My Cat is Missing

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am posting this because I need all of you to pray for the safe return of my cat Andy. He has been missing since Monday morning. I live on a four acre back lot and I feel pretty certain he did not go in the road. He is only a year and a half and is a very friendly cat. I am asking for all of your prayers because I know how much everyone on this site are very caring people. I have checked everywhere for him and I just don't know what to do besides pray for his safe return. It is killing me. I can not stop crying because I am so afraid something has happened. This is Andy's first spring outside. I did not want to let him be an indoor/outdoor kitty but he wanted to go outside so bad and I thought he would be safe. I know feel so guilty for letting him out. Please Andy find your way home to me.

jadekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your baby! Our Mishu got outside on Sunday afternoon (Mother's Day) and we didn't find him until Tuesday morning! I was terrified something had happened to him because he always came home by late afternoon when he got out of the house, but I got a lot of really good advice from the members of this forum! I will have your Andy in my thoughts until he comes home! If you read some of the posts I got when our cat was missing (Our Kitty Got Outside), you will find a lot of helpful advice. I am sure that the other members will pray for Andy as well! Please let us know when he comes home!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is Spring and the end of breeding season, if Andy is not neutered, he is more than likely in search of that scent he caught on the wind. I can repeat what I have found works with lost cats. I rescue them so I have a lot of them almost all the time.

Take an old sweatshirt or tee shirt you really don't care about to much. Throw it on and do a full workout in it, make it really sweaty with your scent almost dripping with it. Then put the shirt outside at the boundary of your property where he can scent it. In a protected area near the shirt, take a cardboard box, cut a hole in it big enough so he can get inside, invert it and weight it down so the wind won't knock it over. Put food and water nearby, add his favorite toys. Males are prone to wandering, and when he comes back he will hungry, thirsty and need protection.

My friends laugh at me, but I have a very loud kitty call to call my group in to eat. One time when Muse wandered away, I recorded my call on cassette and I put the tape recorder out and played the tape over and over. My neighbors wanted to shoot me, but Muse came home! LOL Also call every vet in your area, stop by and drop off a picture of Andy to them, same with the humane society and animal rescues leagues. You can make up flyers and go house to house letting people know if they see this cat that he is loved and wanted back.

Good luck, I am praying that the God who watches over all will lead him back to your door.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice. I will try anything I can to bring him home. He is neutered. I just hope he didn't go too far and can't find his way home. I will do all of the things you suggested. I have been calling his name day and night and I think my neighbors are sick of hearing me too! Thank you you for you thoughts!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will definitly be praying for Andys safe return! maybe he's just exploring his new environment. I'm sure he's going to be back very soon.

meowman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope that he is safe and just doing what boys do: Play and explore. Hopefully he will come home soon. Have you attempted a search party to go into the woods around your home or (heaven forbid) walked along both sides of the roadway?

My prayers are that you will find him safe and sound soon!

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have checked the road and myself and my husband have both checked the woods. I have also checked up trees thinking maybe he got spooked climbed a tree and could not get down. This actually happened to one of my other cats. I have not found any sign of him. It is so hard just not knowing what happened. I just want so much to go home and find him waiting on my fronts steps.

alloweyo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel, hopefully your little boy didn't go far. Keep us posted. I have a cat, Twitch, who up until recently was a stray. She will sit by the door, wait until someone opens it, and dart out, often headbutting us. When she does get out her favorite thing to do is climb up a tree. (although the recent claw clipping has made it a bit more difficult.) Then she waits to watch me try to get her when she is just out of my reach, then I turn around and she starts to climb down. When I try to grab her, she darts up the tree again. I will sit under that tree for hours, and then she nonchalantly walks down the tree, onto my lap, and gives me a "mommy, I'm ready to go inside now" meow.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I will be thinking about you and your baby and praying for his return. Our Mishmish often goes away for a couple of days (we also live away from any road) and then returns and meows real hard for hugs and attention. I will be waiting for your update post!

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like your baby got spring fever. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope and pray that you guys are right and it is only "Spring Fever" nothing will make me happier than to think he is just enjoying himself somewhere exploring. I just wish he knew what I was going through and just show me that he is okay and then he can go off and finish exploring. I just need to know he is okay. My cats are my babies and they mean more to me than words could ever say.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WHAT!! Michele....why didnt you tell me?? I am sure he is fine. He is probably just exploring and seeing what's out there. Andy will come home, I just know it.

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sandie:

I didn't mention anything when I talked to you because he really was only gone that day and I was sure he was going to come home. I made 100 fliers and Jerry and I are going to put them in everyone's mailboxes tonight after the party.

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I too will pray for little Andy to come home safely. Have you asked a few closest neighbors if maybe he's goten locked into one of their sheds?

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Sweetie,

I only know too well that hallow feeling in my tummy! Please know that we are here for you in prayer that Andy returns safely. I'm sure he's investigating. Be patient and put your trust in the Lord.

Love &

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Michele,

I'm so sorry! When I first read your post I didn't realize it was you!!! I wish there was something I could do. Do you want me to come over tomorrow night after work (Friday, I'm working days) and help you spread flyers and look for him? I'll stay at your house just in case he comes home if you're still going to NJ. If there is anything and I do mean ANYTHING please call me at work 1-800-524-4242 ext 6748 or at home. I really mean that. I don't know what I'd do if any one of my cats got out.

logan0103

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. Our oldest cat got out last year & I was worried sick. I walked the allie, peoples yard calling & calling. Thank God he came home safe (when He felt like it), but ever since he has given us no peace trying to get back out & it's been almost a year! I will keep you in my prayers. Loosing your kitty is like loosing a member of the family.

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
michele

i'm sorry to hear about this. i know what it's like to not know whether
or not to let your cats outside, it's a hard decision in my opinion.

i'll pray that your cat finds his way back to you, or that you find him.

my thoughts are with you.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele:

I am praying too!!! I hope you find Andy real soon, because it feels so crappy when he's lost.

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers for my Andy. Your kind words mean so much to me. They have given me hope that Andy will return. I have not given up and I am still praying he will come back to me.

Michele