My cat literally slashed my mother - Please Help :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cadbury went psycho because there was a beetle that had flown inside the other night. Oh my...almost couldn't stop him. No bug stands a chance here. I had to catch it too because I worry about the same thing....it may have come from somewhere and have poison on it. He was not happy that I removed his prey!
Yeah... be careful with that.. You don't want to face the same that happened in my case... Although, what I've noticed, if you catch a bug that they have their eye on, OK they don't like it but they don't get aggressive...

BUT if you get scared from the bug and kill it screaming "BLOODY MURDER", yeah.. that'll do it.. It's what they pick up from you, mainly.

I have held Grizzly back several times from attacking some "doubtful" insect and I kill it myself or drive it out from the window. He doesn't get that upset.. Mostly "confused" I guess. But when the other night, me and my mother chased a roach (I had mentioned that in a previous post), he got anxious from the whole commotion and he got into "charged" mode... Arched back, making voices, face down - eyes up etc.. 

That was a good indication as to what had happened when he attacked my mother.. The poor woman got anxious to save Stevie (one of the budgies) and Grizzly misinterpreted it.

I hate losing pets to death.. Let alone losing them cause they might kill each other. Especially Stevie. He's not old enough to know how to defend himself against Grizzly. Conan on the other hand squawks and starts threatening with his beak.. So Grizzly is like 
.. I would really like for Conan to bite Grizzly once, just to see how much it hurts.. That would prevent Grizzly from making further attempts.. But it has never happened..

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no idea how clean cockroaches were. I used to feed them to my tarantula since I hate them so much. There is something oh so satisfying about hearing her crunch their shells. 

I feel like this thread has gotten so off topic. 

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had no idea how clean cockroaches were. I used to feed them to my tarantula since I hate them so much. There is something oh so satisfying about hearing her crunch their shells. 

I feel like this thread has gotten so off topic. :D
It's not off topic! All in reference eventually to Grizzly. Even the cockroaches! See:

But when the other night, me and my mother chased a roach (I had mentioned that in a previous post), he got anxious from the whole commotion and he got into "charged" mode... Arched back, making voices, face down - eyes up etc.. 

That was a good indication as to what had happened when he attacked my mother.. The poor woman got anxious to save Stevie (one of the budgies) and Grizzly misinterpreted it.
:D

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't get me wrong, I love it. 
 We don't have wild cockroaches where I live so my cats are stuck with moths and ants to chase.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eclipse likes to chase crickets and grasshopper when he can.  It takes him forever to catch, play with and eat them.  All while I am at the other end of the leash trying not to be grossed out.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"oh so satisfying about hearing her crunch their shells", @NewYork1303?? Really?? THIS is the  exact thing I hate the most about roaches and the one I try to avoid hearing. That's why I wake up my mother all the time.. I have woken her up at 03:00 in the morning to kill that freaky thing! 

It's better to be stuck with moths and ants, believe me.. 

But if you are interested, I bet @KKoerner  can hook you up  with some very interesting roaches.. 

@Handsome Kitty  Grizzly loves to chase crickets too! But he never gets them.. He can hear them, but never gets to find them... 
 Sometimes I am worried that maybe Godzilla will attack the city and Grizzly will be looking for him, only to realise he'd be sniffing around his feet the whole time and Godzilla would stare at him from the beginning..

It's my all time classic question. How on earth do they hear the first "click" of a can being opened at 15 miles' distance and they cannot detect the treat that is right between their paws?? 

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"oh so satisfying about hearing her crunch their shells", @NewYork1303
?? Really?? 
THIS is the exact thing I hate the most about roaches and the one I try to avoid hearing. That's why I wake up my mother all the time.. I have woken her up at 03:00 in the morning to kill that freaky thing! 

It's better to be stuck with moths and ants, believe me.. 

But if you are interested, I bet @KKoerner
 can hook you up with some very interesting roaches.. :eyebrows:

@Handsome Kitty
 Grizzly loves to chase crickets too! But he never gets them.. He can hear them, but never gets to find them... :paranoid:  Sometimes I am worried that maybe Godzilla will attack the city and Grizzly will be looking for him, only to realise he'd be sniffing around his feet the whole time and Godzilla would stare at him from the beginning..

It's my all time classic question. How on earth do they hear the first "click" of a can being opened at 15 miles' distance and they cannot detect the treat that is right between their paws?? :frusty:
Hahaha! It was YEARS ago that I got those for that little boy.

I HATE HATE HATE the sound of beetles or roaches crunching. I make my husband take them far away from me if he is going to do that. YUCK! LOL

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, someone probably already mentioned that his attacking your mom was probably misdirected aggression. They get worked up at something else and then are just mad and pumping adrenaline and will go for anything, anyone. I learned this the hard way when I tried having a house call vet do my cats' checkups and one cat thought he had to save the other (who was being a scaredy-cat
 ) from a rabies vaccine and so attacked the vet who got out of the apartment and then came for me.

I would suggest having your mom do that wiggle-your-finger-under-the-door-thing that gets cats to play with our fingers and have her talk to him in a playful voice, using his name. 

Last edited:

siamiam2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well Kkoerner..?I've never been to Madagascar but if I did I think I'd be scared to go outside when its hot. Although...is it ever cool or coldvout there?

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi, someone probably already mentioned that his attacking your mom was probably misdirected aggression. They get worked up at something else and then are just mad and pumping adrenaline and will go for anything, anyone. I learned this the hard way when I tried having a house call vet do my cats' checkups and one cat thought he had to save the other (who was being a scaredy-cat
 ) from a rabies vaccine and so attacked the vet who got out of the apartment and then came for me.

I would suggest having your mom do that wiggle-your-finger-under-the-door-thing that gets cats to play with our fingers and have her talk to him in a playful voice, using his name. 
Yes, @Brokenheart  someone did mention it.. It was me! 
 Although, I don't remember if someone else mentioned it as well.. Yeah, they do that some times.. They lash out on anyone just to unleash that packed up fear and energy they're feeling at that moment.. Right now, to tell you the truth, I might experiece it.. 

There's some idiot at the Acropolis Museum who is preparing to do some kind of repair on the building? I'm not sure. And he's been clanging metals and stuff all morning.. Grizzly has been actually growling on and off for almost 1,5 hour now.. I try to act cool, like it's nothing to be scared about and walk around the appartment like I don't care.. But he seems to be really scared of those noises.. I tried petting him but he was the personalization of indifference.. I petted him and he stared at the window 
 So I let him be.. 

I won't be surprised if he tries to make a move at me later in the day.. We'll see.. I'll start conducting my will, just in case! 

Last edited by a moderator:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you still have some Xanax for him, then I strongly suggest that you give him a dose today. There's no reason to let him get mega stressed if it can be avoided.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you still have some Xanax for him, then I strongly suggest that you give him a dose today. There's no reason to let him get mega stressed if it can be avoided.
Hmmm... Why didn't I think of that?? 
You are totally right! Right now he's gone off to bed, but as soon as he wakes up I'll prepare him something to eat with Xanax.

Thanks @Columbine!

(Still can't believe I didn't think of that 
)

siamiam2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Annabel doesn't care much for noise but what you're talking about could be called disturbing the peace. Unless they stop at 5 pm and start at 7 or something like that. Work on a museum is not typical, somebody got a job, or a bunch of some bodies. Annabel mostly ignores the noise but obviously Grizzly can not. Is there a phone # for the city that you can call and maybe they can tone it down a half dozen notches or tell you how long it'll be going on for?

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@siamiam2   they're reconstructing something that appears to be the exterior of the ventilation system of the museum..? I think! 

According to Greek Law, they can begin making noise at 7 in the morning, stop at 2:30 at noon and then begin again at 5:30 afternoon untill 11 at night. BUT I don't think they'll keep it up untill the night time. Workers won't do that long of a shift. Prolly leave it like that at 7 in the evening and come back tomorrow, if they haven't fully completed what they're doing. 

So even if I can call the city, they'll tell me the same thing. I moved here when the Museum was still being constructed. You can imagine the noise and the dust I had to cope with, at that time.. But Grizzly wasn't even an idea back then 

Right now, he's just hiding under my bed.. I managed to lure him out to play with me.. We played a little and he quit. Sat beside me for a while and "BACK TO THE BAT-CAVE!" 
 Oh, well. This too shall pass.. Just another day in Athens.. 

siamiam2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Isn't it...to say the very least...immoral to bang like you really mean it itl 11 pm? Break or no break, fun artifacts or no fun artifacts..compassion and tact go a long way. That's stunning in a modern society. Who would think it?[emoji]128520[/emoji] really. Tourists are revenue but society is bread and butter on a daily basis. As for Grizzly? It's nice he plays. Annabel won't touch catnip any more, won't rip up boxes anymore so I don't know what to do for her to play but? I am gonna buy incense to smell up the apt. and hope it helps her.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@siamiam2  You are totally right about that. Sometimes they show no respect at the fact that, OK, it is the Museum, but there are several dozens of people that live in the surrounding streets.. And they have nothing to gain by the presence of the Museum. Some of us were born in this region and we don't want to leave. We don't make any profits out of the Museum.. So, we are just put up with a lot of stuff.. 

On the other hand it's nice to see all these different people, from different cultures to visit the area.. 

Last edited by a moderator:

siamiam2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes it would be nice to see visitors but I don't think you have anything to gain or lose, children are the first ones to be taken to museums on field trips. I live in a very xenophobic environment. Culture is shunned by them, counter to American values. They do have one museum whereas N.J is full of that and more. You locals have no use for the traffic it creates but the visitors benefit so I guess they win this one. I'm just sorry you and Grizzly and your mother are adversely affected by the renovations. Respect would be nice.