My Cat Is About 4 Weeks Pregnant And...

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Babies!

Usually you'll see the darkening start on the nose and/or along the edge of the ear. Since Mom is Bicolor there is the chance they will get her white pattern too so the nose might stay white.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m hoping for a blue point mitted or any mitted or pointed for that matter. Both of my Ragdolls also have an excellent personality. Very docile and devoted.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, to me it looks like 2 of them will be white and 3 will be pointed. You'll be able to see the points starting pretty soon.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kieka, they're doing fine! Thanks. I had to cut Ruby's tummy hair today so the kittens could have better access to nurse. Here is today's photo. I am weighing them daily. The first day was 4.1 oz, third day 4.6 oz in average. By the way, it appears that 3 will be pointed and 2 solid white. I can already tell by the ears. Not sure if the pointed ones will be bicolor or blue color point.

Attachments

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Ruby is an excellent mother!!!

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really would like to see a blue colorpoint kitten in this batch. I will then have 3 cats. The rest I will give to friends and family members who are interested or sell them.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first day was 4.1 oz, third day 4.6 oz in average.
Hmm, they really should be gaining about .5 oz a day, although .5 oz in 2 days isn't terrible, just on the low end. Try to weigh them every day, preferably around the same time each day, to make sure they're gaining enough.

Don't supplement if they don't need it---there's a chance of aspiration pneumonia every time a human feeds a kitten---but definitely be ready to step in if necessary.

It sounds like she's a pretty good mom, though, so they should be fine.

I think the chances of having a blue point are pretty high. I'll have to go back to the color thread to see what we decided the father carries under the white.

ETA: looks like there's a pretty good chance he's blue or blue lynx point under the white. Which means that all the pointed kittens will be blue or blue lynx too. There's a small chance that he's seal not blue but I think blue is more likely.

Last edited:

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks. There is one not gaining too much. Might be a slight runt. Can I pull that one out and supplement with KMR daily along with what she/he drinks in mothers milk? I think the kittens can get lung issues when fed manually while placing them belly up when feeding them. They suppose to be a certain standing position while bottle feeding.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The white sire father’s parents are, the mother is white and his father is blue colorpoint. The mothers mother is a dark seal point mitted and her father is a bicolor like her. The white sire’s mothers parents, one parent is a blue lynx point.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cannot believe it!! I just checked on my 3 days old kittens and they have tiny fleas!!!! Where did these diabolical plagues come from??? My cats are 100% indoor cats!!! How can I treat the small kittens from these parasites? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated?

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fleas just happen. They can crawl through tiny cracks and just appear anywhere.

For the babies, a flea comb is the only safe option. Ask the vet what flea treatments are safe for nursing mothers. The flea comb is probably best for her, too, but that would be a major pain with a Ragdoll. Be sure to treat the daddy cat too.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought a flea comb and was able to pull around 7 fleas. I also applied Advantage to mama and papa.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kitten are doing very well and growing every day. I was able to treat the parents with Advantage, now I do not see fleas on the kittens. As soon as they are a bit older, I will wash them with blue Dawn Dish Washing Liquid. The coloring of the kittens are becoming more noticeable. Two are solid white like the mother, and the other three are pointed, looking like they'll be blue colorpoints; no bicolor like the mother. I just hoping one would be mitted. The mother of Ruby is seal point mitted. I will take photos this coming week. Thanks for asking.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I neutered my male 2 weeks ago but he still wants to mount my female. Not sure why that is happening. He is on a lookout to care for the kittens as she does. I never thought the male would be hands on with the newborn kittens. How long will a female go back into heat after just having a litter of kittens?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I neutered my male 2 weeks ago but he still wants to mount my female. Not sure why that is happening. He is on a lookout to care for the kittens as she does. I never thought the male would be hands on with the newborn kittens. How long will a female go back into heat after just having a litter of kittens?
This is a BIG problem!!

We have told you that he is still fertile for up to a month after his surgery and that your cats must stay separated. Your female just gave birth. She does not need this stress, and she can get pregnant again within a week of delivery, even without going into heat.
If he is mounting her, he is likely mating her.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OH NO!!! But I thought a female cat could get pregnant ONLY WHEN IN HEAT? She is not in heat yet.