My Cat Is Throwing Up :(

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess the gave her this morning a wet food"whiskas" I hid it, because she hates this type of food
that is why I am going to try Royal Canin
Oh gosh whiskas made mine so Ill ! Vet said its like giving your kitten McDonald's ! Royal canin can be expensive however thats only cat food she can stomach literally . I buy it from the internet so it works out 70p a sachet as opposed to double that at vets .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: she drinks only water

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh whiskas made mine so Ill ! Vet said its like giving your kitten McDonald's ! Royal canin can be expensive however thats only cat food she can stomach literally . I buy it from the internet so it works out 70p a sachet as opposed to double that at vets .
Which means I have to buy it ?
because I lost two kittens for the same problem
Later on, I got for them expensive food which lasts one day " 6 cans " , this is horrible

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please take her to the vets they will be able to give her the jabs and advise on what food she should eat . I'm concerned you have lost 2 kittens before ..

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please take her to the vets they will be able to give her the jabs and advise on what food she should eat . I'm concerned you have lost 2 kittens before ..
it was before 4 months or 5 months, the weather was cold and they caught a virus
then I gave them vaccination " the left kittens "

Sallysoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, ask the vet. Cats are individuals and are different from one another. It is very, very important that the cat eats. Beside the type not only it wants to eat but also suits him/her. My kitty loves food but can't take any type as he will gets diarrhoea after that. He can't take seafood too. Only poultry.

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, ask the vet. Cats are individuals and are different from one another. It is very, very important that the cat eats. Beside the type not only it wants to eat but also suits him/her. My kitty loves food but can't take any type as he will gets diarrhoea after that. He can't take seafood too. Only poultry.

My cat too, she can't eat the jelly type of food, not like others !
she got diarrhea

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a lot of scaremongering these days about food brands, imo. Yes, Whiskas isn't the best food, but the wet in particular isn't too bad. My childhood cats all got fed Whiskas and similar brands, and they all lived long, healthy lives (with the exception of the a couple of the ex strays who were FIV+, but that certainly wasn't the food's fault ;) ). Sure, it's not my food of choice these days, but it's not the end of the world. The dry food, however, isn't good imo.

Back to the topic in hand... :wink:

Have you come across this site M moan : Cat Supplies & Products - All Cat Supplies You Need I don't know how the prices compare to your current suppliers, but they have some really great brands. My girl ADORES Nature's Menu, for example, and it's a little cheaper than the Royal Canin Instinctive too :D Thrive is another favourite here (my old boy regularly refused to eat anything else!), but it is a LOT more expensive. Lily's Kitchen is good too, and again is a reasonable price (using their RC Instinctive price as a comparison). A lot of the US members here like Ziwipeak, but again, that seems expensive for you there. I've not come across NuTripe before, but the ingredients look ok, and the price is good atm.

Dry brands I like from that site are Applaws, Orijin, Thrive, Lily's Kitchen, Acana and Arden Grange. I've only tried the Applaws myself (well, Asha has ;) ), but it's a firm favourite here.

I won't keep on about this now, as this is primarily about getting your girl well, but these articles should help you in choosing foods to try out:-
How To Choose The Right Food For Your Cat
What Makes The Best Canned Cat Food?
How To Choose The Best Dry Cat Food?
Grain-free Cat Food – What Does It Mean?
A Scientific Take On Cat Nutrition By Dr. Rachel Boltz

Incidentally, I, along with many members here, buy the majority of my cat food online. It's generally cheaper, and gives access to lots more brands, especially higher quality ones ;) I found the site above by googling 'cat food Dubai'. Several more sites came up too, so it might be worth spending some time browsing at some point :geekcat:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat too, she can't eat the jelly type of food, not like others !
she got diarrhea
Well, if she can't stomach the jelly foods, then it makes sense to steer clear of them, at least in whichever brand that was. If she gets an upset tummy, then the food is no good for her, no matter how good of a food it may be 'on paper' ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Columbine. I feed the cheaper wet foods and my cats have had no problems. They won't eat 9Lives or store brand though. Now dry food is a whole other subject, I've had nothing but problems with it and have to measure it out. I've even had problems with the Grain Free dry foods that everyone raves about. I can't feed all canned because it's too expensive and my cats love their kibble. So I feed about half canned and half dry.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish my kitten could eat cheap food believe me after lots of experimenting , trips to the vets, sickness I found food she can eat !! She can't even eat Royal Canin normal food has to be gastro one ! Every cat is different and you have to feed what's best for them ! Moans kitten may just need an anti sickness jab, some boiled chicken and a discussion with vet about her food options

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they refused eating anything, my other kitten got the same issue

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you manage to get a vets appointment?
Yes, got them to the vet, didn't sleep since yesterday too.

He gave them 2 injections + Metrolag ' Metronidazole ' for diarrhea + wet food
I hope they will be fine until tomorrow

Sallysoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great. Thxs for the updates. Hope they will get better soon. Did the vet mention anything? How about food wise, etc?

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my cats went crazy after the injections :lol:

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great. Thxs for the updates. Hope they will get better soon. Did the vet mention anything? How about food wise, etc?
He said something about the change in food, in general, it's in their stomach
so I'm not sure, he said to check their health today

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
one of them liked the new food
it is a good sign

Sallysoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes. It is very, very important the cat must eat. I have read so much about them esp on TCS . One thing I find most cases is cat refuses to eat due to many underlying health issues. That is one of my most 2 fears. The 2nd fear is chronic diarrhoea.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes be careful when you change diet etc .. I once ran out of Garcie's RC over a bank holiday and made the mistake of one can of another brand won't hurt ! Big mistake, she was violently sick and after 2 injections at £45 later she was fine! If I ever run out of her food prior to Internet delivery I will boil chicken or whatever White fish !!!