My Foster Cat Is Pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jasminstanley88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alright good to know...I gotta get more KMR I'm almost out. Now when I mix the wet food with the formula it's not just mixing the powder in its mixing the wet formula with the wet food?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, mix the formula with water to make milk, then mix the milk with the wet food. Let's see how that goes! :)

jasminstanley88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok. I'll start it first thing in the morning. I'm about to go to bed and they're all latched or cuddled up to momma. By the way momma is doing great. She's a little thin but she's been eating. It seems like the babies are eating so much from her she's losing more weight than she can gain.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Give her as much wet food and kitten chow as she can eat to keep her healthy for nursing! :)

jasminstanley88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Believe me I am...she has food and water out 24/7 for her. When I see her dry food get low I fill it back up. When I see her wet food gone I open another can for her. She's also only coming out of the play pen that I put up for them at night or when I'm not home. She very rarely gets out when I'm here or awake. Is that normal?

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes. She is protecting her babies. When they begin to explore she will be right there with them. My cat stayed almost exclusively with her babies. At one point she never left the spare bedroom for a solid week. She had everything she needed in there, and I would go in to see her. I could be downstairs watching TV, and she never came down. Kittens are 14 weeks old today and everybody is all over the house now! Your cat is taking her job very seriously! :)