My Kitten Is 7 Months Old And She's Pregnant. Will She Be Ok?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'm starting to be afraid that it's pyometra. She needs to see a vet as soon as possible.
The greenish discharge in the picture is concerning to me as well, because, as Willowy said, that can indicate infection. I agree that she needs to see a vet.

See this article for more details about discharge (i.e., what’s normal and what’s not): Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is she doing?
I took her to the vet today. He said nothing to worry. Her labour pains will start in 2 days.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
The greenish discharge in the picture is concerning to me as well, because, as Willowy said, that can indicate infection. I agree that she needs to see a vet.

See this article for more details about discharge (i.e., what’s normal and what’s not): Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!
It's not greenish discharge.. it's appearing like that in the pic.. I took her to the vet today. He said she is alright.. she'll deliver in 2 days.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she is doing well, make sure she is in a comfy secluded room and fed only kitten food. Please make sure she stays inside and get her spayed as soon as the kittens are weaned :)

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is she doing?
She delivered two kittens yesterday. One of it is born dead. She tried very hard to deliver that kitten. And she's not eating or drinking since then. I'm syringe feeding her. Just now I have seen some white discharge coming out her vagina. What is it? I'll take her to the vet tomorrow. But now is there anything I can do to her? Will she be alright?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is she acting other than not eating or drinking? Is she caring for the surviving kitten? Any way to get her to the vet today?

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitten is probably 7 months or older. She delivered two kittens yesterday. One of them is born dead. her delivery is not easy. She tried very hard to deliver that kitten. And she's not eating or drinking since then. I'm syringe feeding her. Just now I have seen some white discharge coming out her vagina. What is it? I'll take her to the vet tomorrow. But now is there anything I can do to her? Will she be alright?

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is she acting other than not eating or drinking? Is she caring for the surviving kitten? Any way to get her to the vet today?
yes! she's taking good care of her kitten... but she's looking very weak. She got very scared during her labour

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I don't know about the discharge but I believe it's really good that you're taking her to the vet. In the meantime, keep syringe feeding her, and also keep her from getting too cold. did the other kitten she delivered survive?

There is information here if your little mama isn't producing milk or able to nurse;

Hand Rearing Kittens: What You Need To Know To Save A Newborn's Life

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is night now. I'll take her to the vet tomorrow morning

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise