My Buddy, Theodore

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
...and today was Bath time! He was purring while I gave him a bath. He does seem a bit scared of the blow dryer but, not a peep while in the sink. His coat is "squeeky clean" now. He is making sure his legs and tail are just right now....LOL (he would not let me blow dry his legs. I did get his belly some). I have a fire going and it is toasty in here so he is doing fine. He does shiver a bit while I blow dry.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He got a bath today. He was purring while I bathed him this time! Not a peep! He did recoil a bit from the blow dryer (I have a pet blow dryer that is double barreled on a stand) but he simply snuggled as close as he could get to me while I dried him and fluffed his fur. He is shedding his baby coat now and will have his adult coat coming in that is not as fine. The comb glides right thru his coat now. The first pic he is drying off his feet and "combing" his tail. (now I gotta fix what you messed up!) LOL
Then he slept most of the day and now he is content to lay in front of the woodstove and the cozy fire.
DANG! Now I see I need to wash his face again!

My baby

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, his face was not a mess again. The camera really makes the staining stand out! It is almost impossible to get that stuff out of his fine fur! I have a "flea" comb that is very fine that I use. I just checked and tried to comb it out again.The staining is right where he has markings on his face and enhances them. I am also VERY careful when combing so close to his eyes. He holds still for me really good and purrs.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I always wanted Persians growing up so, when I was able to, I did get one. And then, I fell in love with Himilayans! I have had a couple and now I am on my 3rd. Yes, they are gorgeous and more work but, the bonding you get from the grooming is so worth it!

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Something about that camera! LOL He meowed when he first saw it and then started attacking it again after he lost interest in other distractions. He is VERY energetic!

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is tuckered out now. Too tuckered to play. LOL That string toy is the one he drags upstairs almost every night. He normally will jump straight up in the air when I place the string toy across his back. He just sat there.

Last edited:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm eating a Snickers Ice Cream bar and look at that face! And I caught Oliver behind him!