My Dad was just admitted to the ER....need prayers please!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Heather i've just got to see this now
I really hope he has a bowel movement soon, but tell your dad that when he does we'll all do the famous TCS happy poop dance!!
I forgot about the poop dance! We haven't had to do that in a long time!

Hope your Dad is feeling better today, Heather!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Healthy vibes still whizzing to your Dad
glad to hear they know what the problem is and can get treating it now

You take care too...........

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad that they found out what it was, I am still sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you and your family. I hope he gets better real quick.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad they found out what was causing the problem! I really hope they don't have to resort to surgery, here's hoping that it clears without that!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Glad to hear he wasn't having a heart attack. Sending lots of good vibes his way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Heather i've just got to see this now I really hope he has a bowel movement soon, but tell your dad that when he does we'll all do the famous TCS happy poop dance!!
Susan, thanks so much for that laugh!!!

Ok, so the thing is, they don't know that's it's waste that's causing the blockage.... he has gone to the bathroom in the last week, so some waste is getting through.... and the cat scan can't tell what IT is, all they can see is the white outline of the blockage.... they said it could be a lump (unknown what kind of lump
), a pollup, a cyst, this "webbing" stuff that's tissue that forms in a web, or something that didn't break down and is lodged in his small intestines, or it could be some type of waste that is lodged as well. He was swollen up big time, from all the stomach gases and stuff, it was pressing against his lungs and ribs & all, causing breathing issues. They inserted this thin tube up his nose, down his throat and into his intestines to relieve the pressure, now he is only 7 mos pregnant...
But that relief and the morphine is what's causing him to be better, cause now he can tolerate the pain, and breathe, and there is not so much crushing his organs in there.... they are still undecided on surgery, if he can pass it himself, they want him to do that.....no matter what it is....if it doesn't pass (like a lump or cyst) they will have to operate.... He seemed to be in good spirits though (since the morphine drip!), and I had him crackin' up all night....I told him next time he wants a nose piercing go with a hoop not a tube!
And then we were comparing pregnant bellies to my SIL (who's 8 mos pg)....he got a kick out of that.... I brought him a portable dvd player so that he can watch movies while he's in there, and the only movies I had were Bewitched and the Bad News Bears!
Hey, I have a kid!
He dictated a list of his Steelers dvds that he wanted my mom to grab from home & bring in for him... I am relieved cause now he seems strong enough to fight back. But it's still so dangerous anytime someone has surgery... (my grampa died from routine surgery, he couldn't breathe off of the respirator
) I'll let you all know as soon as I hear something.
to you all, and thanks again so much for all of the care & concern & prayers, I greatly appreciate it.
you guys are the greatest, really.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm am just reading this now. I hope that your dad become unblocked by whatever method works!! Sending some "get unblocked" vibe sto you and your family.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

. Now they have a tube in his nose that goes into his intestines, it is pumping all the gases and bad stuff from his body out into a container.... gross, I know. But it is relieving a ton of pressure in his body, he was swollen bigger than a 9month pregnant woman, and he could barely breathe from it, so now he can breathe, and with the morphine he is not in as much pain....
my mom suffers from megacolon, aka Hirschprung's disease, & was never treated as a child. she occasionally has either blockages or what the doctors call a 'pseudo-blockage'. sounds like it's not a real blockage from the name, but they said what it means is the body reacts like there's a blockage but they can't really determine that there is one. she's had the naso-gastric tube thing before, too - the last time, that's all they did - the pseudo-blockage thing cleared on its own.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Laureen & Gail!

I just got off the phone with my mom, she was running back & forth between the offices & the hospital. She said that they did another catscan this afternoon and it looks like it is getting smaller, so as of right now no surgery!
But he is not out of the woods yet... I believe that all these prayers & vibes are working! Thank you so much for squeezing my dad into your list of people to root for!
I am waiting to talk to him now....I called his room, and he was "indisposed"
so I have to call back!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
some better news: they did another cat scan, and his dr's had a peer review on it, and they are in concensus that it seems to be breaking up!
So they agreed to take him off of the tube, and put him on an all clear diet....that means water & gingerale & broth! He hasn't eaten or drank in several days now, so this is thrilling for him! He is still not going to be released from the hospital till it is all gone, but he is getting better. Thanks so much for all of your warm wishes & prayers, I believe they are working!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful news! I will keep praying for him. The sooner he gets out of there the better!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no.........the poop dance????
I thought we'd seen the last of that Chick! Now, make sure your wearing two pairs of knickers this time, ok???

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too am only getting to your post now...so much to read here. I'm so sorry about what your dad has had to endure to this point but it looks like he's on the mend...thank goodness! I too send my good thoughts and prayers in your direction Heather.

Take care...
Hilda >^..^<