My Cat Is About 4 Weeks Pregnant And...

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, a cat can get pregnant at any point when she is mated. Cats are induced ovulators. Cats can also have silent heats, which you would not notice.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, a cat can get pregnant at any point when she is mated. Cats are induced ovulators. Cats can also have silent heats, which you would not notice.
Cats can't get pregnant at just any time. They are induced ovulators, but they must be in heat in order to ovulate and get pregnant. However, it can *seem* as though they got pregnant while not being in heat, because they can have a silent heat.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long will a female go back into heat after just having a litter of kittens?
It is possible for a female to go into heat again within a week or two of birth, even if she is nursing babies. To be safe, it is best to separate the two of them for now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kieka, look how big the Ragdoll kittens have gotten! There are two more who are solid white not on the photo. What color you think they're eventually be? They're 2 weeks old today. I was hoping to get a blue colorpoint mitted or a blue lynx mitted. Their grandmother is a "mitted" seal point and their great grand mother was a lynx point. What's the earliest a person can tell the exact points? I know these already appear to be blue. These don't seem bicolor because of the nose, correct?

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They are way too cute. Exact point color is not my strong suit but if you can post individual photos in better lighting we might have someone who can tell. I do know that if nay have mittens or Bicolor patterning you'll notice lines between the true white and what will darken around 3-5 weeks usually if it is on face or limbs. So it doesn't look like any of the kittens are the classic Bicolor pattern. It doesn't mean they won't have white bibs or mittens but it doesn't look like you have the inverted v shape.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The mother, as you know, has the inverted v shape, she's blue bicolor. It was very difficult to take good photos. Will attempt tomorrow with better lighting. Thanks.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kittens are growing like wild fire lol. Will take more photos during the weekend. They're 2 weeks and 2 days old today and already rambunctious. So far I have 2 solid white Ragdolls and it looks like 3 blue colorpoint ones. No bicolors. I have one boy one girl white ones, and two boys and one girl on the pointed ones.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now the kittens found a way to get out of the box. They're scattered all around and it will be difficult for mother to nurse them all at one time. Some are straying away and might not get enough milk. Any suggestions. I do not want to cage them but they're inside my laundry room.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
But then the mom would have trouble getting in. She's not too big.

BlueDreams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kieka, look how big the Ragdoll kittens have gotten! There are two more who are solid white not on the photo. What color you think they're eventually be? They're 2 weeks old today. I was hoping to get a blue colorpoint mitted or a blue lynx mitted. Their grandmother is a "mitted" seal point and their great grand mother was a lynx point. What's the earliest a person can tell the exact points? I know these already appear to be blue. These don't seem bicolor because of the nose, correct?
Awe very cute! I'm late to the post. Was one of those lynx? Looks like the last picture the one on the right got the lynx gene. Did you post pictures of the kitten you kept and any updated pictures of how it looks now =)