated the ground is there because the bottom of those deeper ruts are filled with water. We don't get a lot of sun there at all. We actually get moss growing on that side of my house because it's so shaded.

So I still keep hearing them struggle to move the car. They keep moving a piece of that 2x4 under each of the wheels every few feet. I'm going to go keep an eye on them. She's got 2 men helping her today. So hopefully they get her out and our yards can dry. It's kinda funny listening to them going back and forth at each other (I'm pretty sure they are from the Philippines).

Originally Posted by littleraven7726

On the way to my parent's house, we used to go through a neighboring housing development. One house had a very large corner lot, and for some reason there were always tracks through the yard. Couldn't figure out what was up with that. Not long after they had lived there (maybe 6mo to a year) they had railroad ties out on the perimeter of their lot. Don't stick up high, but enough to screw up a car's underside.
That's an idea. You could incorporate them with the trees/bushes you're planting.
That's not a bad idea! They have some logs behind where her shed is keeping people from driving through there. Behind our houses is a horse shoe with more trailers around it and a short extension leading to 2 more houses, plus the mailboxes are in the middle of the horseshoe. If that makes any sense.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had a though abot some shrubs. You might want to put it in a larger container and bury the container so when you move you can dig it up and take it with you!!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

Railroad ties work very well. at our last house, our neighbours friends kept parking on our lawn, Dh put railroad ties along the edge ouf our property and their driveway. they didn't listen to wordsm but the railroad ties got the message across.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK! She's officially back in her proper parking spot!
She didn't drive all the way around my house, she managed to get it to the horse shoe part. Which I'm very glad about because my propane tanks are back there and the guy came and filled them this morning! She still had to back the car up back there right by them though. I'll go out in a bit to take final damage pics. One of the men has a shovel and is filling in the ruts already.

They've already had a bucket out washing the mud off her wheels. (I've seen that lady washing her car with intense precision
) I wonder if they were so caked from her spinning yesterday she wasn't getting any traction from them?

Oh and Mooch is calming down. She was hiding from all the noise they were making. Poor baby.

Originally Posted by GailC

I think the only way that car should come out is with a tow truck. But the car is small enough that a few guys should be able to push it out too.
You know I do landscaping and may have some suggestions for you!! Let me know.
The two men did do some pushing and that I think is what moved her the most. I hope the lesson is learned here!

I'll definitely ask for some ideas come spring. I may need to measure the land area to be sure whatever I plant can survive there. The park had these evergreens planted along the road side where the park boarders a regular residential housing neighborhood and they grew up so big next to each other they started dying and you couldn't see down the road right. It looked awfully unkempt too. The cut a bunch of them down last year and then planted new baby ones. Some of which died immediately; others were blown right out of the ground in a bad storm. We had baby trees up and down the roads here, one even was sticking out a car window that had been broken. What a shame.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I just had a though abot some shrubs. You might want to put it in a larger container and bury the container so when you move you can dig it up and take it with you!!
Thats a good idea! I'm kind of concerned about what's under ground there since the power line is right there. I know water access comes from the front of the house. I think the park has that info on hand. They had what we needed when we built our deck.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh I would be FURIOUS!!!!! I would tell the park manager all of this AND show them the pictures!!!! If nothing is done I would go get a couple fence posts and put them up
You could make a morning glory fence!!!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thats a good idea! I'm kind of concerned about what's under ground there since the power line is right there. I know water access comes from the front of the house. I think the park has that info on hand. They had what we needed when we built our deck.
If what's underground is an issue, then a few heavy pots aboveground with shrubs in them may be enough to do the trick.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A trellis with some Morning Glory's between 2 shrubs might be pretty! But whatever I do, I have to make sure I plant something DH can't weed wack!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

A trellis with some Morning Glory's between 2 shrubs might be pretty! But whatever I do, I have to make sure I plant something DH can't weed wack!
I have that problem with my Dh, he was weed wacking the edge of my flower bed, some of the flowers got it too. I planted some Lilac saplings that my neighbour gave me, what lilacs he says
.I will be replanting them this spring, only this time I am going to buy big plants.