My father is passing

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
70 years of marriage is impressive, as well as the age of your father. Many prayers for you and your family

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You are all in my thoughts. I hope his passing is peaceful. 

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this...Praying for God to give the stregth to your Mom and help her through this, death even when expected is never easy. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, during this difficult time.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear about you dad. It must be so hard for the family, especially for you mum, even though he has had a long life and might be ready to go.

I remember when my dear grandmother passed a few years ago. (I know it's not the same as you dad!)  She  had been ill for a few years, was paralized on one side, leg and hand and was in a nursery home, but her head was still like a young person. She had had her life, had watched all her children and a lot of grandchildren grow up to have their own children. She had lost her husband many years ago (my granddad), and she often talked about why God wouldn't let her go and join her loving husband, as she had had a long full life and was ready to go.  I felt so bad to hear her talk about this, but realized it was so true. Of course we want the ones we love near us always, it's hard to let go, but out of respect for the one who has had their life and we love so much, we have to let go, no matter how hard it is.  I still miss my granny so much!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry!  It sounds a bit like how my Grandfather was last summer before he passed.  I know for me there was comfort knowing how poor his quality of life was and how unhappy he was; but it hurts just the same. *hugs*  You are all in my prayers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He died last night at 11.30 pm. My mother, sister and brother were with him. It was very peaceful, and my mother was comforted by that. Thank you all again for your thoughts and vibes. It is hard to let go, but in a way he had outstayed his time, and was not living a proper life. He was a widely read, widely travelled man who had had a good scientific and naval career with a large and loving family, and it was awful to see him in these last years. So we will miss him, but as the man he used to be, not the shadow he became.

Here is a pic of him with my mother planting a rose in the garden on their 90th birthday celebrations in 2004

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny i'm so sorry 

He sounds like a man who l could sit and listen tell his stories all day.

It's awful when you know what their quality of life used to be like. Are you getting a flight back to the UK?

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww. I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he had an amazing life, and to share it for so long with your mom - those are memories to hang on to and to make you smile. I pray you find strength in your family and those memories of him.

Nancy

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss.  Its hard to see one's parents quality of life change as I'm in that position now.  Remember those good memories of him. My condolences to you and your family.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny, I'm so very sorry.  My deepest condolences to your family.

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have not had to go through the pain of loosing a parent (They are nearing 70), I cannot imagine what you are going through.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, I'm very sorry for you and your family's loss. He sounds like a great man. They may not have made it to 70 years, but being married for 69-and-a-half years is absolutely amazing! What an amazing love and life they must have shared!

Many :vibes: for you and everyone who loves him, especially your mother. It's never easy to lose a loved one no matter how much you tell yourself that it was the right time to let go.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heartfelt *PRAYERS* for your father, and your mom, you, and all your father's family and loved ones.  I lost my own father in 2008 and I can relate to your comments personally.  May he have an easy transition, and may you all know that you will be with him again in due time.  He will be watching over you and always in your heart.  (O) 

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry, Jenny. 
 Wishing your father, you and your family peace. 

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So very sorry for your loss.  My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Such a beauiful picture --- looks like he was a wonderful man and I'm sure you have cherished memories.