My Mustang...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I was sitting at work today and my TL came in to tell me someone is copy-catting
Then sent me out to the parking lot to give him a rundown on the other Mustang out there..

There was a 2011 Mustang V6 Premium out there today with 45 day plates on it! The Kona blue metallic is a gorgeous color, but it has white leather interior (eek), and an automatic. My co-worker asked me if I was mad, but I'm still faster and think my white with black interior looks hotter

Don't know who owns it yet, but I would give them the advice to not park on the end of a row in a gravel parking lot ... especially here, when people kick up rocks and cant drive worth a poo back there. Mine is sitting all the way in the back in the grass where no one can park by me

Yay for window tint at 3, gonna look even better
Then to race it at Darlington
Haven't been there in years! Will have post-tint pictures for sure.

Edit: Saw the other Mustang leaving when I went to lunch ... and the funny thing is, its the other girl who works here named Tara!
We worked together 4 years ago and I trained her when she was hired. Then we both got different jobs in the building. Now there's two Taras with '11 Mustang V6s! She must have traded her 2005 in.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot to ask: I assume you were running a 1/8 mile dragstrip. What was your time and speed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was running 9.3x's @ 77-79mph last time.

Raced again last night and beat a 2003 Mustang GT, new Nissan Murano, and 1993 Mustang 5.0 (I jumped the gun and got a red light, but as you can see in the vid, that wouldn't have made a difference if I hadnt). Also raced a friend for fun (he also was the only one waiting to go when I pulled up) in his 2008 Sierra 2500 Duramax and got lost in a cloud
He's quick.

Vid of the three races we set up:

My best run so far is a 9.29 @ 77mph. Even forgot to turn the traction control off, oops. Never had a car with that option before
Next Sunday I will try and remember it. It will also be past its 1000mi break in, hoping for a little better 60fts and 1/8mi times, as I get better with launching and the car is finished with the first 1k miles.

After our trip to CO, we're going to slap drag radials on it and see what that does.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would say you should stop by here on your trip either east or west and we'd take my T out to the drag strip and I'd let you drive it, but I'm taking it apart to do some major modifications and I don't know when I'll finish it.

But here's a ride with a friend of mine in his T. He lives down in Florida.

Smoking T