My cat Dallas.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try some Cat Music for Habby. Do you have a radio? If you have one or can get one, it would benefit Habby to have a little classic music.

This may help a little, touch the red colored text and it will open another link for you.
Grieving

There might be something here that helps, these are Pet Loss Support individuals and groups;
Directory of Services – Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5 days is nothing in the grieving process, I'm sure it feels like it will never end and is going on forever. You must let yourself grief, however long it takes. distraction is good, go for a walk, play with Habby, read, watch tv, anything to give your poor mind a break. The grief will always be there, you have to learn what works for you to control it. The only advice I have is what worked for me, take one minute, one hour, one day at a time. The past is what it is, Dallas is a wonderful part of it. The future is bleak right now to you, so stay right in the present. The future can be formed by what you do right now in the present. Don't think of endless pain for your future, concentrate on the here and now. Dallas is at peace because she has your love, she will continue to send her own to you, she feels your sorrow. Let her know you will be alright in time, that you will one day turn that pain into gratitude for having her in your life. The happiness you had with her in your life is so much greater than this period in your life. It always will be. What you shared can never be taken from you, it is a permanent part of your soul, and that is why you feel such an emptiness right now, her physical self is absent. But the love goes on. Be kind to yourself, it is all she ever wanted. "Death cannot take that which never dies". also, one of my favorite quotes, that I repeated like a mantra, " Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened," and believe one day, that in time, you will.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gohabsgo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
5 days is nothing in the grieving process, I'm sure it feels like it will never end and is going on forever. You must let yourself grief, however long it takes. distraction is good, go for a walk, play with Habby, read, watch tv, anything to give your poor mind a break. The grief will always be there, you have to learn what works for you to control it. The only advice I have is what worked for me, take one minute, one hour, one day at a time. The past is what it is, Dallas is a wonderful part of it. The future is bleak right now to you, so stay right in the present. The future can be formed by what you do right now in the present. Don't think of endless pain for your future, concentrate on the here and now. Dallas is at peace because she has your love, she will continue to send her own to you, she feels your sorrow. Let her know you will be alright in time, that you will one day turn that pain into gratitude for having her in your life. The happiness you had with her in your life is so much greater than this period in your life. It always will be. What you shared can never be taken from you, it is a permanent part of your soul, and that is why you feel such an emptiness right now, her physical self is absent. But the love goes on. Be kind to yourself, it is all she ever wanted. "Death cannot take that which never dies". also, one of my favorite quotes, that I repeated like a mantra, " Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened," and believe one day, that in time, you will.......
Thank you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gohabsgo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have a picture of your baby? I had a glass photo made of my last 3 that passed. Batman, Rerun and Snicker. It's under the TV It's been 2 years and I still occasionally cry over Batman. He was the closest cat I ever owned. Time make things easier, but it does hurt. Remember, Habby also has suffered a loss and is hurting. Look at how Habby is trying to help you, cats feel things and know your pain. In time, consider saving another by bring it into your life. Each cat will bring you a different joy, all in their own way.
Hang in there and pet Habby a lot.
I do, lots,i had Dallas cremated.I get her ashes soon.But wow this has been such a blow it's hard to explain.I love that u have 10 cats that's dedication.thanks for talking with me it helps alot.lots of love to all your fur babies.