My Dad was just admitted to the ER....need prayers please!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Heather it sounds good. I will continue to keep your Father in my thoughts and prayers

the poop dance

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

some better news: they did another cat scan, and his dr's had a peer review on it, and they are in concensus that it seems to be breaking up!
So they agreed to take him off of the tube, and put him on an all clear diet....that means water & gingerale & broth! He hasn't eaten or drank in several days now, so this is thrilling for him! He is still not going to be released from the hospital till it is all gone, but he is getting better. Thanks so much for all of your warm wishes & prayers, I believe they are working!
That's much better news!!! Still sending lots of prayers and vibes..... It's kind of hard, I know this from when my dad was in the hospital.. Y our mind is just going a 100 miles a minute,, worrying..

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone's gonna have to explain to us newbies just what the heck this 'poop dance' is...
...cuz I'm getting more & more curious by the second y'all...

Hilda>^..^<

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Someone's gonna have to explain to us newbies just what the heck this 'poop dance' is...
...cuz I'm getting more & more curious by the second y'all
Usually it's if anyones kitties havent been on their litterbox for a poop, but when they do were all so happy that we do the poop dance like this.....

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that he is feeling better! I hope his recovery continues and that he can go home soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!

oh, and Susan, I don't know how much dancing you can do, he hasn't eaten in a week, so there is not much poopy to dance for......

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending more wishes and prayers that he continues to improve throughout the weekend and can go home soon!

Hilda >^..^<

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning everyone! I am just writing with good news today! Sat morn I went to visit my dad and they had done x-rays, and his dr's signed his release! But he is still on close watch for something like that to happen again, cause they don't know what it was exactly. He is home now cause the blockage is gone! And he is so happy cause he was unable to sleep while he was there, there were a few people who screamed through the night.... They also made him get the flu shot, this way, if he has flu like symptoms, he will know it's NOT the flu and get his butt immediately to the ER. Thank you so much for all of the thoughts & prayers! I know they worked!!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good news to read-I hope he can get some rest at home!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Yay!!! pops is blockage free

That's great news Heather. Tell him to have some stewed prunes and custard to keep him regular
He already eats that "Activa" yogurt....
And he was most happy about being able to shower.....they didn't have a shower in his room at the hospital.....

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

And he was most happy about being able to shower.....they didn't have a shower in his room at the hospital.....
That in itself would make him feel a whole lot better, i know it does me if i've been under the weather.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I am now just being able to read this whole thread. I am glad to hear he is doing so much better and I think you did wonderfully at staying calm after the first few posts!!
Kitters and I are sending him many keep getting better vibes!!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Well, I am now just being able to read this whole thread. I am glad to hear he is doing so much better and I think you did wonderfully at staying calm after the first few posts!!
Kitters and I are sending him many keep getting better vibes!!!!
Thanks Jill!
They made sure to give him the flu shot, and said they want him to get it every year now. The main problem was he thought he had the flu....vomitting & fever, & lathargic & all. He was sent home from the hospital the 1st time, after tests came back clear.... so now, if he gets any of those syptoms he is not to assume he just has a bug....