My Mustang...

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
is arriving at the dealer tonight!!! Two days before the original ETA [7/17], 4 days before the last ETA [7/19] they gave me!

Rob asked me if I had gotten an update, because they said it'd be here between Saturday and Monday pretty much. I decided to drive to the dealer and ask in person instead of waiting on an email - its only 2 miles from the shop. My sales guy was off, so I talked to the guy who met me outside, we went in and he talked to the managers, and within seconds he was saying "It wont be here until September 31st, it got held up." I'm like WHAT?!?! It was shipped on the 9th where did it go!? The guy behind him was shaking his head and smiling so then I got really confused

The guy was like "Well, since there are only 30 days in September, it cant come on Sept 31st, so we will have it here tonight by 7:30pm." I was in complete shock. Some of it was still getting over the Sept comment, since Rob said if it is later than August 14 they can keep it haha. Our vaca to Colorado is then. He repeated it again, and said that their truck driver called and told them he was bringing our Mustang and another Mustang to them tonight and would be there between 7-7:30. The dealership closes at 7, but we are welcome to go take pictures of it coming off the truck all wrapped in its plastic-y newness.

There shall be pics to come if it really gets here tonight! They will "deliver" it to us tomorrow morning, once they do the dealer prep on it and get all the paperwork together. Hopefully the X-Plan stuff will go through, because we can save at least another $1000 on the price and get down to at least $21,600. The proof of membership to Mustang Club of America to get the X-Plan is supposed to arrive soon, mailed from Sarasota, FL on Wednesday....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess it's a very good thing this morning I put my DSLR camera in the car saying "the Mustang could be here any day now, better be prepared"

Time is going slowlyyyyy. Should have a nice first weekend with it, and it may even be broken in by Mustang Week's drag day next Thursday. Me thinks I won't have any problem putting the 1000 miles on it for the break-in period.
Just so happen to forget to run certain errands and need to go out again and do them haha.

katkuddler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Getting a new car is an exciting experience. Enjoy it and drive safely.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...0Mustang%20V6/

Posted this on the Mustang board:
It is here!!!! I waited next to the dealer for about 30 minutes waiting for the car carrier. Moved from my spot, and saw it coming, my Stang on the back. Followed it into the lot and took some pics, then talked to the guy unloading it. Told him which one was mine (he was also dropping off a Candy Red V6 and a Fusion), he told me that since I was there, I would get to drive it off the truck!! I was ridiculously giddy lol. He took a ton of pictures while I drove it off and parked it, then let me take as many pics inside and out as I wanted. Even waited for me to pick up my hubby from work and bring him back to sit in it. I have had the best day ever. The charcoal interior was totally worth ordering, and I'm sure the 3.31s will be great also. We have a set of Bullits to put on it soon. The truck driver even gave me the pink copy of the delivery receipt that the dealer usually throws out. He was very awesome to deal with He showed us the underside of some of the new F350s he had up top, chatted for awhile, and was overall a very nice guy. Says hes around all the time.

Tomorrow it will go through dealer prep in the AM, and they will call us when we can pick it up. Will probably put about $10k down and hope for some good on the X Plan. Will be driving it back to work after lunch, and have it in time to show off at a local meet on Saturday and bring to some of Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its Gorgeous, i do envy you guys having all these big powerful cars on tap so to speak we have to import them all

I bet you dont get much sleep

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG That is one SEXYYYY car Tara!!!!

I normally dislike white cars but those new mustangs are perhaps the only cars that look good white!! How awesome I cant wait to see more pics and see the rims you guys got for it!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all! Cant wait to go sign on it. Didn't sleep terribly well last night, too excited!

Originally Posted by mbjerkness

It is beautiful
I love that you got to drive it off the truck
That was so exciting!

I agree on the white paint thing. My Acura is white, but I never thought I'd like a white Mustang. Took a white one home and it grew on us! The charcoal interior looks really good with it. Will have non--plastic pics later for sure!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't heard anyone so excited about a Mustang since my college roommate's family got the second Mustang in all of Dallas. Oh...wait...that was before I knew him, so never mind!

It's great to get a new car. I've never ordered one, though.

What did the "DEAD" mean on the window?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I haven't heard anyone so excited about a Mustang since my college roommate's family got the second Mustang in all of Dallas. Oh...wait...that was before I knew him, so never mind!

It's great to get a new car. I've never ordered one, though.

What did the "DEAD" mean on the window?
I may have to ask them today
I was kind of worried by "DEAD" be written and crossed out on the window. I'm wondering if it maybe meant it died from sitting somewhere, but since its brand new I don't know. A co worker suggested they may have disconnected the battery while it was waiting shipment/on the train. It was the only car on the carrier that said that ... I was glad it started right up when I got in it though!

Hubby is so happy we ordered instead of taking the one we test drove off the lot. The test drive car had "stone" interior (some beige-y color), no spoiler, and 2.73 gears instead of 3.31s. The black looks great. They are putting the Bullit wheels on it for us with new tires and drag radials (yes we are going to break it in first before racing!) and started dealer prep around 10am.

About to leave work for lunch, then stop by and pick it up!
I'm just over excited for a brand new, sexy looking car!

Oh and I totally stole the sales guy's thunder when he called.
Sales Guy: Your Mustang is here!!
Me: I know, I was there last night when they unloaded it!!

Sales Guy: Oh, okay.