My Life's Dilemma, which is now made worse by cats :(.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I didn't realize you had already given an answer to the marriage proposal.   I thought there was a dilemma between accepting the proposal or just keeping the friendship, and so just wanted to point out that for some guys the "keeping the friendship" would be thrown out the window anyway after a marriage proposal rejection.  I misunderstood which is probably why my response was so confusing.   Grats.  

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another thing I have to add is I think kids HAVE to get scratched at times, otherwise they won't know when things are getting too much for the cat.

My pure domestics are prone to scratching. Also some biting. However Loki, does not bite or scratch.He is jus t prone to running all over you. Using you like a jungle gym. That is so much better I know

Heck, that's how I learned each of my cat's limits when I first got them.

That is thrilling

If they were getting over stimulated or getting tired of the attention they would swipe at me and I learned when enough was enough.

Each cat is different and has different tolerant levels.

That is for sure,

And they "tail wagging" thing doesn't work with half your cats have 1/2 tails or no tails at all!

My foundation cat wags his tails, puffs it up, and purrs while he kneads you.  He also drools too
. Good old Loki

1 yr 4 months, to me, is still young.

Yep, he is one little whipper snapper

Harley and LittleOne didn't get out of kitten/attack/destroy mode until around 3.

What breed/type of cat is he?

Harley is 7 now and still has his playful moments but he's not tearing up the house or trying to climb up my back anymore.

There is some hope for Loki huh
. He is always climbing on me or hurling himself onto me from a piece of furniture.

At 2 years he was 12 lbs and thought he could still climb up my jeans and shirt and sit on my shoulder like he did when he was a kitten. NOT!

Sounds just like my Loki. Weight, behavior, general disaster in his path too. Only Loki is about twelve pounds at less then two years old.

I still have the scars to prove it (and many pairs of holey threadbare jeans). 

I can odd add destroyed bra, panties, and tops to your list

I honestly think it will be fine, it will just take some time.

I sure hope you are right. I do not care how long it takes, as long as it gets done.

Like everyone else has said, everyone will have to make adjustments.

Yes, true true. I just need to remember that.

How does Loki feel about the dogs?

He loves them. He chases them, jumps on them and wrestles with them. The Rottweilers and the German Shepherds end up panting and calling "uncle" before Loki does

Has she met them yet? 

Yes he has, I think he would like them (dogs) to move in. Not sure about the pure domestics. If only they (pure domestics) knew the dogs would get Loki off there back. Then, I am sure they would not mind the dogs
Please note, my responses are in bold face type.
Oh, I didn't realize you had already given an answer to the marriage proposal.

I did, But it was different
. I said, I would love to marry you. I just need to make sure we are all safe (humans and animals) and get along. But at the time, I thought to do that it was going to mean I would need to re-home Loki. But that is hopefully not the case.

I thought there was a dilemma between accepting the proposal or just keeping the friendship,

Well like the night I first wrote the post I was feeling that way. But, I was still in shock.

and so just wanted to point out that for some guys the "keeping the friendship" would be thrown out the window anyway after a marriage proposal rejection.

Got ya, thank you for pointing that out

I misunderstood which is probably why my response was so confusing.   Grats.  

Also, my thought process and typing pattern tends to confuse me too.
Please note, my responses are in bold face font.