My cat loves it when I say.....??

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does your cat love to hear from you??

There was another thread that made me think this would be a fun idea!

Fiona likes it when I call her a "superstar" and she is playing with her mice or ball. She gets all frisky and riled up!

Ree Ree likes it when I say "Oh ReeRee!!" he gets all squinty eyed and rolls around on his back all happy.

We already established in the other thread (My cat is Latino) that Rocko likes it when I call him a good boy in spanish.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

What does your cat love to hear from you??

There was another thread that made me think this would be a fun idea!

Fiona likes it when I call her a "superstar" and she is playing with her mice or ball. She gets all frisky and riled up!

Ree Ree likes it when I say "Oh ReeRee!!" he gets all squinty eyed and rolls around on his back all happy.

We already established in the other thread (My cat is Latino) that Rocko likes it when I call him a good boy in spanish.
All you have to do around Persi to make him very happy is mention the word cheese!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I have to do is say "It's time for treats, babies" and I see three little furry bodies come running from all over the house

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"want some goodies?" or "goodies for you, baby!". She'll be dashing to me

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my cats get all excited when we ask "are you hungry?" (The answer always seems to be YES!
)

Tailer purrs whenever we say his name, and when I tell Forest he's a "pretty kitty" he'll flop onto his back for a belly rub.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Snacks!" will turn the two of them from furry couch potatoes into furry ballistic missiles.
Other than that, "Belly belly belly" said in, of course, goofy baby talk voice, will get my Ginger to roll over

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do I detect a trend here?
Butzie loves it when I say, "nummies," and "Want to go out?"
Also, she like it when I call her "Butzala" because then she knows that it is loving time.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All your kitties are so funny! My cats seldom responded to the things I said, but rather the tone. If I used an excited tone they'd know its time to play. Wukong used to get excited when I said "cockroach!" cos he knew that meant there was a nasty critter in the house that ran around in a more alluring way when batted

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty! Come here, girls!" That means "Hey, I have something to give you!"

To Polly, I say, "Chicken! Let's play!" and she purrs and coos and jumps around looking for the nearest toy.
(Chicken or Chicken Noodle are some of her nicknames.)

If I tell Molly, "Oh, how's my beautiful girl?" she comes and purrs and kneads me. If I'm reading she lies down on my book so I can't read a word.

There are tons more things they respond to, but I couldn't list them all.

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
this is about my Dog but when ever someone says Twinkie he goes NUTS!! We think the people who had him before us fed him Twinkies.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Elsa loves it when I say, "I'm gonna get you!!!" she immediately rolls on her back for tummy rubs. It's quite handy since she sometimes goes out into the front yard and I need to catch her to get her inside.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine don't really respond to words, only sounds e.g. the sound of their food box being shaken
They sure know what that means...