my cat got shot!

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear that Casmo can move her little toes. Hoping this is the beginning of a smooth recovery for her.

Sending both of you strength, good health & lots of love.

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also pinch her back feet to see if she has feeling!!! Let me know what happens!

catguy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If this makes anyone feel better, there is a growing movement of lawyers who are fighting for animals rights. I will be one of them once I graduate law school.
Although only 1 law school out of the 180+ ABA member schools even offer an Animal Rights program, many others offer courses.

If wont be long, I hope, before punishments for animal cruelty will be much, much more severe. In case of murder, mandary 10 year sentences is what I believe in for a start.

anyways, its a miracle cosmo is doing so well and hopefully hell be back to normal soon.

june

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Re:

"she can move her toes i just went to check on her she was cleaning herself and then i noticed her toes moving in and out on both back paws (just one toe a paw though) Its a start "

What great news!!! And just think, if you hadn't given her a fighting chance she wouldn't have had the chance to fight to start recovering her health. Keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
casmo says thank you to everybody

il try pinching her toes tell you what hapens
good for you catguy we need more people standing up for animals

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i tried pinching her toes but nothing happend
(i didnt really want to hurt her) i tried the same thing on her front paws but...
nothing happened
i tried everything but ya it didnt really make any difrence and it was kinda scary didnt want to like break her toes so i gave up maybe i should just leave that to the vet next visit when he comes back.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Casmo... its me and the girls and Garfield again.. wanted to stop back in today and let you know we are still thinking about you!!
We are sooo happy to learn of you moving your little furry toes.

You fight hard. You can beat this. And we are herE to send you lots of needed kitty strength. And love!!

Muah Casmo!!

Love, Sarah, LILO, GARFIELD, SPICY, DOT, and PETALS!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree..you should let Casmo rest tonight. When is her next appointment? Let us know how she is doing in the morning.

Lei
Originally Posted by cazimauw

(i didnt really want to hurt her) maybe i should just leave that to the vet next visit when he comes back.

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My four "normal" cats send their purrs and furry love. Penguin, however, thinks that this guy should be hung, quartered, castrated, and then fed to wild cats. And she sends her love to Casmo, and understands what it's like to be treated badly and hurt horrifically. And she reminded me that all cats have 9 lives; Casmo has 8 left.

I sent a prayer up to St. Francis of Assisi (even though I'm not catholic), and asked that your furbaby get all the love, care, and health that Cas can handle, and that you and your family are strong and helped through this. And that the cops find, prosecute, and jail this SOB.

Best-
Michele

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending more {{{ prayers & healing vibes}}} for Cosmo & you!! Thank you for providing updates
Glad that those toes are showing movement - these kind of things seem to progress slowly (my neck injury didn't show real improvement for years). Whatever you're doing, & whatever board magic, etc., is being sent from TCS seems to be working...Good job, everybody!

stlgrl5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

(i didnt really want to hurt her) i tried the same thing on her front paws but...
nothing happened
i tried everything but ya it didnt really make any difrence and it was kinda scary didnt want to like break her toes so i gave up maybe i should just leave that to the vet next visit when he comes back.
You might of said it before, but where did your kitty get shot at? paw?

june

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

nothing happened
That's not necessarily a bad thing. The nerve endings are located in the toes but the source of the nerve is somewhere in the spinal column. The fact that you stated earlier that you saw a toe move is a good sign because it means that the source of the nerve affecting that particular toe is sending a nerve transmission to that toe and it's being received. It may not be happening with all of the toes just yet but , if it can happen with that toe, with time, it could happen with the rest.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope they find the SOB that did this to your baby.

As far as what to do with her. I would do anything I could to make sure she wasn't hurting and send her to the emergency vet.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found and read this whole thread. I am so glad Casmo is doing better! I really hope that horrible jerk who did this to your sweet baby not only gets prison time, but has to pay for the vet bills! You should sue for that should he get convicted of it! And sue for him putting an inconvenience on you! Not only will it compensate for HIS actions, but it'll add salt to his wounds!

loraandjeff

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Casmo, we are so praying for your full & complete recovery. Please keep trying, you're family loves you and needs you with them.

Casimauw, thank you for being brave and giving your Casmo a chance. I'm sure this is a very difficult time for you and it was not an easy decision.

My two, Duke & Cosmo, and of course myself, wish you all the best and will keep you in our earnest prayers. Please do keep us updated on how Casmo is doing.

Lora

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
this morning i was masaging her leg and foot when i ran my finger down her foot her toe moved again, later i wuz scrating her head aperantly she had an itch there, as she showed an mm of movement in her leg trying to scratch herself. it always makes me feel so bad now when she has an itch

the pils went alot smoother to i put them in some meat

thanks for all the suport and hope

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Casmo is doing better with taking those pills today and showing signs of improvement. Bless you for your patience & love towards this fuzzy little friend. Give Casmo a great big fuzzy kiss from everyone over here

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like Casmo is improving. You are taking such good care of her & giving her so much love...if there is a chance that her quality of life will be good, I sure that she will take it.
Thanks so much for taking the time to keep us updated. We really do care about you & Casmo.

Lei