My Cats Are Bored

cottagekat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hoping to get suggestions for amusing hard to entertain cats. I have 3 adult cats who are clearly bored, but don't like anything I offer. It's

worse now because the temps are dropping and the windows are closed so not much outside stimulation. I wanted to get a kitten to bring some young energy into the house. Turns out one of my cats tested high on a Corona Virus titer so the vet said I should not get any more cats. Have mixed feelings about that, but for now I won't. Tried Da Bird, have all the attachments. It gets the best response, but they only play for 5 minutes or so. Have a laser, one like it for years, but is over it. Various ball and little stuffed catnip toys get used on occasion. Has anyone tried the battery operated interactive toys?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cousin's cat has a battery operated mouse.  I'm not really sure how well she likes it at this age (I think she is somewhere around 7 years old.)

The favorite toys in my house are still the most simple ones; milk rings and mylar balls.  I do try to rotate some of the other things we have out; but the milk rings and mylar balls are the most consistent favorites.  Some cats enjoy cat puzzle/games or treat balls but I've not tried them.  

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cottagekat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the links to the articles. Lots of great suggestions there.