My cat is pregnant

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My daisy may is pregnant don't know how soon or anything on to when she is going to have them the past couple days she's been hanging on me and I can not get out of her site when I go to get up she grabs my arm and won't let me ........u touch her belly she crys and she wAs never this affectionate at all she would always stay yo her self and not bother any one

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Checked her temp 2 days ago it was 99 yesterday and today it was 100

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pregnant cats are super affectionate; very clingy and needy. They become more so as their time draws near. Since you're not sure when she mated, it's a waiting game. It looks like she has a nice round kitten belly going there!

Keep us posted as to her progress! :)

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok I checked daisys temp under her arm cause I can't get it any other way it is 98.9 she has been crying a lot today. And restless

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the restlessness is more of an indicator than her temp.  Are you able to comfort her?  Will she let you gently rub her belly

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She lays by me but when I try touching her belly she she crys and can't still....

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes that's been going on...now she is pacing back and forth ......when I go in to watch tv she Will crawl up and wanna cuddle and meow but she can't stay still .......she is very very affectionate

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think you're really going to get to watch much TV unless the nest is nearby.  Some of the moms in labor do crawl in laps but will not stay long.  She is trying to get comfortable.  She will want you nearby while she is delivering.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like things are moving right along tonight. Sounds like labor.

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope so I hate seeing her in pain ......

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is hands down THE worst part of going through this with your cat - watching them in pain. She will be okay though. Hang in there!

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She went in my enclosed porch and I went out with her she crawled in the crate I have set up for her and is laying in there I stepped away from her for a couple mins and she is still in the same spot

sassymay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My in closed porch is a add on to my kitchen and the past couple days yes she has been going out there off and on .......I got a question my male cat he has been going crazy all day and he has been trying to be out there with her I won't let him cause she will swat at him is that also a indication to cause he is never like this .......I have the door shut so he can't get out there I don't want him hurting her or the babies