My baby is missing

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree if she has been seen that means she is in the area!!!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
she has been seen? thats good news Chelle - I know you wish she would come home, but at least you know she is out there

still thinking of you all

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still dream about her alot...Didn't think it would hurt this much

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chelle

I still dream about her alot...Didn't think it would hurt this much
Jasper T. Wildcat disappeared in May of 2005. I never know when I will dream of him coming up the sidewalk and into the house. It's not easy.

jrosler04

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When was she last seen??

Have you tried live traps set around the places she was seen with her fave foods in them?? sure you may catch a LOT of strays.but maybe one day , she will be in one??

We had to rehome one of our cats a few years ago, he went to live with very good friends of ours, the man left for work one morning, in his flatbed truck..got to work, 2 hours away..in the COLD snow (it snowed & rained the whole way there!) they were going 70+ on the highways!!

When he got to work, he kept hearing a meow..turned around and there was sampson the cat on the back of the truck!! poor dear...somehow he had managed to hang on, and had the sense NOT to jump OFF of the truck the ENTIRE trip!!

We rehomed a kitten along with sampson (to the same people! sampson was about 4 years old!) and the kitten (7 months old) ran away as soon as he got out of the house....never to be seen again!
)

I really hope patches comes back home, or someone is able to get ahold of her!! Have you hung any posters or anything???

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check it out...My cat Alley was at the door meowing and i looked outside
and there was Patches,by our neighbors car..When i called her she looked
over and me and ran away
Maybe she forgot about us

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chelle

Check it out...My cat Alley was at the door meowing and i looked outside
and there was Patches,by our neighbors car..When i called her she looked
over and me and ran away
Maybe she forgot about us
Maybe you could start wooing her back with some canned food, and treat her like a feral you are trying to get to let you pet it
. She's probably scared and confused about everything right now- she's alive and around your house- that's good news
! Maybe the trap would work now? Good luck! Will be praying for your success

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well at least she is around. Perhaps treating her like a feral to get her would work???

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen her since...I have tried everything to lure her back
but nothing seems to work

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 9 year old Daughter prayed for Patches to come home
for Christmas...It broke my heart

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Sar...I appreciated it

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chelle, maybe we could start a new post asking for {{{come home prayers and vibes}}}} for Patches. During the holiday season, when spirits are high, and hearts are warmed, it seems more possible than ever that you will be able to get the miracle that you desire.
I lost a cat, Felix, several years ago; after almost a year, he showed up on our property but ran from me. I think that it was because my other cat Sal had beaten Felix up pretty badly. Somehow, the cats get the wrong association with us - sorta like misplaced aggression. Or maybe Patches has experienced some sort of trauma, perhaps while hearing you call for her (when she was outside lost), and now fears that the trauma will come back again. Maybe your neighbors could try coaxing her back, and then you could trap her or somehow contain her, and put her in a room in your house and retame her, as if she were a feral.
I am sure that there are lots of great minds here that will have excellent suggestions, but this thread is so long, it may put people off, thinking that they have to read the whole thing.

As for me, I rejoice that Patches is alive and nearby and hope yet remains that your daughter's Christmas prayers will be answered. Please tell her that I will burn a candle in my office today, to remind me to continually add my prayers to hers.
Susan

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey, the good news, is that Patches is ALIVE!!! What a little trooper!

Do NOT lose hope!!! I certainly won't for both of you!!! Don't give up. Chances are, when she ran away from you, she was confused, and has become a bit timid. If you can lure her back to you, there will probably be an adjustment period for her back into your home...but that's okay! She'll love you just as much as she ever did with time!

You definitely need to start setting some humane traps for her. SMEAR stinky food all over the place in them, and place them in areas that are well hidden, and covered. You may end up trapping other neighborhood cats in the process, but really, that isn't a bad thing. You can do this. Call your local shelter, and see if you can't rent 2 or 3 traps.

I'm sending lots of prayers...you can do this!!!!!!! Good luck, and please let us know WHEN YOU GET HER BACK, because she's not far from you ever, I guarantee! It isn't like a cat to go too far from home base...they're just good at hiding their whereabouts.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder why Patches isn't going home...I mean, if he is alive its weird that he isn't going home. Someone must be feeding him or something.

Sending many vibes for a Christmas miracle that he will finally come home.

taz money

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok, have you tried a humane trap yet? A lot of people on here have suggested it. Cats are not like dogs. They are not going to come right up to the door, meow and you will let him in. They are scared. They will run, even if they know you. Get a trap if you really want your cat back this badly.