My Neighbours are so Ignorant!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

gosh, i thought cigs were pricey here! i just bought a carton today - total of 200 cigarettes, just a few cents over $50... so that about $0.25 per cigaratte. yours are $0.26 per cigarette, so about the same - but i buy an expensive brand. off brands can be quite a bit cheaper. they're also cheaper just north of here, in Oklahoma - used to be worth the gas to drive up there, but w/gas prices the way they are, i don't know if that still would hold true.
I must apologize. It's been so long since I smoked that I forgot how many cigarettes are in a package! LOL

There are 25 cigarettes in a package. 8 packages per carton (200 cigarettes total).

A package of 25 cigarettes is almost $13.00 which is 52 cents per cigarette.

This map is 2 years old and the prices have gone up drastically and a carton is over $100 in Manitoba now. But it shows a rough idea of the prices from a couple years ago.

2006 Cigarette Prices in Canada (PDF File)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I must apologize. It's been so long since I smoked that I forgot how many cigarettes are in a package! LOL

There are 25 cigarettes in a package. 8 packages per carton (200 cigarettes total).

A package of 25 cigarettes is almost $13.00 which is 52 cents per cigarette.

This map is 2 years old and the prices have gone up drastically and a carton is over $100 in Manitoba now. But it shows a rough idea of the prices from a couple years ago.

2006 Cigarette Prices in Canada (PDF File)

no need to apologize... i should've done my math better, anyway. we have 20 cigarettes to a pack down here, 10 packs to a carton. by the pack, they're higher - $5.83 per pack for my brand. so if i buy by the carton, it's like getting a pack free, & then some.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, I had no idea that Canada housing was so expensive either. Is it that way everywhere, or just in the big cities? In the US, in densly populated areas like the big cities, it is outrageous, but the further away you get from that the less expensive it is to live. Phila. suburbs isn't too bad depending on the neighborhood. Nothing like New York, which sounds much like canada, as far as housing goes.

Anyway, it is good that your landlord is responding. Lysol is very toxic to people as well as bacteria. That would kill me. Some people are dopes.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you could move to the USA and find cheaper prices

Also, for the future, make copies of your health/doctor records regarding the problems related to the time period - just so they can see that it is affecting your health and how its affecting your health

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No Lysol smell today so far, so that's good
And I didn't wake up hacking up a lung either. But I still feel short of breath and will for weeks again until the inflammation in my lungs reduces. I feel like suing them for the cost of my inhalers. One of them is $150.00 and the other is $90.00. Neither of them I have needed for months before they started spraying that toxin back in February! Now I've gone through almost $400 in inhalers in that time

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to update this.

A couple of days ago I found the bag with the Oust that I had placed on their door knob on my own door knob. In it was my letter along with a reply from the girl in that apartment, written on it.

She claims that it's not them spraying the Lysol in their apartment and hallway, and that they don't smoke or use air fresheners and only clean their place with peroxide.

However, the facts point to them:

- The sniff test draws you right to their door where the smell is the most powerful.

- I've heard them come home and immediately hear "psssss" in the hallway outside my door.

- The caretaker has caught them and their guests smoking in the hallway and in the stairwell and tossing their cigarette butts on the floor in the stairwell.

- In February after the caretaker talked to them, the spraying stopped.

- Recently since the caretaker talked to them and I left them my letter, I haven't smelled Lysol in the hallways. No one else on the floor had been approached about this; just them.

I can't stand liars! A simple ownership of their actions and an "I'm sorry. We didn't realize" would go a long way!