My beautiful girl went missing a week after moving house...3 months ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bringportiahome

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so pleased to have so many commenting. I'm so sorry I've not been around lately. Just been sad lately. Haven't been functioning. She's not home yet. :(

frajude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry!   Missy has still not appeared either although I feel she is all right.  Lulu went off for a few days and the day I felt I would never see her again either she appeared.  

bringportiahome

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't been around. I've just been needing a break from all of this cat stuff. But I've come to tell you that Portia is still not home. However, I contacted a medium who is very legit with a 75% success rate. He told me that Portia is actually near the old address. My mum lives there so I've told her to keep an eye out and friends are looking also. I won't be able to go there until a couple of weeks as we will have people here, but do you believe in mediums? 3 mediums have told me the same thing and it does seem likely. He said that she is outside and enjoying it, and no one has taken her in, hence she hasn't been scanned. He said that when the weather turns wetter and colder she will make an appearance at mums house where she used to live.

It might be a load of rubbish but I don't think so. It's made me feel a lot better and although a part of me thinks 'what about the other 25%' I try to push that thought out of my mind.

If anyone wants to ask him about their lost kitties I can PM you his details. He doesn't charge any money and he's very good. I hope he's right. If he is and she's at mums, I'm going to let her stay there as she went to the trouble of travelling 10 miles to get there. I'll pay for her food and her care and visit her. When my parents can't care for her anymore I will try and move her here again but I don't want to move her and lose her again if that makes sense?

whatsonemore

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's good news, bringportiahome!  It would completely make sense that she's gone back to your old address.   You hear of it happening often.  I hope the medium is right and she makes an appearance soon.  I have one that has been missing for 30 days now and it is truly one of the worst feelings.  

Hopefully the next post about Portia is of great news.  Please keep us updated.

bringportiahome

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

That's good news, bringportiahome!  It would completely make sense that she's gone back to your old address.   You hear of it happening often.  I hope the medium is right and she makes an appearance soon.  I have one that has been missing for 30 days now and it is truly one of the worst feelings.  

Hopefully the next post about Portia is of great news.  Please keep us updated.
I will. :) Thank you!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't been around. I've just been needing a break from all of this cat stuff. But I've come to tell you that Portia is still not home. However, I contacted a medium who is very legit with a 75% success rate. He told me that Portia is actually near the old address. My mum lives there so I've told her to keep an eye out and friends are looking also. I won't be able to go there until a couple of weeks as we will have people here, but do you believe in mediums? 3 mediums have told me the same thing and it does seem likely. He said that she is outside and enjoying it, and no one has taken her in, hence she hasn't been scanned. He said that when the weather turns wetter and colder she will make an appearance at mums house where she used to live.

It might be a load of rubbish but I don't think so. It's made me feel a lot better and although a part of me thinks 'what about the other 25%' I try to push that thought out of my mind.

If anyone wants to ask him about their lost kitties I can PM you his details. He doesn't charge any money and he's very good. I hope he's right. If he is and she's at mums, I'm going to let her stay there as she went to the trouble of travelling 10 miles to get there. I'll pay for her food and her care and visit her. When my parents can't care for her anymore I will try and move her here again but I don't want to move her and lose her again if that makes sense?
I don't believe in mediums, but I don't NOT believe in them, if that makes any sense.  I do know the vast majority of them are scam artists - experts in cold reading, I think it's called.  However, the fact that this guy doesn't charge makes me feel less skeptical.  I'm the kind of person who needs to see something to believe it.  I believe cats can understand us when we talk because of some pretty amazing experiences I've had.  I've heard some really convincing ghost stories,but I haven't personally seen anything so I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts either.  There's a reason Missouri is called the Show Me state and I'm Missourian born and bred!  This guy might be for real.  Or he might not.  Either way, I really hope he's right and you do find your Portia.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with @Alicia88.  I tend to want to see it and not much into blind faith.  It makes me feel better that he does not charge.  So if he's wrong at least you didn't get scammed.  Anyway, I do hope he's right and that you will get Portia home soon.  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry she's not home yet, but I'm glad to hear you're feeling more positive about things. It does make sense that she would head back to her old home. I've heard that cats that go missing in the summer sometimes show up again in the autumn. It starts getting colder and they need help from people again.

I'm hoping that's what will happen with Gin, he's still not back either. We've been here for two years so I don't think he'll try to get back to our old place. I have a feeling he's just enjoying his summer holiday in this huge forest somewhere.

I know @WhatsOneMore  will be interested to hear about your chat with the medium. There's a thread about animal communicators here.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/325851/animal-communicator-feedback

frajude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
        BringPortiaHome

Have you had anything happen recently.

frajude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry!  I was hoping there might be some good news.  Please let me know if there is a change!

bringportiahome

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Sorry!  I was hoping there might be some good news.  Please let me know if there is a change!
I will, but I don't think I'll be seeing her again in this life. :(

frajude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am really sad for you. I know how it feels.  Missy has been gone for a few months and I also don't think I will ever see her again.  The psychic feels she is all right and that she has moved on.  He thinks the kittens and the change in Lulu made her go on.  I hope that both animals are safe and being taken care of.  Again keep me posted if something positive happens.  I like stories with a happy ending and I am praying that yours will end happily.  I believe and have proof that prayer works.

bringportiahome

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel like this is never going to get any easier. [emoji]128546[/emoji]

Did you use the same psychic as me?

bringportiahome

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How long has Missy been missing again?

frajude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
About 4 months.  Yes I contacted the man who name , telephone and email you gave me.  I feel that your vet made a big mistake.  We took in two kittens one from our house in Dallas and one from where we have our cows.  Missy  changed after that.  I think Portia may have been upset about the move in the same way as Missy was upset about the kittens.  I believe Missy wanted to be an inside cat and ran in the house one time. She did not stay! She would not come in again even though we opened the door for her..  Have you talked to the people who moved into your old house?  Does i have a crawl space under it?  I know it is hard  but have you gone around your old house and called for her?  How long did she live there.  Cats are very resourceful and even tho Portia was not a feral cat she may have gotten into a clone.  I have cameras where I keep my cows and the feral cat and kittens play and climb and jump.  They hide whenever I am there even ho I am feeding them.  Georgie is the first kitten of the feral who is there. Two times he came up to me and I fed him and then took him home ( he was making too much noise and I was afraid that a coyote or raccoon would kill him.   Ask for support anytime.  No I have a picture of Missy asleep in the backyard on my Desktop.  It does not get easier.  

ivashanko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It will, eventually, get easier. All grief does. The uncertainty doesn't help, in some ways that is even worse than knowing the worst, but time will heal this wound as well.

I'm glad the medium doesn't charge. I personally do not believe in mediums, but I'd be much more willing to give a free one a chance.

Good luck, and I'm so, so sorry this happened to you.

bringportiahome

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My mum lives at the old house so she's been looking. We don't have crawl spaces in the UK.

It's the not knowing that's the worst part. I've complained to the vets who gave me the bad advice, hoping they don't do this to anyone else.

frajude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What your medium told me is exactly what I sensed and felt in my heart about Missy.  I believe in my heart of hearts that she was upset by the move .  Everything that has been said about the farm (since I have a small one) could well be true.  There is probably plenty of food available.  I  have an indoor cat that is named Anny.  He was a feral stray that lived under our shed.  He started coming up and eating the food. We socialized him.  Originally we thought is was a girl hence the name "Orphan" Annie but a trip to the vet and we had "Orphan Anny".  Missy had seen Anny in the yard and would look but not do anything else.  I think Missy longed to be an inside (outside) cat and the adoption of two kittens upset her.  She ate less the last few days, meowed a lot and I saw her eating a little bird one day. Next day she was gone.  I feel that Portia was upset with the move.

Can you put food in your yard and see if anything eats it or are there too many strays.  The fact that both cats ran off and had to be found really indicates that they were upset.   Where was the other cat found? Did you try calling for her close to there.   If she was a sweet cat someone may have adopted he.  I have seen when cats get upset they go off.  Lulu the other feral comes sometimes every days and then sometimes she will not come for a few days.  She knows she is loved and from the way she behaves she feels very safe. Every now and then a sudden move and she is ready to run even tho I can pet her for a long time. She has a cat tree (which I actually bought for Missy but both were using).  There is a little house at one level where Missy used to stay. Lulu took it over. All things I believe made Missy feel less welcome and I like you was put in a hard place.  Cats are very adaptive and can survive.  Did she and your other cat get along?    That is why I feel they might have been in the same area.

bringportiahome

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did try putting food out but our neighbour's have 4 cats and one of them will come in our house and eat Effie's food so I think it will just get eaten by one of them. Effie and Portia were close so I thought they would be together and the lady who found Effie has been keeping an eye out but nothing. Portia roamed the furthest out of the two of them so they might not have been together.