My cat literally slashed my mother - Please Help :(

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My only concern is the "poached eggs."  Just be sure you give him only the yokes.  There's something in the egg white that can harm cats.  
Raw egg whites are mostly water, so there is very little nutritional value in them; however, they can harbor nasty little things like E. Coli and Salmonella. 

Disease aside, raw egg whites contain avidin, an enzyme that hinders the absorption of biotin, a B vitamin necessary for healthy skin and hair. That isn't a consideration with raw egg yolks, though.

Both egg white and yolk are completely safe as long as they are cooked. I've attempted plain scrambled eggs and neither of my cats cared for it. They just looked at the plate, then at me, and rolled their eyes and walked off giving me a glare that clearly said, "I thought you said you could cook?". 

They readily change their minds when it comes to cooked chicken breast though. The picky little brats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We don't have a bag of treats, actually.. Grizzly's treats don't come out of a bag. We cook them. Poached, turkey or chicken, poached eggs etc.. Sometimes we give him turkey slices we buy from the supermarket, which we use to make sandwiches, pizzas etc..

So, I can practically hide nothing.. They are ready, cooked and kept in the fridge.. So my mother either just gets up and goes to the fridge, or she already has them near her and gives them to Grizzly.. 

I told her about the vomit and the diarrhea and about not giving him any milk at all, from now on. When I buy some lactose free or goat milk, I'll give him some..  Of course, she insisted that I'm making up his intollerance to milk.. Like.. it wasn't her fault he's been like this since noon.. 

Thankfully now, he is asleep.. He hasn't manifested anything weird the last few hours.. We'll see... 

My only concern is the "poached eggs."  Just be sure you give him only the yokes.  There's something in the egg white that can harm cats.  

Cooked egg whites are ok.  It raw egg whites that can cause problems.
Thanks both of you for the warning 

Yes, I always poach the eggs.. NEVER give them raw.. At first I gave him only the yolk - because I've read that it is good for his fur. But later on, Grizzly was sticking his face in the white too.. 
 So, now I give him a whole egg and he devours most of
 it.. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Raw egg whites are mostly water, so there is very little nutritional value in them; however, they can harbor nasty little things like E. Coli and Salmonella. 

Disease aside, raw egg whites contain avidin, an enzyme that hinders the absorption of biotin, a B vitamin necessary for healthy skin and hair. That isn't a consideration with raw egg yolks, though.

Both egg white and yolk are completely safe as long as they are cooked. I've attempted plain scrambled eggs and neither of my cats cared for it. They just looked at the plate, then at me, and rolled their eyes and walked off giving me a glare that clearly said, "I thought you said you could cook?". 

They readily change their minds when it comes to cooked chicken breast though. The picky little brats!
@Fyllis  I used to give Grizzly some scrambled eggs, but I think he got tired of them? Or.. I don't know. He ate like 3-4 times and then he wouldn't eat them anymore.. So, one morning, I didn't have any descent materials to prepare me a breakfast, so I just poached an egg to eat.. And he "assulted" it.. There was none left for me 
 And, damn it, I was really hungry! So, that's how poached eggs became his new "sensation".. Plus, he takes the shell of the egg and plays with it through the entire floor.. 

He has stolen raw egg from my hands, just to drop it on the floor to play soccer with it.. Yeah.. That's why I clean so often... 

BTW: How is Conan? Hope the little guy is feeling better. Hugs to beautiful Grizzly, farts and all!
Conan seems to be better, @Margd  thank you! 
 Tomorrow I'll be giving him his next round of medicine.. He's been eating and chirping much more than a week ago and Stevie has been a great support to him 
 I thing they'll both hate me tomorrow, cause I am going to sterilize their cages and give them medicine - I'll give Stevie some medicine, as well cause I suspect he has mites too.. but in a much smaller scale..

They always hate me when I clean the cages but they love me back again, once I fill them with vitamine treats, fruits etc 
 They're my litlle dinos.. heheh!