My mom has cancer...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Welcome to TCS, @Lenna36.  We're very happy to have you here, and hope you'll be a member of this community for a very long time.

You may want to start a thread dedicated to your father, the way @terestrife did for her mother.  And we'll be here for you, through the whole thing.  Many of us have lost loved ones to cancer, so we have a clue what you're going through, and are happy to give you any helpful hints we have picked up along the way.

Margret
Yes, please do.  Welcome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've been going through a similar circumstance myself.  Although it's my dad who has stage four.  He's still fighting it.  It's so encouraging to find so many kind people here.  You all are so supportive.  I want to thank you as well for the support you're giving terestrife and (unknowingly) to a lurker like me.

Thanks.

I went to see trolls with my niece and fell in love with that song. It spoke to me, i was listening to it on the day you posted that video. I hadn't heard the original version. I didn't know cyndi sang the original version. :)

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

I went to see trolls with my niece and fell in love with that song. It spoke to me, i was listening to it on the day you posted that video. I hadn't heard the original version. I didn't know cyndi sang the original version.
So glad to hear that you are takin what appears to you as tiny steps; but to us, they are GIANT steps.... Awesome....

we are still here for you!!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@terestrife, that song speaks to you because that song describes you.  Pay attention to it.

I first ran into it when my choir began rehearsing it.  I, also, didn't know Cyndi first sang it, until I was told.

Margret

lenna36

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@terestrife, I have my sister. Though I get the feeling I'm her sound board instead of the other way around. I agree with Artiemom. You're taking such big steps. It's awesome! You're one tough cookie, even though there will be days you don't think so. Hang in there, you got this.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Those little steps are, indeed, huge.  We see it if you can't.  And driving your cats to the vet!  I'm so proud of you!  I think of you often, and with so much caring.  I am 14 years into this journey that you have just begun, and I promise that life will be good again, and full of things you never imagined.  Hang tight, Darlin,  Hang tight.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't care how long you've been driving, taking the fur kids to the vet is a traumatic experience.  It's hard to drive with a yowling cat in the car!  And then there's the feeling that she'll hold it against you (she won't -- not for more than a day), and the natural sympathy for the cat's feelings, and the worry that the vet will find something horribly wrong.  All in all, vet visits are hard.

I'm so proud of you.

Margret

Last edited:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with Margret.

It's never easy taking cats to the vet. They cry, you fret, you worry. Most of the time, things are good, and the kitty forgives you and sits on your lap again.

Added to being a new driver, that's tough.

Kudos to you!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. You have a lot of good people here that really care.

I know what you are going through. My mother passed away in 2015. I think about her everyday.

Take care.

Ellen