My husband just called me...

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8 Bit just had to play with the new toys.
I can also vouch for verticals. Palekana crashes through them when she bird watches with no problem. They are easier to clean than mini blinds too.[/FONT

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys have some great cat decorating ideas! I'll run over to Home Depot today and see if I can get some verticals for the window. DH put them back up last night, and they came crashing down at 4:30am.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You mean there are actually people with pets who put up blinds? Only kidding. My mom is constantly buying new blinds - she has 3 dogs and a cat. She tried the vertical blinds, but they were just as bad as the horizontal ones. The dogs managed to pull down at least one element a week. My sister (now 2 dogs and 3 cats) and I have long since given up, and switched to draw curtains and/or shutters. We have roll-down shutters, but aren't "allowed" to close them all the way. We have sheers for privacy during the day, but they all have pulls in them from kitty claws.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

We have roll-down shutters, but aren't "allowed" to close them all the way.
Same thing here. I'm not "allowed" to close my mini blind in my bedroom or the kitchen at anytime. The bedroom one is bad cause my neighbors driveway is right next door to my driveway (and window) and since I'm "told" to keep the blinds open a bit I swear he must get sick of watching me sleep.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

You mean there are actually people with pets who put up blinds? Only kidding. My mom is constantly buying new blinds - she has 3 dogs and a cat. She tried the vertical blinds, but they were just as bad as the horizontal ones. The dogs managed to pull down at least one element a week. My sister (now 2 dogs and 3 cats) and I have long since given up, and switched to draw curtains and/or shutters. We have roll-down shutters, but aren't "allowed" to close them all the way. We have sheers for privacy during the day, but they all have pulls in them from kitty claws.
Why arent you allowed to keep them down when you like??

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you'll enjoy the CatOfTheDay ( www.catoftheday.com ) for Sunday the 22nd. Cute cat and wonderful story, and the cat is peeking through the blinds - or what's left of them.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Why arent you allowed to keep them down when you like??
A certain little kitty complains, because he can't see what's going on outside when they're closed.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Bit Happens!!!
That is hilarious!

We have blinds, I just took the wand (to twist the slats open and closed) off a few of them. And most of the strings to actually open and close the whole blinds are cut short and tied up out of kitty range. I find that without the enticing dangly things, the blinds are a LOT less fun for kitties. And as posted, keep them open far enough so kitties can still see out!