My Cat Is Throwing Up :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes be careful when you change diet etc .. I once ran out of Garcie's RC over a bank holiday and made the mistake of one can of another brand won't hurt ! Big mistake, she was violently sick and after 2 injections at £45 later she was fine! If I ever run out of her food prior to Internet delivery I will boil chicken or whatever White fish !!!
but it is fine if they were tired and out of energy after the injections ?
because they are sleeping the whole day :(

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes. It is very, very important the cat must eat. I have read so much about them esp on TCS . One thing I find most cases is cat refuses to eat due to many underlying health issues. That is one of my most 2 fears. The 2nd fear is chronic diarrhoea.
the first cat who was sick at the beginning didn't want to eat anything, she's laying down
trying to give her but she's tired

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They will be tired after injections ! How long did the vet say to leave it before they eat again ?

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ف
They will be tired after injections ! How long did the vet say to leave it before they eat again ?
he said they won't eat, a tried to give them food but they refused eating anything even water
one of them threw up again before minute ago

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But how long did be say not to give them food for ? If vet said they won't eat for a while don't force them

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But how long did be say not to give them food for ? If vet said they won't eat for a while don't force them
he didn't, I asked him if i should give them food, he said no wait for two hours, but they will be tired and they will not eat . .

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think I can do more
I GIVE UP

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I can do more
I GIVE UP
Oh, bless your heart. I wish I knew what to tell you to help you feel better. (((((HUGS)))))

Sometimes cats will eat baby food when they don't feel well and have turned their noses up at everything else. It's obviously not a balanced food that you'd want to feed them every day, but it can help to provide some nutrients and fluids to help tide them over for a little while until they feel well enough to eat their regular food.

Just check the labels to make sure the baby food doesn't contain any garlic or onion products. We always keep some Gerber chicken with gravy on hand in case of emergencies, but Beechnut is also a good choice.

Sending lots of hugs and good vibes your way. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Do you have a butcher shop nearby? Try some chicken liver or other meat lightly boiled. My girl loves raw livers. How about scrambled eggs? Did you boil some chicken and mash it up so they can eat it?

Do you have meat babyfood?? My girls love turkey type.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I also looked up side effects from that shot=looks like it could cause sleepiness. Did they do sub fluids at all? Can you ask them to do this? This is a saline solution injected just below the skin like a bubble-it helps to keep the cat hydrated. Sick kitties get this done usually 2 or 3 times a week until they recover from whatever is going on. You can ask to learn to administer at home. One bag of fluids would give you 5 to 10 doses of fluids-maybe an option.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: Hang in there M moan . You can do this, and you can get your kitties through this too. It's normal for them to be tired after a vet visit. The stress alone can do that, then they're dealing with the meds side effects on top.

If they're drinking well that's one less thing to worry about. Water is all they need to drink, in any case. Wait the time the vet said, and then offer them a small amount of food, maybe warmed a little to make it extra tempting. If that doesn't work, then chicken, scrambled eggs or plain meat baby foods are all good options to try. I'm not sure this is the time to start offering raw food though, especially if they're still vomiting, so give the raw liver a miss for now ;)

Don't force them to eat, especially if they're still being sick. If there's no improvement by morning, call the vet again. I know its hard, but try to keep yourself as calm as possible. Your cats need you to be calm and strong for them right now :hugs:. Tons of vibes for you all :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I gave them their medicine and some food using the syringe + water
I'll wait until I give them another dose later on

Trying to be calm and strong for them and for you friends :redheartpump:

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also looked up side effects from that shot=looks like it could cause sleepiness. Did they do sub fluids at all? Can you ask them to do this? This is a saline solution injected just below the skin like a bubble-it helps to keep the cat hydrated. Sick kitties get this done usually 2 or 3 times a week until they recover from whatever is going on. You can ask to learn to administer at home. One bag of fluids would give you 5 to 10 doses of fluids-maybe an option.
Last time they gave me something similar to it, and it helped a lot to save my kitten, wich is a powder that we mix with water

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
new weird update
:(
guys when I gave one of the kittens her medicine there was blood "pink" coming out of her mouth

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh please cAll vets ! I know they've been and had injections however did they say what was wrong with them ?

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh please cAll vets ! I know they've been and had injections however did they say what was wrong with them ?
they said that they may have an infection in their stomach, no big deal in other word . .

I will stop giving them their medicine and take them to another trustful vet

Becuase, I think the first kitten who had diarrhea, was sick, but the other kitten felt sad for her, as a depression

I will take the first kitten to do another checkup

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found that they are hungry and scream for food, but when they smell it the move away
what should I do ? I tried many brands and flavors

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Final Update :

My cats are fine now :hyper: