My cat had partial tail amputation

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KaylaT6889

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I did this I had to put her collar on her on the inside of where the cones are because the larger cone was for a med size dog and she is a small girl she would use her paw step on it and back out of them lol... but with her collar inside it gave kind of like a little barrier and she couldn't push the cones past her collar and slip out of them then..
I think that if you took poster board and cut a piece a few inches wide and wrap it around the end of the cone it might just work I think she just needs the cone to be a little longer to where she won't be able to get to her tail. In my opinion I really think it's worth trying.. sometimes we have to really think outside the box because our babies can be so smart and very persistent.
Your little baby looks so comfy right now!!!
I agree with silent meowlook that it may be pain related... and have you talked to your vet about any possible solutions that may be better for her I did when my girl was spayed that is how we got the longer collar and onesie...
The double cone thing worked on my girl but may not work for what you need for your baby... just stay positive and patient and I think you will find the right solution for you and Monet.

I do want to add that the type of cone we used was super light and flexible.. not a heavy plastic one so it did not affect having extra weight around her neck that is something to keep in mind as well.. I really agree with everything silent meowlook posted.
Yeah monet is 5 pounds but she’s a slinky long cat long paws long legs so she’s a culprit of the cone push too. I’m happy I found this website it makes my anxiety with my little one less. We all love our animals and just want them to be happy and healthy and it’s the worse seeing a pet be hurt. Especially when you’ve never had anything like this happen with a pet. I’m so thankful for the kindness and help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KaylaT6889

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can use the inflatable donut, then the soft blue collar, flip the blue collar down like a cape. Try that. Also ask your vet if you can increase the Gabapentin. I would try that. The problem is you have to be careful how much weight you add on to their neck. I know it’s hard, but so far she hasn’t chewed the sutures out. Also the obsession with the tail tip can be pain so make sure there is adequate pain control as well as the Gabapentin.
I’m gonna call the vet to see if they can increase the gabapentin as well just because I’m not sure if they have enough and I want to be prepared.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah monet is 5 pounds but she’s a slinky long cat long paws long legs so she’s a culprit of the cone push too. I’m happy I found this website it makes my anxiety with my little one less. We all love our animals and just want them to be happy and healthy and it’s the worse seeing a pet be hurt. Especially when you’ve never had anything like this happen with a pet. I’m so thankful for the kindness and help.
Definitely agree. I found this website almost 1 month ago when I got Gabby spayed and everyone is so friendly and tries to help with any suggestions. No one judging anyone.. it truly is an amazing place for all of us cat lovers.
And yes... it is absolutely horrible seeing our babies in any pain.