My Cat Is Throwing Up :(

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi

I posted while ago that my 6 months cat had diarrhea, a found that today she threw up twice, a clear liquid

What should I do?
last time a changed her food to the once that she likes the most

Ashley Guadarrama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The clear liquid is bile. You should really take your kitten to the vet to get her checked up.

Oscar&Copper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Clear liquid is likely bile, so she threw up on an empty stomach. If it were me I'd call my vet tomorrow and see what they have to say as I'm not sure what could be causing it. Until then, make sure she stays hydrated. A combination of diarrhea and vomiting is an easy way to dehydrate quickly.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you give more details about the circumstances? What time of day was it, how long after eating, how she seems in herself (is she acting normally or does she seem subdued?), any sign of stomach upset (loose stools etc), was there any hair in the liquid (its shedding, and therefore hairball, season, after all :winkcat: ) etc etc. The more information we have, the easier it is to help :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is 2 AM in the morning here, I stopped giving her food today only, and she's asking for food, but there is no food :(((
it scares me, I don't want to loose her

I always give her wet food, she drank some water before few minutes but she's asking for food

I talked to the vet to take an appointment for tomorrow

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
th
Can you give more details about the circumstances? What time of day was it, how long after eating, how she seems in herself (is she acting normally or does she seem subdued?), any sign of stomach upset (loose stools etc), was there any hair in the liquid (its shedding, and therefore hairball, season, after all :winkcat: ) etc etc. The more information we have, the easier it is to help :wink:

there is no hair, just foam

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
should I do a blood test ?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand. What do you mean by there is no food?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she eaten anything at all today? If not, that could be why she is vomiting up bile or foam. My cats could never go that long without eating.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only your vet can say whether a blood test is needed or not. Sometimes vomiting bile is because of hyperacidity in the stomach, often caused by not eating for some time (some, usually more sensitive, cats get this first thing in the morning if they don't have food available overnight). However, if she's got a bug or other tummy upset of some sort, withholding food is definitely the right thing to do in the (very) short term. I'd never want to go more than 24hrs though, unless a vet specifically said otherwise.

Do you have any plain chicken? Absolutely plain cooked chicken is very easy on the tummy, and a little of that might help settle her a little, especially as she's asking for food. Plain scrambled eggs (no dairy or seasonings added) are very gentle too, as is plain cooked white fish. These are all foods that my vet suggests when a 'light diet' is required, such as following an operation. Provided that her poop is relatively normal and she's well in herself, I can't see any harm in offering her a small amount of one of these foods.

Do call the vet in the morning, at least for a phone consultation. Try not to worry. Young cats are pretty resilient, and I very much doubt that you're going to lose her. She likely just has a stomach upset or a bug, or maybe parasites or a food allergy. All of these things are very treatable or manageable. I'm sure she'll be just fine once you find and treat the root cause. Hang in there :hugs::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can i ask what is the best cat food? is the one in cans or the jelly one

I would like to order for them from Royal Canin

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Only your vet can say whether a blood test is needed or not. Sometimes vomiting bile is because of hyperacidity in the stomach, often caused by not eating for some time (some, usually more sensitive, cats get this first thing in the morning if they don't have food available overnight). However, if she's got a bug or other tummy upset of some sort, withholding food is definitely the right thing to do in the (very) short term. I'd never want to go more than 24hrs though, unless a vet specifically said otherwise.

Do you have any plain chicken? Absolutely plain cooked chicken is very easy on the tummy, and a little of that might help settle her a little, especially as she's asking for food. Plain scrambled eggs (no dairy or seasonings added) are very gentle too, as is plain cooked white fish. These are all foods that my vet suggests when a 'light diet' is required, such as following an operation. Provided that her poop is relatively normal and she's well in herself, I can't see any harm in offering her a small amount of one of these foods.

Do call the vet in the morning, at least for a phone consultation. Try not to worry. Young cats are pretty resilient, and I very much doubt that you're going to lose her. She likely just has a stomach upset or a bug, or maybe parasites or a food allergy. All of these things are very treatable or manageable. I'm sure she'll be just fine once you find and treat the root cause. Hang in there :hugs::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

You helped me a lot , it makes feel better hearing that its common
at first I'll buy her some food in the morning I'll see if she gonna eat
I will get an appointment for her, surely they don't have any at the same day, but sent for them an email

Thank you so much

Oscar&Copper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You'd be surprised how quickly the vet can fit in a sick pet. I've shown up at opening time with no previous warning to them and was seen immediately.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten always used to sick and I was always beside myself! She can't eat any cat food with jelly or gravy and has royal canin gastro intensal . Boiled chicken will do it and when she goes to the they should give her an anti sickness injection and take her temperature . What did she last eat ? When she goes to the vet I mean. Tell them she is being sick and they usually do same day appoint so they can give anti sickness jab !

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten always used to sick and I was always beside myself! She can't eat any cat food with jelly or gravy and has royal canin gastro intensal . Boiled chicken will do it and when she goes to the they should give her an anti sickness injection and take her temperature . What did she last eat ?
I guess the gave her this morning a wet food"whiskas" I hid it, because she hates this type of food
that is why I am going to try Royal Canin

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Basically, I'd avoid anything that has the word 'sauce' or 'gravy' (loaf in sauce or pouches in gravy/sauce). The sauces/gravies contain grains to thicken them, and it's generally better to avoid these if you can. Plain pates or chunks in jelly tend to have fewer (if any) grains or starches, making them a better choice. Having said that, ultimately the best food for your cat is the one that she will happily eat. It doesn't matter how great the food is if it stays in the food bowl :winkcat:

In general, I find the Royal Canin foods to be pretty overpriced for what they are. Which country are you in? Someone may know of other good options for you to consider :)

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Basically, I'd avoid anything that has the word 'sauce' or 'gravy' (loaf in sauce or pouches in gravy/sauce). The sauces/gravies contain grains to thicken them, and it's generally better to avoid these if you can. Plain pates or chunks in jelly tend to have fewer (if any) grains or starches, making them a better choice. Having said that, ultimately the best food for your cat is the one that she will happily eat. It doesn't matter how great the food is if it stays in the food bowl :winkcat:

In general, I find the Royal Canin foods to be pretty overpriced for what they are. Which country are you in? Someone may know of other good options for you to consider :)

I am from UAE " United Arab Emiratis " - Dubai

it's really expensive, but I want to get for them the best options that I have
are there any better companies ?