My feelings.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

also, i can think of 2 instances where the cat just passed, no apparent reason, no prior sickness... remember
Davidson
? in addition, i read a CTB post about a cat [Baby Philo] who jumped up onto the owner's bed, meowed loudly, & died. same cat had been dancing around the owner's feet seconds earlier.
sometimes, we get no warning
those are the hardest losses to bear, IMO.
Well, that sounds like some sort of heart condition, rare. If a cat was hit by a car, wouldn't you see blood by the mouth, ears, nose, somewhere? If it was bleeding internally, it has to exit somewhere. I just feel bad about the "not knowing" part. I'm one of those "have to know" types and would bring her in for an autopsy.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

Well, that sounds like some sort of heart condition, rare. If a cat was hit by a car, wouldn't you see blood by the mouth, ears, nose, somewhere? If it was bleeding internally, it has to exit somewhere. I just feel bad about the "not knowing" part. I'm one of those "have to know" types and would bring her in for an autopsy.
That's not true at all. My husband and I previously lost a kitty, and we found him the next day completely stiff with no signs of injury whatsoever - he was a perfectly healthy kitty. We called the vet because we were in shock - he barely even left our yard when he was out, and we were so upset that he was gone.

The vet said he may have been hit by a car, and sometimes the only way you'd know was that the claws were scratched up looking from the kitty trying to get off the road away from the car.

In the end I put a few pieces together from the day before after a neighbour said they'd seen a brown snake around, and realised he'd been killed by a snake - not a mark on him.

A cat autopsy costs a lot of money, and sometimes the pain and money just isn't worth it - who wants to cut their kitty up? It won't bring them back.

Monica is grieving, maybe it's best to keep the thread as somewhere for her to talk about Chloe, rather than trying to figure out how she died? That's up to Monica.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

also, i can think of 2 instances where the cat just passed, no apparent reason, no prior sickness... remember
Davidson
? in addition, i read a CTB post about a cat [Baby Philo] who jumped up onto the owner's bed, meowed loudly, & died. same cat had been dancing around the owner's feet seconds earlier.
sometimes, we get no warning
those are the hardest losses to bear, IMO.
Originally Posted by sarahp

That's not true at all. My husband and I previously lost a kitty, and we found him the next day completely stiff with no signs of injury whatsoever - he was a perfectly healthy kitty. We called the vet because we were in shock - he barely even left our yard when he was out, and we were so upset that he was gone.

The vet said he may have been hit by a car, and sometimes the only way you'd know was that the claws were scratched up looking from the kitty trying to get off the road away from the car.

In the end I put a few pieces together from the day before after a neighbour said they'd seen a brown snake around, and realised he'd been killed by a snake - not a mark on him.

A cat autopsy costs a lot of money, and sometimes the pain and money just isn't worth it - who wants to cut their kitty up? It won't bring them back.

Monica is grieving, maybe it's best to keep the thread as somewhere for her to talk about Chloe, rather than trying to figure out how she died? That's up to Monica.
Same thing happened to my Booker. We had really no warning signs

Cats are very good at hiding thier illness, unfortunatly.