My Cat is Missing

jadekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Question - do you know all of your neighbors? I only ask because earlier this week when OUR cat was missing and we finally heard him outside, when we called to him, he came running to us from a neighbor's patio. We are fairly certain that he was coerced inside their apartment by food. Those neighbors had been eyeing our Mishu ever since he was in the neighborhood and that was partly why I was keeping him indoors. He is a beautiful, long, lean regal-looking all black cat (he's got a bit of siamese in him, so you can imagine what a pretty-boy he is) and he's EXTREMELY sociable with humans. He knows (and responds to) his name and as I'm certain our neighbors have heard us call out to him before we decided to make him indoors only, they too know his name. I'm not saying that they did so with malice, but he is a hard cat to resist. I would most definitely go to all of your neighbors and stress that he is not only very loved, but very missed by his mommy and daddy.

I was frantic when we couldn't find Mishu and only too relieved when we got him back. Such terrible thoughts ran through my head and hubby tried in vain to reassure me. Stay positive. Cats have great survival instincts. But I wouldn't rule out neighbors. Sometimes someone else's cat is so sweet and adorable that others can't help but want to take them in. But in most cases if they see that you are so distraught, it may make them realize that they already have a loving home and even though they may not personally hand him over, he may suddenly and mysteriously "reappear" at home soon after!

Still praying for your little guy and I'm sure he will return home soon - boys are notorious for galavanting this time of year and stressing out their mommies! Naughty things!

Remember to keep food and water out there for him and something with your scent all over it!

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang in there Michele. You know I'm here for you.

Donna

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dearest Michele,

Opie was gone for 3 days once and I lost my mind...I know how it feels...please hang in there...we're all praying for you. :angel2:
Love &

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
JadeKitty:

I actually thought that. Andy is beautiful. He is white with blue eyes and extremely friendly. I know if he showed up on my door step I would feed him and want to take care of him. I am hoping that is what happend. I don't know all of my neighbors but I hope with the flyers that someone will realized that he is loved and missed and will call me.

Michele

jadekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well your Andy sounds like a cutie-pie! I'll wager that he'll reappear soon after your fliers are noticed!

Keep the faith! We're all with you in spirit and Andy's in our prayers!

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele; I am praying that the news of Andy is Good News today. Like the others, I have had neighbors, from time to time who have coveted a particular cat of mine. Do you live in the city or rural surroundings? I ask this because you need to be very thorough and go up to garages or sheds and call out to Andy and then listen very carefully for the faintest of replies. My calico, Quilt, once got trapped in a locked shed,(she had run in when it was opened and then the owners locked it again),I could barely hear her cries, but I KNEW it was her! It took several hours to locate the owner to come unlock the shed, but I did find him and got my girl back! I had been searching for 4 days. She was hungry and thirsty but happy to see me!!!!

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I live in a very rural area. It is very wooded and not too many houses on my street. Everyone here is just giving me so much hope that I will get Andy back. To hear everyone's own stories makes me believe that he is safe somewhere. I just hope everyone knows how much I appreciate the support. It is a very hard time for me.

jadekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
that's because we all know how you feel! many of us at one time or another have been in your situation! try not to worry - just keep hoping, searching and sending good thoughts to Andy. i know that cats are very intuitive and connected to their human parents. he will find his way home!

(((((((Michele))))))))
((((((((Andy))))))))))

Those are cyber-hugs for you both! Hang in there! we
you!

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You guys are making me cry. You don't even know me and you all are showing so much caring and compassion for me and Andy. I have never been at a site with so many caring people. Again Thanks to all of you for your thoughts, suggestions and prayers. I know I keep thanking everyone but it just means so much to me. I just can't express it.

Michele

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Catarina:

That is the cutest picture I have ever seen. Thank you and JadeCity for the hugs. I really needed them.

Michele

logan0103

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any news yet Michele? Keep us posted.
Catarina, I love the picture of the mommy & baby cat. Where do you find them?

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Everyone!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the photo...I get them from friends and other places around the net or even my own kitty's. They're quite the posers. My main concern right now is Michele...I hope you're okay sweetie...Andy's been on my mind today. I know he'll be home soon...you'll see. :angel2:
Andy
:angel2: :angel2: Putting angels all around him :angel2: :angel2: :angel2: :angel2:

Love &

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well unfortunatly I do not have good news. My baby has still not come home. I put the fliers in all of my neighbors mailboxes and I did not get a single call. I am started to lose hope. I don't want to but I don't know what else to do. I just which I knew one way or another if he is still alive. I can not grieve for him because I still want to believe he is okay. So I am stuck in the middle of sorrow and hope. The not knowing is the worst. I was really hoping someone took him in but since no one called me I don't know. I am still praying but I just can't stop crying. I try not to think about it to much but I can't help but think about it. I will let everyone know if he does come home to me.

Michele

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Oh Michelle, I am so sorry to hear that. I keep checking this thread and I was hoping so bad you would tell us he came back home.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My one cat Callie has a habit of vanishing every now and again. She stayed gone once for over a year! I know with you, it is different because your baby is a house baby and not a feral. I know too how the not knowing is worse, but there is a lot of prayer power on this board and if anything can guide your baby home, prayer can! Let us know okay?

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone,

Hissy, you gave me a great idea...Power of Prayer is so strong! Why don't we synchronize our watches and at 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm and send our prayers to the Lord that Andy's return in swift and safe. We can even get our Christian friends involved. If you don't normally pray, would it hurt to ask that Michele's kitty come home? Just ask out loud with your mouth...you don't even have to say to who...just know that we're doing the same thing...Enough said....Okay, how about at:

6:00 pm and 9:00 pm this evening....Monday 5/21/01

Pray for Andy to come home to Michele :angel2: :angel2: :angel2:ANDY :angel2: :angel2: :angel2:

Remember, this could be any of our kitties and we would all want to help each other as much as we possibly can.

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Catarina:

When I read your post, I burst out in tears. That is the kindest thing that anyone could do for me. I can't tell you enough how much all of your support has meant to me. And for you to do this is more than I could ask for. Everyone on this site are the most caring people I have ever met. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!

Michele

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be onboard with the synchronized prayer for Andy's safe return. I am a satisfied customer when it comes to the power of prayer!

6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. (Cat Site time? or Catarina's time which is West Coast, right? Iwould like to know 'cause I'm Central Daylight Time)

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Darlene,

I knew I should've edited that!! I was selfish and only thinking of myself re: EST..however, being central time is probably more convenient, only because of the individuals possibly getting to bed early due to work. However, this can be easily solved each person within their own time frame region...EST, CST, PST...etc..(even overseas, which I have no idea whatsoever)...can begin their prayer circle at 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm. This is even better because :angel2: Andy :angel2: will be receiving continous prayer throughout the NIGHT!!!!! WOW...now,I know for sure I didn't think of that God did!