My Grandpa passed Away last night

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandpa was a very interesting man... Very different by any standard; had great stories, who knows what was true and what was a creation of his great mind!
He had met the devil in person, and had a direct telephone line with Jesus Christ... Who has that? Ah.... He did!
He had a degree in engineering, but was an autodidact in Chemistry, and that was his passion until he became blind... He was Chemistry Professor in the University until well into his 80s.
He built schools to teach the kids in his farm, and paid the teachers out of his pocket... To their parents, he taught them different trades. He always helped the others, built homes, built schools... He was a true altruist.
But my grandfather also lived in the moment. That man lived his life to the fullest... He lived in many places, and had many children. 13 officially. They were all borne in different zipcodes, it seems.
With my grandmother, he had 10. She died young, of meningitis... She was, he says, the love of his life... He then remarried and had 2 more - they are probably around 28 and 25 years old... And got divorced and married his third wife, fifty years younger than him, and had his last daughter when he was 78 - she is now 17... Manuella

His moto was the old cliche that you can only regret the things you don't do... And that if you feel in your heart that you should do something, then do it - always take the risk, err to the do, and not to the don't.
My grandpa was a teacher... Not of chemisty, physics, math... But of life... We would talk for hours on no end, and he taught me many great things, that will be with me to the day I die...
He died peacefully in his favorite place in the world - his beach house... He was not in pain, had no tubes, was not sick... He just took a deep breath, and it was his last... He was 95.
Grandpa, I am sorry I haven't seen you in a while... But one day we will seat together again, and this time I will be the one telling you all my stories...
Grandpa, watch over us, and continue to teach us, ok? You will never be forgotten, you were loved and admired, and you marked generations and generations to come... Rest in Peace grandpa...
Enjoy Grandpa, you now can see again, isn't that wonderful?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Carolina, I'm so sorry for your loss. Keep your memories close. I know they will comfort you.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw sweetie, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds as if your Grandpa was a truly amazing man. My very deepest condolences to you and your family.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. He's left a wonderful legacy for his family, and for you. Thank you for finding the words to share with us.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hugs hun, I am so sorry for your loss. He sounded a really truly, amazing man who really lived life to the full. I am so glad you have so many happy memories of him. xx

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry about your grandpa! But what nice memories you have to comfort you! Not to mention three beautiful kitties.

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry sorry to hear he passed. He sounded like quite an awesome person and how great to have such a special grandfather.
I love his life motto and it's so nice that he did pass peacefully at his favorite place.

Originally Posted by Carolina

His moto was the old cliche that you can only regret the things you don't do... And that if you feel in your heart that you should do something, then do it - always take the risk, err to the do, and not to the don't.

He died peacefully in his favorite place in the world - his beach house.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of
and
your way. You are lucky to have had such a man in your life.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man. You have alot of his charm and goodness in you, Caroline. Bella ans me send tons of hugs and kisses. We are so sorry for your loss.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im so sorry for your loss, having just lost mine i know how you feel, he sounds like he lead an amazing life

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am truly sorry for your loss. What a wonderful legacy he has left for his family. He was blessed to have you, a grand-daughter who loves him so dearly.
I am glad you seem peaceful about his passing. May your memories bring you much comfort in the coming months. Rest in peace dear man. You were loved.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Condolences on your great loss but congratulations on having such a wonderful role model and extraordinary granddad.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, honey, he sounds like one of a kind. How lucky you were to have him in your life!!!
and for you. Rest in peace for your grandfather!!