My inside cat (of 1.5 yrs-- formally a feral) escaped Friday night and I haven't seen him since!

supermax1943

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry to hear you haven't seen Jeff.

But, please don't give up hope!

He wanted out for so long, it may take him a while to remember what the "human good life" feels like!

The weather is nice, and I am sure he is having a ball.

Try to think of him that way, if you can, even while I know you miss him so deeply.

So sorry to hear you had another cat event.....you are certainly going through cat stress while also being pregnant. My heart goes out to you.

Yes, these cats can take a toll.

I hope your pregnancy is going well, despite the cat trauma!

Please let us know if Jeff turns up.

I will keep Jeff in my prayers, and you too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiger cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you so much for the prayers. Yes i miss him and hope he didnt travel far. Its still nice and warm out and pray he is faring well, finding food water and shelter. my 2 regular outdoor cats _(that have never been inside) capture and killed 2 mice in the past week. they leave their mouse bodies on our patio so i know there are things to hunt but just hoping jeffy has enough to eat. our outdoors kill for sport as(crazy cats) as they have plenty to eat from what we give them.

supermax1943

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update, I still have good vibes about Jeff!

I was cleaning under my bed one day when I thought I saw what looked like a toy ball. Not! It was a gopher's head
'

Yes, the little darlings are so sweet to bring us their little gifts!!

I have a long thread going on the Feral Forum "Advice on Trapping Feral Kittens" where you can find the saga of Smudge, Charlie and Susie Q.

The short part of the story is that the two little kittens, Charlie and Susie Q, were brought back in the house by their feral Mom, Smudge, last night.

They had been in the house for about 10 days and outside again for a week.

This morning I spent some time with Charlie and Susie Q and was amazed to find that they had actually gained weight while outside.

I  have more than enough food outside, but still, their Mom was keeping the babies in the field next to my house, and my Wildlife video camera (a great thing to have at $119.00) only caught a few pictures of the babies eating at the feeding stations.

They were obviously eating something. Thought that might be helpful for you to know. We, of course, don't see all of the little creatures that are available for cats to eat in the wild, but Smudge, the mother of these kittens is a true Feral. She obviously knows how to stay alive and is teaching her kids well.

I hope that will help calm some of your fears about Jeff. Since he was outside to begin with, I am sure he has the knowledge and talent to know how to take care of himself. But, I know the sadness, and fear of having one missing. I also have many in the colony who will come and go for months at a time. Just when I think I need to hold a prayerful ceremony for the travel to kitty heaven...they turn up! Actually three of mine have done this in the past year.

So many hugs to you. Please stay in touch, when you have a chance.

More prayers on the way for Jeff.....

tiger cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the update, I still have good vibes about Jeff!

I was cleaning under my bed one day when I thought I saw what looked like a toy ball. Not! It was a gopher's head
'

Yes, the little darlings are so sweet to bring us their little gifts!!

I have a long thread going on the Feral Forum "Advice on Trapping Feral Kittens" where you can find the saga of Smudge, Charlie and Susie Q.

The short part of the story is that the two little kittens, Charlie and Susie Q, were brought back in the house by their feral Mom, Smudge, last night.

They had been in the house for about 10 days and outside again for a week.

This morning I spent some time with Charlie and Susie Q and was amazed to find that they had actually gained weight while outside.

I  have more than enough food outside, but still, their Mom was keeping the babies in the field next to my house, and my Wildlife video camera (a great thing to have at $119.00) only caught a few pictures of the babies eating at the feeding stations.

They were obviously eating something. Thought that might be helpful for you to know. We, of course, don't see all of the little creatures that are available for cats to eat in the wild, but Smudge, the mother of these kittens is a true Feral. She obviously knows how to stay alive and is teaching her kids well.

I hope that will help calm some of your fears about Jeff. Since he was outside to begin with, I am sure he has the knowledge and talent to know how to take care of himself. But, I know the sadness, and fear of having one missing. I also have many in the colony who will come and go for months at a time. Just when I think I need to hold a prayerful ceremony for the travel to kitty heaven...they turn up! Actually three of mine have done this in the past year.

So many hugs to you. Please stay in touch, when you have a chance.

More prayers on the way for Jeff.....
Thank you so much, sent you a private message for all your kind advice! I will not lose hope on Jeff and hoping wherever he is he will eventually find his way back, if even as an outdoor cat so I can look after him and provide food and shelter.  Until then, I will keep praying for jeffy.

tiger cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I might also invest in an outside camera… I have one inside my house the drop cam but an outside camera does double duty as well (for added security even when we're away). something to look into!  ;)