My cat is pregnant

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then you need to separate your cats.  They're your responsibility.  I know it's hard, but it's really not healthy this way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is hard cause they are so close to each other.... I'll have to see if my friend can take him till they get back to me on fixing them

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And I know they are my responsible I am doing everything I can and its not like I let her out side or anything like I wanted this to happen again no I didn't I have put paper work in I called places to get him fixed no one got make to me so I guess that's my fault too right when I call and call to see what's taking so long ya know I should have never even got on this site at all or even post any thing if u and other people are gonna things like that I take very good care of my pets I'm not like half of these people areound here ......but I guess I'm a bad person again cause she got pregnant again I guess its my fault like everything else is

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No one is scolding you, just trying to help you make sure it doesn't happen again.

I know you're trying to do right by your cats.

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's probably worth calling around and seeing who can get you in. In my rural area, we have several vet's offices, so if one place doesn't get back to you, another may be able to. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's annoying when they don't get back to you.  You need to keep calling though because you don't know if they forgot or lost the paperwork or have someone new working there who doesn't know what to do or doesn't follow up.  My vet's office rarely calls when they say they will.  Sometimes it takes 3 calls on my part to find out test results.  Very annoying.

I don't know how long between pregnancies, but you may want to give her some KMR for extra calcium.  Nursing drains her supply and a calcium deficiency can be very bad, even fatal if not caught in time.

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been calling just about every day I called several vets and other places and they said they would call back never did and its frustrating ...........

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi!

It sounds like you've tried hard, but you may need to just drop by in person to make an appointment. That way you know it will really happen. Also, do you have a Humane Society nearby? If so, most offer low-cost spays and neuters.

In the meantime, it sounds like your cat is in the early stages of labor. I hope it all goes well and the babies are healthy. Let's focus on that now! Please let us know how it goes, and we love kitten pictures :).

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a reminder to all the rules of this forum:

Replying to Questions by those Caring for Pregnant Cats or Kittens?

The focus of this forum is to assist those who may find themselves having to care for a pregnant cat or to hand-raise kittens NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCE UNDER WHICH THE CAT CAME TO BE PREGNANT.

The rule is that NO ONE should be judgmental of anyone posting a request for assistance - please do not automatically cite all the good reasons why a cat should be spayed or neutered. This only serves to alienate those who might otherwise be helped here and perhaps forever turn them off from seeking our help. Also, it's generally kinder to ask a few questions instead of jumping to negative conclusions and lecturing newcomers about things that might or might not be relevant to their situation.

The focus of this Forum is to assist those who, for WHATEVER reason, may find themselves the primary caregiver to a pregnant cat or orphaned kittens. It is NOT to focus of this Forum to judge anyone requesting assistance. In order to reach as many people as we can with the message of responsible cat care, we must always always always remember to treat everyone here with kindness, consideration and respect. We want to make this a safe, comfortable place for everyone, regardless of their circumstances, to ask questions and seek assistance. As with any other forum here on TCS, namecalling will not be tolerated. Specifically in this forum, accusing someone of being a backyard breeder will be considered namecalling.
Full rules can be found here -

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/247178/pregnant-cats-kittens-forum-code-of-conduct-read-before-you-post

Sassymay, Good luck. Just keep on calling. :nod: sarthur2's suggestion of showing up to make an appointment is a good one. I think you may need to keep them separated for a bit after he's been fixed. The others have more experience than me. :)

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will have to and I will keep them apart

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
How are things with mama kitty? How are you doing?

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Things are going OK with her just waiting on her to have the little ones. .........me I'm wore out from not sleeping

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
The waiting game... So fun, lol :D

Try to take care of yourself and get some rest. Those kittens will be here in no time and everyone is going to need you rested.

Keep us posted on mama kitty's progress & sending vibes for healthy mom and healthy babies. :vibes:
:hugs:

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will keep every one posted she has been sleeping a lot today on me......